Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2015, 07:54 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You can’t let go of the “thousands”, can you? I take it if he had said tens you’d come here and defend him. Come on, we know who you are.

Well, thousands and thousands is a WHOLE lot different from " I saw a handful of people in Jersey celebrating". It doesn't get people as angry and fan the flames of racism like 'thousands and thousands".

Quote:
Last I checked, the Washington Post is part of the media. I am sure you don’t anything about their reporting otherwise you wouldn’t be saying this!
Trump didn't say he read it; he said he SAW it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I think it is the way he talks about everything. Everything is larger than life. Everything is HUGE!, fantastic!, colossal!
He is so used to selling, and I think exaggeration has just become a part of his personality.
What is he selling to his supporters? Incitement to hate? More and more people think so.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:33 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
"Thousands and thousands" is not backed by the Washington Post story. Either Trump is lying, or he's living in his own little private universe.
I suppose if he had said tens and tens you would come out and defend him. The fact that all of you guys are quibbling over numbers but do not question if it happened tells me it DID happen. There are hundreds of tweets from residents who state they saw something similar. So I am supposed to discount eyewitness reports and just look at media reports, which it did appear too.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
ALL Trump did was quote "Accusations of"..and was investigated then proven WRONG on so many levels..

BUT somehow Trumpster says he SAW it escapes common sensical reality.
He was not testifying under oath. Thousands is a figure of speech. If you say it took you forever to fix your car it doesn’t mean forever. It means 3 hours. Besides, given what we have seen come out from Muslim communities, all the killings etc. makes cheering pretty believable and tame.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Trump didn't say he read it; he said he SAW it.
Next time put him under oath. He is the last person to watch what he says. He speak of the cuff and nobody is surprised.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:01 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
I do not doubt an earlier poster who observed a small crowd of people heckling those arriving on a ferry from NY. I have no doubt there may have been small groups in Patterson whooping it up. It probably did not go over well with the substantial Dominican and Puerto Rican population and quickly petered out.

Trump however, insists he SAW "thousands and thousands".

Old 11-25-2015, 09:12 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Nope never happened. And as for what I said:

Trump: 'Many people jumped and I witnessed it' on 9/11
Columbus, Ohio (CNN)Donald Trump said Monday that he witnessed people jumping out of the Twin Towers on 9/11 from the view in his apartment.

"Many people jumped and I witnessed it, I watched that. I have a view -- a view in my apartment that was specifically aimed at the World Trade Center,

Problem is he live Four Miles away from the Trade Center, you boy is a pathological Liar.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:14 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Next time put him under oath. He is the last person to watch what he says. He speak of the cuff and nobody is surprised.
So is a BS'er unless he is under oath. Noted, but not news.

Old 11-25-2015, 10:44 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
If Trump manages to get elected the fact-checking business is going to explode and the workers will be exhausted trying to keep up with the tripe coming out of his mouth. If I thought it was an outright lie, I'd think it was just another in a long line of his ploys to keep himself in the headlines. But in reality he may actually believe his own tripe, having built a false memory of "thousands and thousands of people" celebrating (in his mind) in New Jersey when i fact it was people in a video coming from overseas. Either way, he would be dangerous if he had the power of the presidency behind him. Wake up people! He isn't fit for public office.
He won't be nominated IMHO. He has been relying on poll numbers and rallies, but he needs the support of the party. The Republicans don't want Trump in the race and the ads against him are getting dirtier. Will they work? Maybe, maybe not. This is just the beginning, however. Nobody has really challenged Trump so far, either because they thought he'd fade away or it was too early. We'll know soon enough.

[youtube]4TATnH9bhLg[/youtube]
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TATnH9bhLg&feature=youtu.be[/url]

Old 11-25-2015, 10:57 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,208,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post

Problem is he live Four Miles away from the Trade Center, you boy is a pathological Liar.
Or, alternatively:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post

[The] problem is he lives four miles away from the Trade Center. Your boy is a pathological Liar.

Old 11-26-2015, 01:25 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
I was in Brooklyn on 9/11 and while I was not out on the streets (I was unemployed at the time and stayed at home most of the day to watch it all on TV like everyone else) I did hear on local radio and also later from friends/relatives/neighbors that witnessed fights breaking out in other parts of the city because some white people got upset at other people celebrating the destruction. For some reason, Bay Ridge sticks out in my mind so maybe that was the neighborhood (in Brooklyn) that had the most incidents. If this happened in Bay Ridge Brooklyn, I don't see why it couldn't have happened in Jersey City.

BTW, you won't find coverage of this stuff in the media because these minor arguments and scuffles (people yelling at each other for example) were extremely localized and not likely to have reporters around to document it.

In other words, yes there were people right here in the US that were celebrating the 9/11 attacks.

Interesting description. "some white people got upset at other people.."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.