Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for if election were held today?
Hillary Clinton 32 18.82%
Martin O'Malley 1 0.59%
Bernie Sanders 21 12.35%
Jeb Bush 1 0.59%
Ben Carson 2 1.18%
Chris Christie 4 2.35%
Ted Cruz 22 12.94%
Carly Fiorina 3 1.76%
Jim Gilmore 0 0%
Lindsey Graham 0 0%
Mike Huckabee 2 1.18%
Bobby Jindal 0 0%
John Kasich 7 4.12%
George Pataki 0 0%
Rand Paul 9 5.29%
Marco Rubio 10 5.88%
Rick Santorum 0 0%
Donald Trump 47 27.65%
Undecided 8 4.71%
None of the above 1 0.59%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 11:52 AM

33,595 posts, read 18,229,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Did a bit if research on the candiates and recent article's made up my mind voting for Kasich he has my support.
Expanded medicaid in his state . Will expand government giveaways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 12:03 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,349,967 times
Ted Cruz! He says a lot of the same things Trump says (the logical ones anyways) he just does it much more eloquently and effectively and does it without ever sounding condescending or childish like Trump does. He also understands very important things like foreign policy much better than Trump ever will.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:35 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,999,923 times
For those who haven't seen this link I posted in another thread of Ted Cruz's interview on Megyn Kelly's show from back in August I'm posting it again. She starts asking him (at about the 2:30 mark) what he'd do with children born here to two illegals, He dodges the question a couple of times until at about 3:40 she presses him to answer the question when he finally does. Says we need to secure the border then we can have a discussion. As I mentioned in the other thread, whenever I hear a candidate talk about securing the border first and giving E-verify cards, "then we can have a discussion about what to do about those already here", I know they are for amnesty. Cruz has promised amnesty wouldn't be granted if he becomes president, but if they get to stay without or without being given citizenship it's amnesty in my opinion. If allowed to stay they will be given citizenship eventually, even if it isn't until Democrats gain power again. Bottomline, if they stay the ill affects are there whether its officially called amnesty or not.

https://youtu.be/7wwR4BvrNX8

I voted for Cruz in my poll, but he could end up losing my support over this issue and his stance on how to make Social Security solvent. Its still very early.

Old 11-19-2015, 02:00 PM

19,915 posts, read 9,475,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Out of 112 votes so far Ben Carson has 1, despite the fact he's doing so well in professional polling.

Nice surprise to see Ted Cruz doing so well. Still trailing Trump by 11 votes, 27-16, but he's up on Rubio 16-10.

A little surprised that Sanders is going toe to toe among Democrats here.
After five days, Dr. Carson only has two votes or about 1% of the total?

I would love to have some people post about why they think he is doing so poorly on this City-Data poll! is it just that the C-D posters are not of the ordinary mold, or what?

Old 11-19-2015, 02:05 PM

19,915 posts, read 9,475,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Not only are we both from Ohio, but from Lucas county as well. I live in Toledo, so I'm an Independent in a Democrat city. Although judging by how many former Democrats that ran as Independents during the mayoral election, I'm guessing many here are starting to consider themselves Independents because they are fed up with both parties, even though most will still vote for D's over R's in most cases.

To answer your question, I despise John Kasich, however if he won the nomination I'd probably do what I said I'd never do again and that is vote for the least worst candidate by voting for him. Considering the choices on the other side I'd feel I had no choice. No way can this country afford to have Clinton or Sanders in the White House, not after the way the country's been run for the last several years. If I held my nose and voted for McCain, then I g I think I probably see this issue as premeditated murderuess I could for Kasich once it got down to election day. It'd be one thing for me to say I wouldn't, but when the ballot's in front of me I know I'd do the right thing. If voting for a candidate I don't like means keeping one much worse from winning, I'll do what I need to. Sometimes a man's got to 'man up' and do what's right, even if it's going to kill him to do it. .
I am curious, because you live in Ohio and are an independent, as to why you "despise" Kasich?

And if anyone else sees this who lives in Ohio and also despises Kasich, I would definitely like to hear from you, too!

Old 11-19-2015, 02:10 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,726,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
After five days, Dr. Carson only has two votes or about 1% of the total?

I would love to have some people post about why they think he is doing so poorly on this City-Data poll! is it just that the C-D posters are not of the ordinary mold, or what?

Carson is a MSM created flash in the pan. Just like Carly Florina last month. Neither will make it past SC.

Old 11-19-2015, 02:16 PM

24,057 posts, read 15,168,475 times
Changed my mind.

Been watching Graham since the SC church murders. He is beginning to sound like the most reasonable one in the bunch.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:45 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,999,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
I am curious, because you live in Ohio and are an independent, as to why you "despise" Kasich?

And if anyone else sees this who lives in Ohio and also despises Kasich, I would definitely like to hear from you, too!
I'll try to answer the question off the top of my head, but more than anything its that I've heard enough from him over the years to know he's one arrogant, condescending tyrant. After you hear so many things over a long period of time they all start to run together, so I'm sure I'll leave a lot out. Some things that come to mind:

1) He cut the budget to say, "Hey everyone, look at the budget surplus I created, now vote for me for Prez!". A lot of cuts had to be picked up by local communities, if they were at all. There's a thread in the Ohio forum where people have mentioned some of the cuts he made, some of which I know were related to education.

2) Right before he ran for re-election for Governor he signed into law changes to election law that made it impossible for a couple of the third parties to get on the ballot that election cycle. It was jokingly referred to as the re-elect John Kasich bill. Democrats have tried the same in the past but Kasich and his Republican co-conspirators succeeded.

3) I don't know exactly whether it was the former Governor, Ted Strickland, or Kasich that not only allowed fracking in Ohio, but also allowed other states to send their fracking waste water here to be shot into the ground. Communities in the affected areas are upset about the way the whole issue has been handled. I believe it was during Kasich's first term that it began.

4) Just to give you an idea of his mindset, he promised if re-elected he'd lower taxes by raising taxes on tobacco and alcohol, as if they aren't high enough already.

My impression of Kasich is he thinks he knows best and the voters just better shut the heck up, sit down, and if they don't like it they are idiots.

On top of all that after he left Congress he worked where?? Oh that's right, Lehman Brothers. Wonder why they gave him that job, Pretty sure it was payback for something. So typical of D.C. politicians and big corporations to be in bed together.

Probably enough negativity from me for one day.

Old 11-21-2015, 08:05 AM

9,913 posts, read 7,740,194 times
Well my list narrowed only people I vote for is Bush, Graham, Webb, and Gilmore

Old 11-21-2015, 08:42 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,105,079 times
Martin O'Malley has one vote! He must be on CD. Who knew?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections