Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2015, 11:24 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,287,522 times

Advertisements

LA riots? They’ll be anywhere they can showcase how racist America is. Look what they did in Ferguson. Bad example. Try again.

Old 11-23-2015, 11:37 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,423,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
It’s in the September 18, 2001 edition of the WP. You want to quibble over the numbers. Numbers won’t help your case. The fact that it happened matters. Even if there was no record of it, it is believable given all that we have seen in 15 years. Heck, it can happen today.
Actually numbers would help here given that your side has produced NO evidence of mass celebrations in New Jersey following the terror attacks.

Quote:
I hope you read this with an open mind. A fascinating experiment in turning over a US city to Muslim governance.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...eee_story.html
Changing the subject - denied.
Quote:
LA riots? They’ll be anywhere they can showcase how racist America is. Look what they did in Ferguson. Bad example. Try again.
Now you're REALLY not making sense. Are you saying that footage of celebrating Muslims exists but it's being suppressed?

Old 11-24-2015, 12:06 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
This post should end the thread, since no one has been able to produce a single video or news report about these phantom celebrations.
"In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river." Washington Post Archives - Sept 18, 2001

Reporters Serge F. Kovaleski and Fredrick Kunkle

http://www.scribd.com/doc/290767616/...s-Probers-Eyes

Posted by someone who had to pay for the full article to get it out of the Washington Post archives.

All someone has to do is check with the two reporters and check the police records.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:41 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,397,873 times
With lies becoming more outlandish by the day, Donald Trump seems to be going crazy before our very eyes. Trump could start talking about an impending Martian invasion and his supporters still wouldn't have a hint that he's going totally batty.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:14 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
I hope you read this with an open mind. A fascinating experiment in turning over a US city to Muslim governance.

[url]https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/for-the-first-majority-muslim-us-city-residents-tense-about-its-future/2015/11/21/45d0ea96-8a24-11e5-be39-0034bb576eee_story.html[/url]
I already read it before you posted. This article talks about a poor, depressed, blue collar area that was predominantly Polish Catholic immigrants. People who have lived there for generations are nervous about change, which is common in any town where people are uneducated and set in their ways.

I hope you also read it with an open mind. What I'm reading is that Muslim families are trying to settle into the town, raise their families, run their businesses, and build up the economy. I admit I wouldn't like hearing a "call to prayer" early in the morning, but I once lived near a church that rang its bell all night long. I had to buy ear plugs, which didn't help too much.

The town of 22,000, according to the article, has one of the highest poverty rates in the country. I can't see how new residents moving into the area and starting businesses can be a threat. The crime rate is low and, as far as I can tell, the fears of the residents who live there are unfounded and based on their own narrow mindedness.

Last edited by justNancy; 11-24-2015 at 01:26 AM..

Old 11-24-2015, 02:18 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
As a democrat i like Trump for his entertainment value you just have to admire the ease with which he throws out the bs and the righties just lap it up , If this is all the Repubs can come up with for a presidential candidate its going to be Hillary in a landslide.
Thousands of Muslims cheering the 9/11 tragedy in NJ? you'd think with the depth of media coverage of the 9/11 event there would be some video of the event.

Old 11-24-2015, 04:33 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,223,014 times
On 9/11 I was working on the Jersey shore between Red Bank, Sandy Hook, Freehold and Long Branch. I happened to be watching the event in the Sears (TV Section) in the Freehold Mall. For days after I had the ashes, from the fires, falling along the shore from the Hook to Little Silver.

No one was celebrating the fall of those building's. Trump is so full of it. Its sad to watch a group of people fall for his brand of snake oil.

Old 11-24-2015, 05:10 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,952,353 times
If only the naysayers would apply the same scrutiny to whatever comes out of their preferred candidates mouth. Hillary's lies are immense, but never a peep from her supporters.

Old 11-24-2015, 05:13 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,631,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
To answer your questions (1) I was in my 40s in 2001, so, yes, I am old enough to remember 9/11 and much, much more. (2) I live in Florida, but have an apartment and many relatives in NYC, so am well aware of what went on.

I've also worked in tv news, and can tell you for a fact that if what you report having happened is true, as told by Trump, it definitely would have been covered by the news media. We all remember well the images of Palestinians cheering and dancing. Had it happened here, I assure you, it would have been well reported and someone would have video. Nobody in Paterson or Jersey City remembers this at all.

Trump makes 'misstatements' (and that is putting it kindly) all the time about many things, but his followers do not care about facts. That is evident. If he can send a birther squad to look for dirt on Obama in Hawaii, surely his 'investigators' can produce evidence of "thousands of people cheering as the Towers came down." Every reporter in the country was out that day looking for news. Trump said he saw it on tv, so there should be definitive proof.

The guy is simply not all there.

“I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down,” he told a crowd in Birmingham, Ala., on Saturday. “And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down.”

"No news reports exist of people cheering in the streets, and both police officials and the mayor of Jersey City have said that it did not happen. An Internet rumor about people cheering in the streets, which said it was in Paterson, not Jersey City, has been denied numerous times by city and police officials."

“It did happen, I saw it,” Mr. Trump said. “It was on television. I saw it.”

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...ey-on-sept-11/
TRUMP said he had "loads of Evidence" regarding Obama's Birth Certificate and his background that people would not "believe"! Of course after the President produced his Birth Certificate all of a sudden TRUMP no longer had any proof to his bombastic claims!

TRUMP is a "Carnival barker" and his supporters are "fools" born every minute.

Old 11-24-2015, 05:20 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,631,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
If only the naysayers would apply the same scrutiny to whatever comes out of their preferred candidates mouth. Hillary's lies are immense, but never a peep from her supporters.
But this isn't about Hillary is it? Way to deflect!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.