Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for if election were held today?
Hillary Clinton 32 18.82%
Martin O'Malley 1 0.59%
Bernie Sanders 21 12.35%
Jeb Bush 1 0.59%
Ben Carson 2 1.18%
Chris Christie 4 2.35%
Ted Cruz 22 12.94%
Carly Fiorina 3 1.76%
Jim Gilmore 0 0%
Lindsey Graham 0 0%
Mike Huckabee 2 1.18%
Bobby Jindal 0 0%
John Kasich 7 4.12%
George Pataki 0 0%
Rand Paul 9 5.29%
Marco Rubio 10 5.88%
Rick Santorum 0 0%
Donald Trump 47 27.65%
Undecided 8 4.71%
None of the above 1 0.59%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 06:11 PM

17,603 posts, read 9,388,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I am undecided.

I don't like and won't vote for as follows: Trump, Rubio, Cruz, Paul, Santorum, Carson, Pataki, etc. on the GOP.

On the GOP ticket I like Kasich and Christie and to a lesser extent Carly Fiorina.

Trump is not presidential and doesn't seem to understand how government or diplomacy or policy making works and I think he would be a disaster for the country. All of the others, except those mentioned above and Jeb Bush are too conservative IMO and I think they would be a detriment (though not disaster level like Trump) to the economy due to wanting to implement too many far fetched ideas and having too much of a war mongering spirit.

Oddly enough, I do like Jeb Bush as a moderate, but since he is a Bush, I don't see him winning or having a wide array of support as the last Bush left a bad taste in too many American's mouths.

On the Dem side, I don't even consider any of them a candidate other than Hillary Clinton. I am disappointed in the Dems. I was hoping Biden would run but I can understand him not wanting to run due to the stress over the loss of his son.

So I am undecided at the moment. I am waiting for the GOP circus to come to an end and then I will make a decision. If any of the candidates mentioned above become the GOP nominee though (Trump, Carson, Rubio, Cruz, Paul, etc.) who are super conservative IMO, then I will vote for Hillary Clinton.

OP, I know you are a fellow Ohioan. I like Kasich and if he got the nomination, would you support him. I know some here love him, some hate him, and some like me are "so-so" about him. I do think though he has the necessary executive experience, he knows how government works, he is conservative enough to draw in far right conservatives and he is moderate enough to draw in independents like myself and the more conservative Democrats. I know a lot of Dems here in Lucas County who would support him because they feel he is more willing than most Republicans to work with Dems to get things done. For those reasons, I would support him over Hillary Clinton.

I think if the GOP goes too conservative, they will lose by a wide margin. The country is not uber conservative and I don't see many independents like myself, especially not here in Ohio who would support a super right wing candidate and independents in Ohio and in a few other "key" states are the ones who make or break an election.

At the same time, I am hoping that the GOP does endorse an extreme conservative so that they can finally see that on a national scale that that sort of conservatism is just not what Americans want. I think too many hard right wingers think that because of 2010 and 2012 that America is gung-ho for strict conservatism a-la Ted Cruz and they are not taking into account that during presidential elections more Dems and independents vote and turnout is MUCH higher in general during presidential bid years so I am kind of hoping they do nominate Cruz in order to see that that brand of conservatism is just too extreme.
Funny Stuff ...... you are not "undecided". Any "D" get's your vote and that is Ms Inevitable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 07:21 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,125,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I for one, would not vote for a Career Politician....that is why I chose Trump.
I'm not convinced that he is the answer either, however....

Rubio, is a no show voter, full of himself....just as many of them are....however, if he didn't care enough to show up for work then, why would he change now?

I do like Cruz....but fear he is lying to?

My biggest fear is that Bernie Sanders is going to win....another 4 - 8 years of liberal thinking will destroy America.
Actually, he has a record of acting, and voting, much in the same way he is talking right now. He is probably the most believable conservative out there, in my opinion.

Old 11-17-2015, 12:56 AM

9,920 posts, read 7,792,163 times
Did a bit if research on the candiates and recent article's made up my mind voting for Kasich he has my support.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:08 AM

37,840 posts, read 41,201,164 times
Realistically, we're all not going to have so many choices because of our state's order of voting in the primaries so maybe the question (including the one in the real polls) should be worded, "If you lived in New Hampshire or Iowa, who would you vote for?" You people who live in California, New Jersey, Montana, New Mexico, DC and South Dakota may have no choice at all.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:21 AM

2,944 posts, read 2,017,729 times
Cruz talks about being against amnesty for illegals at about the 18:50 mark in this C-span video:

Open Phones Senator Ted Cruz | Video | C-SPAN.org

Doesn't mean he'd send them back, so I'd like to hear a more detailed explanation. But like the fact he's against amnesty.

Still don't like his ideas for fixing Social Security's solvency issue.

Old 11-18-2015, 04:58 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,812,092 times
Yet again Trump beats all candidates.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:22 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,851,485 times
There are a few interesting points that I would like to point out.

1. If you add the votes for Clinton and Sanders they come nowhere near the total of votes casted for the Republican candidates.

2. Ted Cruz doubles Marco Rubio but in the national and state polls he is slightly trailing him.

3. Ben Carson only has on vote here but in national and state polls he is in second place.

4. Ted Cruz is only one vote behind Sanders and five votes behind Clinton. Imagine what will happen when more republican candidates drop out.

According to this poll Trump or Cruz could easily beat Clinton or Sanders.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:35 PM

1,676 posts, read 951,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
There are a few interesting points that I would like to point out.

1. If you add the votes for Clinton and Sanders they come nowhere near the total of votes casted for the Republican candidates.

2. Ted Cruz doubles Marco Rubio but in the national and state polls he is slightly trailing him.

3. Ben Carson only has on vote here but in national and state polls he is in second place.

4. Ted Cruz is only one vote behind Sanders and five votes behind Clinton. Imagine what will happen when more republican candidates drop out.

According to this poll Trump or Cruz could easily beat Clinton or Sanders.
Carson isn't second place anymore. He saw a sharp decline after the Paris Attacks, and Rubio rose to replace him. I'm guessing that the media damage from his "story", combined with his low energy and lack of knowledge regarding several things with the government have put him in the same category that Gingrich, Cain, and Bachmann were in the previous election cycle.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:21 PM

9,567 posts, read 5,673,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
Anyone without a D after his/her name will have my vote
90% of the D's will do this and I think more than half of the Independents will do the same when it comes to voting in 2016.
As a non-Dem the GOP is a Circus at this point.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:47 AM

33,610 posts, read 18,283,360 times
Cruz ,Carson, Trump, Huckabee are the only ones I like. Christie, kasich, big government, Rubuo, another good talker, too practiced, and will cave on amnesty.Sick of great speakers who are weak. Had Obama too long and all he did was talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections