Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 07:16 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I think he would be more responsible than Hillary and to me, responsibility is the key. I think that Bernie would respect the role of the military and use them as they were meant to be used not as political pawns the way most elected officials do.
Agreed. It's disgusting that "supporting the troops" for some people means sending them to fight in wars for profiteers.

I want them HOME, protecting Americans-and with access to health care and veteran benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 07:21 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
I could see him there. I think his status as a CO could be a teeny bit of a problem should we actually need to deploy our troops. But hopefully we won't.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:58 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,678,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
sanders as commander in chief? he has even less backbone than carter did.
For backbone, I'd put Sanders up against pretty much any of those guys in the GOP Clown Car, any day.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:00 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Couldn't be any worse than the jug ear fool acting in the role currently.
Bush has been out of office for almost 8 years.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:43 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
It's funny you all say he should teach higher education...but isn't "fit" to be a leader. I guess everyone is used to corporate shills that lie, take money from big corporate lobbies and yell talking points to everyone being in office, and someone with actual intelligence who wants to do things like end the drug war, support veterans (See article above), stop corporate loopholes, protect the 2nd amendment but do it smartly, make education affordable, and other good ideas seems too "academic" or "cerebral" to be president. How dare we have a smart, reasonable person in office. Maybe thats why America is a laughing stock.
This election reveals a high school mentality in people. The honest and intelligent one with good intentions is overlooked for the loud, flashy, corrupt bullies.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:56 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
As a disabled vet, I have seen first hand how Bernie respects vets. He has helped me PERSONALLY when I had trouble dealing with the V.A. He also made sure that there was V.A. facilities around the state closer to home rather than having to drive a hour & a half ONE WAY to the nearest V.A. hospital.

I have never had more service from any of the past Commander-in-Chiefs as I have had in Bernie.

Cat
I'm happy to hear you're getting the help you need. This is a powerful testament of Bernie Sanders' integrity, consistency, and ability to get things done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Agreed. It's disgusting that "supporting the troops" for some people means sending them to fight in wars for profiteers.

I want them HOME, protecting Americans-and with access to health care and veteran benefits.
Can't rep you again. But I agree with this 100%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections