Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 05:21 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,761,658 times

Advertisements

If true this is devastating news for the DNC because they can't win without the Union voter. Puts to rest the myth that Trump's only supporters are Southern, rural, and White.
These states have the highest share of “Blue Collar” voters in the nation, and many of them have not voted Republican in over 20 years.
SHOCK POLL: Trump Blue Collar Support highest since FDR in 1930s | www.prntly.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2015, 05:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,699,776 times
The Dems turned their backs on the unions after they got their votes.

You got Mexican truckers all over the US now.
You have car/truck mfg moving to Mexico.
You have Mexican trains running on US tracks.

And then you have the creation of the W Visa by the Dems (never made it into law though) that would have gutted the SEIU

Old 10-19-2015, 05:39 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,290,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The Dems turned their backs on the unions after they got their votes.

You got Mexican truckers all over the US now.
You have car/truck mfg moving to Mexico.
You have Mexican trains running on US tracks.

And then you have the creation of the W Visa by the Dems (never made it into law though) that would have gutted the SEIU
So you are saying the party that is for getting rid of unions, the Republicans, and who unions are running to? Yeah, that makes no sense. What has the Republicans done for the union workers in the US?

Manufacturing companies being moved to Mexico is called global capitalism, something right wingers claim to support. This is what happens when you push for unrestricted capitalism.

Old 10-19-2015, 05:47 PM

11,986 posts, read 5,325,539 times
I'd be interested in looking at the poll's data breakdown if anyone can find it. There's nothing on the prntly article that even identifies the pollster, let alone printing the details. Every other reference I found through Google referred back to the original article and provided no additional details. Also, not one mainstream news source has picked it up, which makes you wonder if it's legit.

Old 10-19-2015, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
I'd be interested in looking at the poll's data breakdown if anyone can find it. There's nothing on the prnty article that even identifies the pollster, let alone printing the details. Every other reference I found through Google referred back to the original article and provided no additional details. Also, not one mainstream news source has picked it up, which makes you wonder if it's legit.
That is usually a red flag right there.

Old 10-19-2015, 05:49 PM

26,118 posts, read 22,306,685 times
The Democrats and Repubicans have done nothing for them but Trump is talking about jobs. Without jobs, there is no need for unions. It ties up into one nice little package.

It is no shock to me that "jobs" and deporting the illegals would get the attention of my home state of MI. Per my update of the area where I lived, illegals are everywhere. They have taken the jobs in the RV industry in the Elkhart area which is the mainstay of the area and the quality of the work shows it too.

If you think Trump supports moving companies to Mexico, you haven't been listening close enough.

Blue Collar support for Trump will be HUGE! So many of these workers have been pushed out by the companies leaving the country or illegals taking their jobs for less pay.

The supporters of Trump understand what it will take to make America great again and most of us probably remember what it used to be like especially the blue collar workers in MI.

Good news! Keep it coming!

Located this article that goes a little more into the explanation of what is going on: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/la...rticle/2573359 and in this article they mention Joe Biden and waiting to endorse to see what he is going to do: http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...p-endorsement/ Maybe they are tired of waiting, didn't want to endorse Hillary so are looking hard at Trump.

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 10-19-2015 at 05:59 PM..

Old 10-19-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The Democrats and Repubicans have done nothing for them but Trump is talking about jobs. Without jobs, there is no need for unions. It ties up into one nice little package.

It is no shock to me that "jobs" and deporting the illegals would get the attention of my home state of MI. Per my update of the area where I lived, illegals are everywhere. They have taken the jobs in the RV industry in the Elkhart area which is the mainstay of the area and the quality of the work shows it too.

If you think Trump supports moving companies to Mexico, you haven't been listening close enough.

Blue Collar support for Trump will be HUGE! So many of these workers have been pushed out by the companies leaving the country or illegals taking their jobs for less pay.

The supporters of Trump understand what it will take to make America great again and most of us probably remember what it used to be like especially the blue collar workers in MI.

Good news! Keep it coming!
What exactly has Trump been saying about jobs? What about jobs Trump has moved overseas to begin with....his record shows he is all for sending jobs overseas.

Old 10-19-2015, 05:52 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,761,658 times
I've said many times that the middle class/blue collar workers have all abandoned the DNC. It's going to be a cold slap in the face for them in 2016.

Old 10-19-2015, 05:55 PM

3 posts, read 4,016 times
What poll? Where's the data? Where is a link to such a poll?

Old 10-19-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I've said many times that the middle class/blue collar workers have all abandoned the DNC. It's going to be a cold slap in the face for them in 2016.
Oh yeah, because states like Oregon are gonna go red because they have been "abandoned" by the DNC....November 2016 is gonna be rough for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections