Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 07:25 AM

587 posts, read 380,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Since you ask question about yourself, I'll answer. You already spelled it out in THIS POST where you identify yourself as an illegal alien who is upset with Trump's policy towards the illegals. (This despite the fact that you now identify yourself as Proud US Citizen)

That post says it all, nothing else is necessary to be said except that illegals can't vote so the rest of what you stated about holding nose to vote for Hillary is nonsense.
I'm a U.S. citizen, I became a citizen last month. Do you want me to email you a copy of my Certificate? Maybe you can send it to Trump's investigators so they can figure out of if it's real. Are these investigators still in Hawaii verifying the authenticity of Obama's birth certificate? We haven't heard any updates from Trumpo. Did they fell into a volcano and drown in lava?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 07:35 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
They are polls of likely Republican primary voters, not of the population in general, so they are measuring the sentiment of Republicans. ....
And there in lies the folly of the rest of your post. You have no idea how independents (who will decide the election) and even democrats feel about voting for Trump.

The fact that he is holding events with 30K people and where TV debates of 26M viewers speak hugely of his across the board appeal to all voters. Contrast that to your first woman president who can't even pull down 6,000 people in NYC at what she billed as a major campaign event.

The devil is in the details and people have a great ability to ignore the ones that matter.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:41 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgarcita View Post
I'm a U.S. citizen, I became a citizen last month. Do you want me to email you a copy of my Certificate? Maybe you can send it to Trump's investigators so they can figure out of if it's real. Are these investigators still in Hawaii verifying the authenticity of Obama's birth certificate? We haven't heard any updates from Trumpo. Did they fell into a volcano and drown in lava?
Hmm. Post where you identified yourself as an illegal alien was also 1 month ago. Well no matter.

I go by people's actions, not their words, and you made it clear where & why you hold such position. I was only answering your question. If you didn't wish to hear answer, then that is on you for asking.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:53 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,963,752 times
Well, he has one of the worst attence records in the Senate. And although it has little in common with the finances of a country, he seems to be really bad with money. Not Scott Walker bad, but not good.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm. Post where you identified yourself as an illegal alien was also 1 month ago. Well no matter.

I go by people's actions, not their words, and you made it clear where & why you hold such position. I was only answering your question. If you didn't wish to hear answer, then that is on you for asking.
Nope it wasn't. Look again. I was not a citizen back then, I knew some people considered me an illegal lien so I called myself that. However I was already in the process of becoming a U.S. citizen and now I am and I will be voting next year. Weeee!

Sure Trump and Sanders attract a lot of fanatics in their rallies but the fact remains that many Americans won't vote for them. The polls don't lie. They both would lose against any other candidate.

Halloween time, let's imagine a horror night election, Trump vs Sanders.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:14 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,230,197 times
I don't mind Rubio too much. I thought he did pretty good at the last debate but he comes across as a bit whiny. I don't want to say shrill but some other attenuated synonym I can't think of right now. It reminds me of the part in the Lion King when Simba tried to roar to scare away the hyenas but it ended up being a big theatrical meow.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:18 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,300,829 times
Rubio rising is last night news. Woke up this morning to a flurry of new polls putting Trump up EVERYWHERE. Pennsylvania polls are out today for the first time and you get Trump 23, Carson 17, Rubio 12 and Santorum, his home state, 3. Trump beats Kasich, the media darling, in his home state by a mile.

So, you guys better come up to speed.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:20 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,491,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgarcita View Post
Why should I feel happy? I don't want Hillary to win but if the election is Clinton against Trump I'll do what other Americans will do, hold my nose and vote for her instead of voting for the orange clown.

Maybe it makes you happy since you want your king to win but the rest of Americans are not so happy she is the only option for the democratic party.
Worst of two evils.....hate having those types of choices. Had one with McCain Obama, but when Palin entered the picture the choice was a little easier to make. I'm curious who could stomach being given Trump's VP.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:22 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,491,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
I don't mind Rubio too much. I thought he did pretty good at the last debate but he comes across as a bit whiny. I don't want to say shrill but some other attenuated synonym I can't think of right now. It reminds me of the part in the Lion King when Simba tried to roar to scare away the hyenas but it ended up being a big theatrical meow.
This is seriously what's wrong with today's voter who knows little about policy but makes selection solely on this sort of thing...?.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Worst of two evils.....hate having those types of choices. Had one with McCain Obama, but when Palin entered the picture the choice was a little easier to make. I'm curious who could stomach being given Trump's VP.
Probably Rafael Cruz or Ann Coulter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections