Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 11:49 AM

26,238 posts, read 22,408,737 times

Advertisements

I hadn't heard this one before: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...n-the-marines/

It seems pretty tacky what she said about the recruiter. I entered the military in 1975 and I never encountered that attitude. I met with recruiters and military personnel locally and at the MEPS station in Detroit. I was being "courted" by both the Air Force and the Army and none were negative about the other and concentrated on what they had to offer. My cousin was rejected for her poor eyesight.

It would be very offensive to me having been a military member to have her say this if it isn't true. Of course, if Hillary says it, it must be true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 11:57 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,860,242 times
Were her lips moving? If so, then yes. An unequivocal yes!

Old 11-12-2015, 11:58 AM

21,402 posts, read 20,025,200 times
I never heard of a war protester trying to get into the military.

Old 11-12-2015, 12:27 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,443,995 times
In 1980 I was 18.......first year of college. I wasn't real sure what I wanted to do and a couple of my friends were in the military. One day I went into a recruiters office and inquired about signing up. The recruiter asked me what I was currently doing...I told him working part time and going to college. He told me I was better off staying in college.

That said, Hillary could state that she was breathing and a large portion of people will wonder whether she is lying or not.

Old 11-12-2015, 02:46 PM

37,846 posts, read 41,209,489 times
Maybe she was trying to get into the marina or, you know, get into the marinara sauce she was having with her spaghetti.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:16 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,017,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I never heard of a war protester trying to get into the military.

Hillary Clinton was a Republican and raised by politically conservative parents. She was a volunteer for Goldwater in 1964. In college at Wellesley she was President of the Young Republicans. Then she had a change of heart like so many young people in the 1960s.

By the way, I am not comparing her with war veteran, but you wrote that you "never heard of a war protester trying to get into the military." Apparently you never heard of Ron Kovic. If not, I suggest you rent "Born on the Fourth of July." There's an organization called "Vietnam Veterans Against the War. Look it up.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:26 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,017,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
In 1980 I was 18.......first year of college. I wasn't real sure what I wanted to do and a couple of my friends were in the military. One day I went into a recruiters office and inquired about signing up. The recruiter asked me what I was currently doing...I told him working part time and going to college. He told me I was better off staying in college.

That said, Hillary could state that she was breathing and a large portion of people will wonder whether she is lying or not.
Whether or not I believe Hillary isn't the point, but the same people who said Ben Carson's questionable claim that he was offered a full scholarship to West Point was irrelevant and overblown by the media seem to care an awful lot about something Hillary Clinton might have done 47 years ago.

Things were different back then. During the draft, my boyfriend (who had one kidney and needed a transplant) was 1Y. Maybe if his other kidney were removed, he would have been 4F.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:36 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,313,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Whether or not I believe Hillary isn't the point, but the same people who said Ben Carson's questionable claim that he was offered a full scholarship to West Point was irrelevant and overblown by the media seem to care an awful lot about something Hillary Clinton might have done 47 years ago.

Things were different back then. My boyfriend had one kidney and needed a transplant and he was 1Y.
Reading the story, it just seems she as casually mulling over the possibility of joining the military in some capacity, and she had a less than flattering encounter with a recruiter. I don't see this as that big a deal esp since it happened so long ago. It's not like she wrote it in a book the way Carson did his West Point story.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:37 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,443,995 times
Quote:
I can't speak for others and unless you are discussing something with such person the claim doesn't mean a lot.

IMO neither belong anywhere near the White House.

Quote:
Things were different back then. During the draft, my boyfriend (who had one kidney and needed a transplant) was 1Y. Maybe if his other kidney were removed, he would have been 4F.
Things were different. Back in Hillary's days parents knew of the future great deeds of unknowns and named their kids after them.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:02 PM

25,793 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Quote:
Whether or not I believe Hillary isn't the point, but the same people who said Ben Carson's questionable claim that he was offered a full scholarship to West Point was irrelevant and overblown by the media seem to care an awful lot about something Hillary Clinton might have done 47 years ago...........
You didn't read the article, did you? Hillary's claim is ludicrous. And the article discusses why.

Carson's story has been corroborated.
No, Ben Carson Didn't Lie About West Point. It's Another Media Hit Job. | Daily Wire

Hillary's tail doesn't pass the sniff test for those of us who listened to her stories about ducking bullets. But stories like hers are hard to verify. I spent 9 years in the navy listening to and telling stories like hers. So I think I know a "sea story" when I hear one.

She's not the first. Biden has told some and Teddy Roosevelt did it all the time.
The question is: Did she tell a whopper to the FBI?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections