Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 08:39 PM

15,822 posts, read 12,523,324 times

Advertisements

If Trump runs as an Independent - he splits the vote and Hillary wins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 09:26 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,678,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
you know that's bogus Bull. Ludicrous!! My sapient sense tells me anytime someone mentions "spilt the vote" garbage scenario, it means they are Fearful that Trump has gained ENOUGH Support, Independent of any political Party, that he can be elected as a Independent !!

Polls are reflecting this time, this Presidential race is not about "R's" or "D's".....Only about the Best choice. Bout time !!

Old 11-22-2015, 11:25 PM

8,674 posts, read 11,114,971 times
I think if the republican party gangs up to defeat him, not only will he run as an independent, but will take all those republican votes with him, insuring a win for the first independent president.
Looking at all the polls, republicans want trump, and if the party bosses get out of hand, you can bet the republican voters will be heard at the voting box, by voting for Trump as an independent candidate.

Going against such an established candidate would be suicide for the republicans.
I don't believe they would be that stupid.

Bob.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:51 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,467,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
Donald Trump Isn

Go, Donald, go!!!
Apparently, he see's the writing on the wall. Calls for DETAILS and further scrutiny are going to sink the Donald, and he's delusional if he thinks an Independent candidacy is going to help him avoid the scrutiny.

Trump will not be a factor in the end. His sideshow has been entertaining, but the problems of this society and the world, are far over the head of this trashy blowhard.

Old 11-23-2015, 03:49 AM

325 posts, read 257,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Not necessarily. Trump has a dedicated group of hardcore supporters who will follow him no matter what, and plenty of money. If the King is the Dem nominee, many voters who support Bernie will not support her, and some of that support will run to Trump, some to Jill Stein of the Greens, some will write in Bernie, and many will just not vote.
It is quite possible that for the first time ever, Trump could pull just enough delegates so that NO candidate reaches a 270 majority in the electoral college. And with the Republican controlled House and Senate, that means a Republican victory.

Old 11-23-2015, 04:44 AM

20,143 posts, read 16,284,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
you know that's bogus Bull. Ludicrous!! My sapient sense tells me anytime someone mentions "spilt the vote" garbage scenario, it means they are Fearful that Trump has gained ENOUGH Support, Independent of any political Party, that he can be elected as a Independent !!

Polls are reflecting this time, this Presidential race is not about "R's" or "D's".....Only about the Best choice. Bout time !!
Really now? That is not what history tells us.
2000: Ralph Nader helped elect George W. Bush (R)
1992: Ross Perot helped elect Bill Clinton (D)
1968: George Wallace helped elect Richard Nixon (R)
1912: Teddy Roosevelt helped elect Woodrow Wilson (R)
1892: James B. Weaver helped elect Grover Cleveland (D)
1884: John St. John helped elect Grover Cleveland (That's right, twice.)
1876: Peter Cooper helped elect Rutherford B. Hayes (Whig)
1848: Martin van Buren helped elect Zachary Taylor (Whig)
1844: John Birney helped elect James Knox Polk (D)
Trump cannot win as an independent. He can, though, hand Hillary Clinton the election. I am not the only one who would vote for Donald Duck over Donald Trump, but I am sure there are people that will happily vote for him. It will be a small minority, but enough that it will put 2016 in the elections impacted by a third party candidate category.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 11-23-2015 at 04:55 AM..

Old 11-23-2015, 04:49 AM

20,143 posts, read 16,284,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Apparently, he see's the writing on the wall. Calls for DETAILS and further scrutiny are going to sink the Donald, and he's delusional if he thinks an Independent candidacy is going to help him avoid the scrutiny.

Trump will not be a factor in the end. His sideshow has been entertaining, but the problems of this society and the world, are far over the head of this trashy blowhard.
I never thought I'd see the day that we would agree on something that had to do with politics. However, I think he will be a factor if he runs Independent unless it is a runaway election.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:45 AM

9,921 posts, read 7,798,423 times
Wouldn't that give Hillary the win unless Bernie goes independent.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:55 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,678,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Really now? That is not what history tells us.
2000: Ralph Nader helped elect George W. Bush (R)
1992: Ross Perot helped elect Bill Clinton (D)
1968: George Wallace helped elect Richard Nixon (R)
1912: Teddy Roosevelt helped elect Woodrow Wilson (R)
1892: James B. Weaver helped elect Grover Cleveland (D)
1884: John St. John helped elect Grover Cleveland (That's right, twice.)
1876: Peter Cooper helped elect Rutherford B. Hayes (Whig)
1848: Martin van Buren helped elect Zachary Taylor (Whig)
1844: John Birney helped elect James Knox Polk (D)
Trump cannot win as an independent. He can, though, hand Hillary Clinton the election. I am not the only one who would vote for Donald Duck over Donald Trump, but I am sure there are people that will happily vote for him. It will be a small minority, but enough that it will put 2016 in the elections impacted by a third party candidate category.
Really?!! NOT !! Trump's appeal Laughs at History !! History never saw a candidate gain popularity when any candidate is soooooo Politically InCorrect.

Trump is changing Traditional "History" ....guarantee you, Trump WILL Crush Illary, as a 'R' or an 'I' !!

Old 11-23-2015, 07:56 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,177,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post

Back in the fold AGAIN, eh? Good to see ya.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections