Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 10:10 AM

39,503 posts, read 27,881,718 times

Advertisements

In all fairness, I think Trump is a typical successful businessman who is aggressive and likable at the same time. You have to have certain characters in order to be successful in the business world.

I've never met the Trumps in person, but my friend has met him in person and said he was actually a very very tall and pleasant individual who seems to care about the people he works with. (I do believe this to be true.)

My grandpa was a very strict, aggressive, principled conservative businessman. He could be pretty harsh, but at the same time, cared a great deal about people. He has a lot of love in his heart, but he is not a doormat. Growing up, I heard a lot of racial jokes or remarks coming out of his mouth, but he did have a lot of business partners around the world. He never screwed anybody in business.

I don't know how Donald Trump is as a person, but he doesn't seem like a bad person to me. Maybe this is my instinct. I hope I am right about this.

The preeminence of political correctness among the culture class indicates a momentous shift away from formerly prominent middle-class cultural values towards something entirely different. Even if Donald Trump were to accomplish little in his presidency, there is a hope that were he president, he could in some way alter that prevailing Washington/media culture, and set a new cultural tone.

This country has a lot of problems, I hope Donald trump is serious about what he promised. I hope race relationships improve.

Like it or hate it, Desperate People Cast Desperate Votes. Wall Street, the banks, and even illegal immigrants seem to be prospering more than the average American citizen. People are desperate.

I still cannot figure him out completely, I hope he is not trolling all of us. I am seriously considering vote for him, but I do have to wait and see.

This video is lovely, this country needs no more hate.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 10-11-2015 at 10:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 10:55 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,817,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Trump followers spend all their time attacking other posters. Should we start reporting them? Should I post TOS? Let me think about it.... Decisions, decisions...
You are right I should not have said that you should be embarrassed by your posts in my topic.

Instead I should have reported you for coming into my topic with a bunch of off-topic remarks about someone using drugs and being deranged that not only didn't stick to the topic, were designed to derail it.

Old 10-11-2015, 11:02 AM

8,069 posts, read 7,014,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You are right I should not have said that you should be embarrassed by your posts in my topic.

Instead I should have reported you for coming into my topic with a bunch of off-topic remarks about someone using drugs and being deranged that not only didn't stick to the topic, were designed to derail it.
We still talking about the same topic, the topic is Donald the clown. I didn't attack any poster. The problem with some of you is that you don't know how to attack the idea without attacking the speaker of the idea. That's against the TOS so take this as a friendly warning.

Old 10-11-2015, 11:14 AM

37,956 posts, read 17,980,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Here's Vera's final haul on the house after she moved to a retirement community in San Francisco - who's the dummy? Penthouse owner offered her 1 million and she declined - some people are just greedy - not attached to the property.
Coking moved out in 2010 and to a retirement home in the San Francisco Bay Area near her grandson, Ed Casey. Since then Casey has tried to sell the house; putting it on the market in 2011 with an asking price of $5 million.[1][7] As of September 2013 the price was reduced to $995,000.00 [8] The property did not sell as Atlantic City continued to suffer the lingering effects of the financial crisis of 2007–08 and over-building during the boom that preceded it.
Coking's property was sold for $530,000 in an auction on July 31, 2014.[9] The reserve price was $199,000, a tenth of the offer Trump had made for the property eight years earlier
She bought the house with her husband and had lived there for 35 years when Trump came along and tried to steal it. Some people can't be bought. To them memories mean more than money. But you know what's best for others right?

Old 10-11-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Steal her home? He offered her one million dollars for a home she paid $20,000 for.
When you don't want to sell and someone tries to force you that means stealing.

Are you going to tell me you can decide for Vera that 1 million was worth it to take away her property and her memories? Decide for yourself. I'd take the money but I don't have the memories of being in one place with a loved one for 35 years.

Old 10-11-2015, 11:39 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,817,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
We still talking about the same topic, the topic is Donald the clown. I didn't attack any poster. The problem with some of you is that you don't know how to attack the idea without attacking the speaker of the idea. That's against the TOS so take this as a friendly warning.
Warning? Do what you think you need to do. Otherwise, please stick to the topic.

Old 10-11-2015, 02:51 PM

68,410 posts, read 54,706,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Trump said a few weeks ago that he would drop out if his poll numbers were too low.

Just like Bernie Sanders, Trump is a hypocrite.
He also said he was sending a team of his experts to Hawaii to investigate Obama's birth certificate, I don't seem to recall him publicly divulging the results of that great quest.

Old 10-11-2015, 03:01 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,136,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
When you don't want to sell and someone tries to force you that means stealing.

Are you going to tell me you can decide for Vera that 1 million was worth it to take away her property and her memories? Decide for yourself. I'd take the money but I don't have the memories of being in one place with a loved one for 35 years.
Well, when you support a candidate who can't stop telling everyone how much money he has, it's not hard to understand why money is all that his supporters see as important in this kind of situation. You can't put a dollar value on the memories you have about a home you've lived your whole life in, raised a family in and loved and cared for for years, but that's obviously not a concept Trump supporters are able to comprehend. In their mind, money trumps all. <---- (Pun definitely intended.)

Old 10-11-2015, 03:01 PM

8,069 posts, read 7,014,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
He also said he was sending a team of his experts to Hawaii to investigate Obama's birth certificate, I don't seem to recall him publicly divulging the results of that great quest.
Maybe Trump's investigators got stranded on a Pacific island with Wilson.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z7Rv_7kWfBc

Old 10-11-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I hope these aren't the same "smart people" Trump is relying on for his policies. Whatever they happen to be this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections