Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 07:43 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,391,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Yelled at my kids for 15 consecutive years for calling each other's "stupid" and now the wanna be pres does it. Arrggg,
I guess you were just wrong.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:59 PM

29,639 posts, read 16,681,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I didn't want to post this in the original information post but despite all of the debates, there sure are an awful lot of voters who don't know some of these candidates.

What percentage of "Never heard of" do you think is high at this point in time? Is that the fault of the voters or the candidates?
It is the fault of the voters. We have had multiple presidential debates. If you simply watch 3 total( undercard plus both regular debates) then you should know who all the candidates are.

But honestly, i think a lot of people simply hear this question differently than others.

Some here it as " Have you heard of the policies of this candidates" rather than simply have you heard of the candidates.

I doubt more people know who Ben Carson is over Ted Cruz considering the government shut down and the way his name was thrown across both national and local news.

I would use the same argument against Rubio, I havent seen him in any national news, therefore his "have you heard of" number should be higher(in the 20's) if this was actually about if you heard of the person or not.

Old 11-18-2015, 04:28 AM

37,848 posts, read 41,209,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Yelled at my kids for 15 consecutive years for calling each other's "stupid" and now the wanna be pres does it. Arrggg,
How did your kids turn out?

Old 11-18-2015, 04:36 AM

35,867 posts, read 21,277,480 times
successful loving parents of 5 of my grands- one in heaven,,, via motorcycle accident and I am yelling at my grands not to call each other stupid---

Old 11-18-2015, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
It is the fault of the voters. We have had multiple presidential debates. If you simply watch 3 total( undercard plus both regular debates) then you should know who all the candidates are.

But honestly, i think a lot of people simply hear this question differently than others.

Some here it as " Have you heard of the policies of this candidates" rather than simply have you heard of the candidates.

I doubt more people know who Ben Carson is over Ted Cruz considering the government shut down and the way his name was thrown across both national and local news.

I would use the same argument against Rubio, I havent seen him in any national news, therefore his "have you heard of" number should be higher(in the 20's) if this was actually about if you heard of the person or not.
I'm not in the first 4 states that will vote in the primaries, so I don't know if candidates are advertising there locally, but I have only seen ads for Rubio, Bush and, I think, Christie. But I've seen them while watching Fox News. It seems to me that will only accomplish, if successful, making a voter who is already planning to vote for a candidate change their mind and vote for them instead. It's not reaching people who don't know who they are.

I like your idea about what they really hear when the question is read.

Old 11-18-2015, 04:59 AM

9,921 posts, read 7,798,423 times
I can't vote Democrat again after how they responded to the Paris attacks so either voting for Jill Stein or a Republican candiate.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Current events and the tone deaf politicians are helping Trump.

Obama needs to keep talking about his love of Islam after one of the largest terror attacks in recent history. Clinton needs to keep saying she's in favor of bringing hundreds of thousands of Syrian (Muslim terrorists; we don't know) refugees here. Sanders needs to keep blaming the weather for terrorism.

It's like a tidal wave of stupid and Trump is surfin' it to the nomination.
You are right about the Dems.

I also think the other Republican candidates are always afraid of being the first to say anything because they are so controlled. You know, they wait until they see which way the wind is blowing on an issue (i.e. don't want to sound mean on immigration or refugees) before they comment and Trump just jumps on it and it's bombs away (figuratively speaking). Then when they finally do say something, they are just another noise in the crowd saying the same thing everyone else is saying.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:38 AM

29,639 posts, read 16,681,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I can't vote Democrat again after how they responded to the Paris attacks so either voting for Jill Stein or a Republican candiate.

What response are you referring to ?

Further more, Jill Stein is on the opposite side of the political spectrum form most republicans, How could you go from not being able to vote for any Dem to voting for either her or a republican ????

Old 11-18-2015, 11:20 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,817,272 times
Haha. Polling democrats is a farce. Like it matters. Super Delegates will insure nomination of King Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections