Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 08:34 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I am just reminded how utterly unprepared a man like Trump or Carson is for dealing with the complexities of the world. I sure would rather have a Jeb!, Christie, or Hillary at a time like this.
^^^^This. We don't need someone who freaks out, blindly strikes out in all directions when angered, calls Americans stupid, speaks and 'tweets' hatefully without thinking as a leader or representing the US.

And luckily, as a recent poll revealed, 44% of the country would not vote for someone with no government experience. Trump does not have a chance. Perhaps his base is not concerned about his meltdown of ranting and raving, but many are.

What Matters in a Presidential Candidate? | Home of the Marist Poll: Pebbles and Pundits

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...be-fools-okay/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 09:13 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
I feel even more strongly that the last person we need as president is a blowhard who doesn't think about consequences before he speaks.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:24 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I feel exactly the same way I did 24 hours ago. I'm not exactly a Trump hater, but he is way down my list for who would get my vote for president.
Agree, I won't vote for Trump in the primary.

But when it comes down to anyone versus Hillary, that's a no brainer. Hillary is not fit to be President and must be defeated.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:36 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
If we don't get our country safely contained you might want to start thinking about what Paris is dealing with tonight. I don't think Trump is suggesting that anyone be murdered or baked in ovens but our citizens need to be protected from evil people that are targeting Christians. I think the people who were doing the killing tonight would fit your example where Trump's ideas are more in line with a responsible leader. You need to change your thinking and anyone who is criticizing Trump on his immigration ideas needs to change theirs. America has been saying "I can't" too long. We need to start saying "all things are possible" and do accordingly. Illegal immigrants are destroying our country. It is time to become a country again and not a place to be trampled.

Drug use have been an issue mentioned by many of the candidates. Where do you think these drugs come from? They come from over and under the borders that are not contained. They were brought here by many illegal immigrants. They just run back and forth across the border whenever they want to. Some of them fly in.

We live in a most dangerous time and what do Libs and their Leaders call for?

Carelessness.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:41 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,646,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Quoting Ann Coulter?? How profound.

When I saw her bizarre statement, all I could think was she must have missed his histrionic meltdown last night.

I just feel grateful that Trump is nowhere near the WH tonite. He's certifiable. Anyone who believes that a terrorist attack got a nutjob elected should sit back and enjoy life in the bubble.
Agree. His grandiose ideas sound "great," "terrific," "wonderful," and all those other fourth-grade-level words he uses when he's pounding his chest, but how would they pan out in practice? How do we know what he would do if faced with this problem today? Does he even know what he'd do? He's never worked in government in his life. I haven't either, and I have some pretty good ideas, but I couldn't do the job on my first day; I'd need on-the-job training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I feel exactly the same way I did 24 hours ago. I'm not exactly a Trump hater, but he is way down my list for who would get my vote for president.
Exactly. This changes nothing about how I feel about Trump's ability to lead the nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Illegal aliens have come to the U.S. for ages and yet most terrorist attacks have been done by either Americans or non Mexican legal immigrants who followed the rules.

Trying to associate catholic Mexicans and other hispanics (the groups openly targeted by clown Trump) to fundamentalist Islamic terrorism is quite laughable. People are not stupid, they are not gonna support "rounding up" millions of illegals to avoid terrorism. The terrorist are already here or coming legally here from non-hispanic countries.
Right, There is no correlation, no connection between ISIS/Syria/The Middle East vs. Mexico. These are apples and oranges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I am just reminded how utterly unprepared a man like Trump or Carson is for dealing with the complexities of the world. I sure would rather have a Jeb!, Christie, or Hillary at a time like this.
I'd rather have ANYONE who has government experience. Lindsey Graham is the biggest war hawk of the bunch, and he's been begging the Obama administration to get over there before they COME HERE, and they will. Are we just going to wait around, stay on the offense until we get hit again? Another 9/11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
We don't know who's crossing the border.

We don't know who is overstaying their visa.

We don't know who is in this country.

Correct, all three. What are we going to do, knock on doors, make phone calls to see who will fess up to being an ISIS supporter and wannabe terrorist? At this point, we can't check everyone who gets through, much less monitor them; US natives have turned on us secretly yet arouse no suspicion; and we can't ferret out every person who has an overextended/bad visa.

I think we should make our presence known over there in ways that only the sharpest, best minds in US intelligence know, and this should have happened right after France acted. We should have closed our borders as well, but we haven't because Obama does not want to get involved and won't issue an executive order. So we sit like ducks while he sings his swan song and leaves it up to the next president -- whatever's left.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:44 AM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Let's not deflect that Trump's message is anti-Hispanic. There are more Chinese entering the U.S. than Mexicans but you don't here a word about Chinese immigrants from Trump.
Not ILLEGALLY there aren't. Wealthy Chinese are having babies on American soil, then skedaddling back to China. They want their children to have American citizenship for the purposes of college admission and business dealings. Why is the Hispanic population growing at exponential rates? It's not because American Hispanics are having 4 and 5 children per family--it is due to immigration both legal and illegal.

And the Nazis killed their own citizens, not only due to ethnic group but sexual orientation and mental and physical disability. Is enforcing immigration law the same as murdering American citizens? We've always had seasonal workers from Mexico and other Latin American countries; they made good money here compared to what they could make at home, and then when the harvest was over they returned home. So expecting people not to overstay work visas, or commit tax fraud by working under the table, is what we've ALWAYS done. Anyway it's a huge insult to the families of people who actually went through literal genocide/ethnic cleansing to make the comparison.

Last edited by Kaphawoman; 11-14-2015 at 10:25 AM..

Old 11-14-2015, 10:06 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Watch all the candidates come out against accepting Syrian refugees and act tough otherwise. Sorry, it is too late when blood is flowing tin the street. When Trump said he will send them back everybody, including Bush, spoke against him.

Old 11-14-2015, 10:15 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
It really does not matter what challenges we may face in the months and years ahead, the answer is NOT TRUMP. Are you Trump apologists listening to the word torrents that fall out of his mouth with no regard for truth or accuracy or common sense or simple decency? He is a liar, a clown, a male Kardashian, famous because he is famous.

Would you please work a little harder at understanding the world around you and choose some other candidate to support?

Thank you.

Old 11-14-2015, 10:19 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
How, exactly, does illegal immigration into the US have ANYTHING to do with terrorist attacks in Europe? The last time I looked, most immigrants from Latin America, whether legal or illegal, were nominally Roman Catholic, not Muslim.
It has a lot to do with it because since at the very least 11 million illegal aliens have managed to breach our southern border and we have no idea all who are getting in here that way. It isn't just Mexicans coming here looking for economic opportunity. The FBI Director himself has stated that those from known terrorist countries have managed to slip right in along with Mexicans and other Latinos and disappear into our country. No one is accusing Mexicans of being terrorists or Muslims. It's what is sneaking in with them.

Old 11-14-2015, 10:22 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Trump might be a blowhard, but he's a blowhard who wants to protect Americans, put America first, make sure our laws are enforced, make sure our borders are secure and our sovereignty respected, and keep foreign terrorists and criminals out of this country.

He is the ONLY presidential candidate from either party who unequivocally says he wants to do all of these things.

He has his own money and cannot be bought by special interests -- unlike ALL of the other candidates.

He wants to bring jobs back to America and -- as a successful businessman on an international scale -- he knows how to do that, how to run things efficiently, and how to deal with foreign competitors and governments.

As for his style -- why should anyone care?

If anything, he's entertaining.

So you get two for the price of one: Entertainment and good government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections