Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 01:07 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,085,957 times

Advertisements

Anonymous....unsurprisingly. Well, yeah. Hope to check veracity of anonymous. Sort of like anonymous opposition research staff who post on social media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
This has been reported for almost a year. Not sure why it has suddenly resurfaced on the news now, but more people need to know. And this from a person who harped on "character" at the last debate. Too funny!!

The long unpaid are a little bitter. One former staffer, who unsurprisingly decided to remain anonymous, told Reuters, “I’d rather go to Iraq than work for Carly Fiorina again."

Carly Fiorina, the deadbeat presidential candidate - SFGate

Old 10-05-2015, 01:12 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,117,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Anonymous....unsurprisingly. Well, yeah. Hope to check veracity of anonymous. Sort of like anonymous opposition research staff who post on social media.
Not so anonymous:

"I can confirm we have not been paid," said firm partner Jon Seaton, who is working on Republican Senator Lindsey Graham's presidential bid."

“Occasionally, I’d call and tell her she should pay them,” said Martin Wilson, Fiorina’s former campaign manager, who found Shumate after the pollster collapsed from a heart attack. “She just wouldn’t.”

And then there's this:

"FEC records show, for example, that her former campaign manager Martin Wilson was owed $80,500; legal counsel Ben Ginsberg $60,000, and the widow of California political adviser Joe Shumate, who died during the final month of the campaign, at least $30,000."

Old 10-05-2015, 02:02 PM

77,771 posts, read 105,072,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Do you have proof that these campaign workers are lying? If so, please post it.
Absolutely not. My point is, you seem to spend more time trying to find articles blasting almost candidates you do not agree with, not to mention, just because someone says something doesn't make it true. I have no idea whether this is the case, neither do you!!! I am not the one who posted the information. It is more up to you to prove it before you post it as true.

Old 10-05-2015, 02:04 PM

77,771 posts, read 105,072,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Talk about naive! In this case, yes......I believe it. Her own campaign manager admits it:

Fiorina’s own campaign manager went on record saying that he would “occasionally” call her saying that she really needed to settle up on her bills, but “she just wouldn’t.”

Fiorina campaign questioned about paying their bills during senate bid « Hot Air
Lets face it: you are another one that simply doesnt like her: In fact you do not like Rs period. I am not naive, I am saying we don't know it there is truth in this or not and I was taught as a very young person, by my father, who was very wise: believe only 1/2 of what you see and nothing that you read.

Old 10-05-2015, 02:22 PM

42,880 posts, read 26,470,454 times
She couldn't pay her bills, but she paid herself 1.3 million...
Quote:
But records show there was something that Fiorina did not offer his widow: Shumate’s last paycheck, for at least $30,000. It was one of more than 30 invoices, totaling about $500,000, that the multimillionaire didn’t settle — even as Fiorina reimbursed herself nearly $1.3 million she lent the campaign. She finally cleared most of the balance in January, a few months before announcing her run for president.
Carly Fiorina

Old 10-05-2015, 02:57 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,117,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Absolutely not. My point is, you seem to spend more time trying to find articles blasting almost candidates you do not agree with, not to mention, just because someone says something doesn't make it true. I have no idea whether this is the case, neither do you!!! I am not the one who posted the information. It is more up to you to prove it before you post it as true.
Instead of wagging your little school marm finger at me, why don't you actually read through the thread? I quoted her campaign manager, one of the vendors who is still waiting for payment and the FEC--all of which, by the way, were easy to find if you actually read the links posted in the OP and the rest of the thread before going into your little scolding tirade. How much more proof do you require?

Old 10-05-2015, 05:02 PM

6,812 posts, read 6,977,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Lets face it: you are another one that simply doesnt like her: In fact you do not like Rs period. I am not naive, I am saying we don't know it there is truth in this or not and I was taught as a very young person, by my father, who was very wise: believe only 1/2 of what you see and nothing that you read.
If your dad advised you to disbelieve everything you read, you have my sympathies. Discernment is to be commended but deliberately closing your eyes to facts is foolish.

You are correct; I don't like her, and here is why: She has a bad habit of portraying herself and her experiences in way that is calculated to deceive.

She portrays herself as an "outsider". Yet she was the public face of McCain's campaign, until she was removed for repeated gaffes. Fiorina oversaw the RNC Victory fund, the entity that historically has raised money for voter-turnout and party-building efforts to support the party's presidential nominee and other GOP candidates nationwide. Mitt Romney is the one who encouraged her to run for office. Hardly an "outsider".

She touts her success at HP by saying she increased employment. What she fails to disclose is the increase came naturally from acquiring Compaq, with all its existing employees. She didn't create any new jobs, yet is giving the voters the impression that is the case.

She says she worked her way up from secretary to CEO. Once again, giving the impression that she was continually promoted from secretary all the way to the top. Not so. Her father's connections paid for her Stanford education and helped get her in to the AT&T management program (along with some help from Affirmative Action). But of course she is portraying her rise due to hard work and pulling herself up by the bootstraps, all by herself. Pfft!

She says she came from a modest and middle class family. Fiorina’s mother was an abstract artist and homemaker, and her father was a law professor who taught at Stanford, Cornell and Yale universities, and became Duke Law School dean. Joseph Sneed, her father, also was appointed deputy U.S. attorney general under President Richard M. Nixon, and served as a longtime federal appeals court judge in San Francisco. Modest and middle class?

Her blatant attempt to garner sympathy during the debate on marijuana fell short when it was realized that this "child" she and her husband lost to drug addiction was 35 years old, and a stepdaughter who never lived with Fiorina. The woman was an alcoholic and had a pain pill addiction. Once again, a seed of truth but a deliberate misrepresentation of facts.

Her self righteous announcement for the importance of "character" in last debate falls a little short when we realize she paid herself from the campaign and screwed everyone else out of money owed them. Only paid up a month before she filed papers to run. To me, that shows exactly what type of character she is, and it isn't good.

Once again, her self righteous affronted attitude due to a comment Trump made about her face.....when she herself made a similar catty remark about her old rival, Barbara Boxer. Hypocrisy!

I could go on and on.....but the final word is PHONY. No thanks!

Old 10-05-2015, 05:06 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,149,182 times
She has no right to criticize the bankruptcies of Mr. Trump's business ventures.

Mick

Old 10-06-2015, 09:54 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,085,957 times
I guess the anonymous campaign poster overlooked this.
Quote:
Larry Noble, senior counsel at the Campaign Legal Center, said, "It's not uncommon for a loser to have debt at the end of the campaign."

Hillary Clinton did not pay off her debt from her failed 2008 presidential run where she spent more than $250 million for more than four years. But her $12 million debt was finally retired on December 31, 2012 with more than $70,000 worth of payments to her pollsters' firm, Penn and Schoen.
http://http://www.nbcnews.com/politi...te-bid-n438901

Old 10-06-2015, 09:58 AM

4,301 posts, read 4,421,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
I guess the anonymous campaign poster overlooked this.
http://http://www.nbcnews.com/politi...te-bid-n438901
The "discerning" people who hate Carly don't care about stuff like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections