Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2015, 05:49 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,531,386 times

Advertisements

The fact that Trump, for all his outrageous antics, is still leading polls isn't a statement on his outstanding diplomatic skills, but on the state of inside politics in Washington. People are willing to take a chance on a crazy outsider than to trust their futures to the corrupted and greedy politicians chosen by their oligarchical overlords.

Old 11-24-2015, 05:57 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,230,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
The fact that Trump, for all his outrageous antics, is still leading polls isn't a statement on his outstanding diplomatic skills, but on the state of inside politics in Washington. People are willing to take a chance on a crazy outsider than to trust their futures to the corrupted and greedy politicians chosen by their oligarchical overlords.
Yes, this 1000%. Elections have always been about choosing the lesser of two evils. It's pretty embarrassing when someone like Trump is showing all these people up. It goes to show just how much people hate the insider crowd. I don't much care for many of Trump's ideas nor do I share his views on many things, but it is refreshing to see such a scathing indictment of the moneyed interests/de facto aristocracy/puppets in Washington.

Even if he "made it up" about Muslims celebrating, I firmly believe that even if it wasn't caught on camera, there were some celebrating in America even if within the confines of their own homes.

Old 11-24-2015, 05:57 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,955,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
The guy in charge at the time says it never happened.

[url=http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/11/nj_attorney_general_on_911_says_trumps_jersey_city .html#incart_river_home]I was in charge in N.J. on 9/11 and Trump's claims never happened | Opinion | NJ.com[/url]

Well, if this isn't enough proof that Trump fabricated the entire story, I don't know what is..a lie detector?

Old 11-24-2015, 06:14 PM

46,987 posts, read 26,047,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Dane in LA, you're a middle aged man who spews liberal nonsense constantly. Middle aged liberals are the worst with their vitriolic diatribes. It is well known that it happened and certain incidents were captured on camera and reported by networks.
Well, the evidence should be easily produced, then. And no - "it is well known" is still not evidence.

And "vitriolic", really? I am just having a bit of fun.

I really can't help it if your side of the debate runs off in half a dozen contradictory directions. When one guy explains "thousands and thousands" is obviously a figure of speech while another is insisting it's literal truth, why should either one be taken seriously? We even had someone argue that "New Jersey" was open to interpretation.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:24 PM

46,987 posts, read 26,047,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Well, if this isn't enough proof that Trump fabricated the entire story, I don't know what is..a lie detector?
From what I understand, they only work on (a subset of) people who have some sort of working definition of "truth".

Old 11-24-2015, 06:26 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,300,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is a known fact that muslims want to take every site that has any significance to make it a mosque..
In the early days of Islam putting up a mosque was like planting the flag. After every victory they would build a mosque on the site such as they did in Mecca, Jerusalem, and Constantinople. It is done even now. It says we have “arrived”.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Trump alone saw footage of " thousands and thousands celebrating in northern NJ where you have a large population of Arabs".
Yeah, today I said it took me “forever" to drive to work. Do you have to apologize?

Old 11-24-2015, 06:31 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,553,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
trump's campaign manager is claiming it's just a big conspiracy cover-up by the media ( ... and obviously anyone that was in new jersey on 9/11 ).

Trump Campaign Manager Accuses Media of Suppressing Proof of Cheering Muslims on 9/11 | Mediaite
You knew that was coming. He had to say that or he would be FIRED!!!

Old 11-24-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Really? When have we been attacked by refugees or immigrants who settled here during the Obama administration?
Two hours before the attack in Paris, the concert goers could have asked when have been attacked by Belgians of Syrian descent? You want to see blood in the street then act, much like what the Paris and Belgian police are doing. They boast of thousands of arrests and raids. Why didn’t you do it before so people could live? They know exactly where the cesspools are.

BTW, why did you ask me to post a link if you had already read it?

Old 11-24-2015, 06:46 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,546,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
And we've been told the numbers don't matter either.

So - he saw thousands and thousands of cheering Muslims in New Jersey, but it's unfair to hold him to the "thousands" bit - and to the "New Jersey" bit?

What's left - is he sure of the date?
Amazingly, it doesn't even matter to his fan club if he tells bald faced lies, they will comtinue to act as serial enablers.

The Dumbing Down rolls on....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.