Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2015, 07:01 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,372,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You will wait a long time for proof of yet another one of Trump's dangerous exaggerations. His ability to swallow conspiracy theories and misinformation without question makes him a very dangerous person should he become president.
Oh, I'll take Trump's occasional exaggerations over Hillary's real-life blunders as SoS. Between Hillary and Obama the hell in the ME has spread into Europe and quite possibly the US. And you call Trump dangerous...who are you kidding?

Old 11-23-2015, 07:32 AM

13,734 posts, read 9,076,875 times
I know that many will ignore this 'source', but here it is:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-sunday-shows/

From yesterday.

I certainly do not recall the New Jersey Muslims acting in the manner attributed by The Marchioness. Note that the rumor apparently was helped to spread by Howard Stern, and that The Marchioness Trump was a frequent guest on the show (and, so he said, a listener).

Old 11-23-2015, 08:06 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,174,212 times
Mr. Trump should stop doubling and tripling down on this claim - it is soooo easily disproved by going through the archived TV footages and contemporaneous media accounts. I don't recall reading about the event that he describes, though I do recall the Israelis-on-the-rooftop-celebrating story.

I have no doubt that Mr. Trump sincerely thinks that he saw such a celebration. But clearly he is wrong. He should just admit that he may have misremembered, doesn't even have to apologize. No big deal. But he is not capable of that.

Mick

Old 11-23-2015, 11:17 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,641,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Mr. Trump should stop doubling and tripling down on this claim - it is soooo easily disproved by going through the archived TV footages and contemporaneous media accounts. I don't recall reading about the event that he describes, though I do recall the Israelis-on-the-rooftop-celebrating story.

I have no doubt that Mr. Trump sincerely thinks that he saw such a celebration. But clearly he is wrong. He should just admit that he may have misremembered, doesn't even have to apologize. No big deal. But he is not capable of that.

Mick
He just doesn't CARE. He knows he can make up anything he wants and his supporters will buy it hook, line and sinker. Why should he care?

He continues to spew dangerous rhetoric.

I'm curious as to what the governor of NJ has to say on this matter.

Old 11-23-2015, 11:24 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,250,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Unless Trump thinks Gaza is in Jersey, I think he's full of ****. If thousands in Jersey had cheered the 9-11 attacks, they would have to have instituted martial law there to keep other people from killing them.
Trump's the "high information" candidate for all the "high information" voters in the GOP. Garfield, Gaza, Glassboro, Gloucestr, Greentree, Guttenberg ... They all begin with "G", so close enough.

Old 11-23-2015, 11:50 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,806,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Exactly my point. Even the worst leaders can show compassion during times of conflict. I haven't seen anything but hubris and theatrical drama from Trump. Remember, we're not voting for "best reality show"
But that is just your opinion. Others feel differently.

Old 11-23-2015, 11:52 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,806,429 times
Quote:

Do you hold Obama to same standard? There are endless archived TV footages of where Obama promised things and where he did exactly the opposite.

If not, then it's just partisan bellyaching about Trump.

Old 11-23-2015, 11:54 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,489,040 times
Here's a question (and excuse me if it's 205): is there any record of Trump having mentioned these mass 'celebrations' back in 2001, when they allegedly happened?

Old 11-23-2015, 12:32 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,237,377 times
Quote:

Mick
1000s and 1000s are a Hell of a lot of people. I am sure there may have been a few but not like he is thinking he saw. Let's face it, we are all sitting on pins and needles to see what he will tell us next week.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:53 PM

25,231 posts, read 17,002,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Kind of like you people and your boss, obambo.
And You
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections