Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 02:46 PM

47,108 posts, read 26,237,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I keep waiting for the national outrage:
The retweet came two days after a half-dozen white attendees at a Trump rally shoved, tackled, punched and kicked a black protester who disrupted the business mogul’s speech.

“Maybe he should have been roughed up because it was absolutely disgusting what he was doing,” Trump said Sunday morning on Fox News, less than 24 hours after his campaign said it “does not condone” the physical altercation.
It is amazing that the man has some stereotyping and bigotry issues, to put it mildly, and says these things with apparent impunity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It's just just impunity; he is celebrated amongst his admirers for saying and doing those very things.
They love it.
Does his Made-in-China merchandise include shirts - perhaps shirts in a lovely brown color?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 02:59 PM

22,596 posts, read 12,168,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
You mean the left leaning FBI?
Expanded Homicide Data
No, I wasn't referring to the FBI. I was referring to online sites that were left leaning. When I googled, I focused on who was talking about the Trump tweet.

That said, good to see the FBI link.

Old 11-23-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
He's a "white supremacist"? What proof do you have of this?
Trump may not be one, but the source of the graphic is a tweet account that has this charming blurb: "Should have listened to the Austrian chap with the little moustache."

We Found Where Donald Trump's "Black Crimes" Graphic Came From - Little Green Footballs

Isn't that nice?

Old 11-23-2015, 04:26 PM

26,239 posts, read 22,408,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
They must be slow learners because their support of Obama in 2012 was over 90% for blacks, over 85% for Muslims, over 70% for Hispanics and Asians. Shockingly, these figures are more or less the same as what Kerry and Gore got. Where is this alleged trend, again?

Mick
Since the Democrats and Rubio support amnesty which will hurt blacks the most, there are blacks trying to and getting the word out on Trump and his stand on illegal immigration and jobs. I just looked at a YouTube by Diamond and Silk and they had a youtube posted on 20 Nov 15 and it has had almost 9,000 hits already and there is almost a black man doing videos and his website is called "Whatever happened to commonsense" and he sure isn't talking about electing another Democrat. There will be legal Hispanics that support Trump, some Asians, maybe all of them and a fair share of Democrats that are emptied handed right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No. The Republican party is in trouble if Trump is their nominee.

What minority and I'm not limiting this to blacks ~ is going to vote for the Fuhrer?

He might need a vote or two from someone other than the 50+ white crowd.

I don't know. Just maybe.
We have been through this before and Trump is well represented among minorities. You can "google" just as easily as I can or go back and look at one of hundreds of threads about the same subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
The main point is that blacks are not responsible for 81% of white homicides. Whether it's Hispanic or Non-Hispanic White is irrelevant.

Trump's tweet is wrong no matter how you slice it.

She'd get 99.99 of the AA vote in a hypothetical matchup with Clown Trump. You can rest assured of that now.

Is that what you got out of that tweet? That 97% of blacks are killers? Trumps fans can't even read phony statistics correctly.
No, she would not get 99.99 in AA vote against Trump. You're selling blacks short in thinking that. And, if that is true, she still loses: http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ing-everybody/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
No, I wasn't referring to the FBI. I was referring to online sites that were left leaning. When I googled, I focused on who was talking about the Trump tweet.

That said, good to see the FBI link.
I know what you are talking about. Other than the FBI link, everything I found was the liberal rags which I don't waste my time with. It took me awhile to figure out to stay clear of them after doing my own research.

There is still no word on the inaccuracy from the Trump campaign. He made a mistake or misread something.

http://thehill.com/homenews/presiden...k-murder-rates

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 11-23-2015 at 04:36 PM..

Old 11-23-2015, 04:40 PM

22,632 posts, read 15,017,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
They must be slow learners because their support of Obama in 2012 was over 90% for blacks, over 85% for Muslims, over 70% for Hispanics and Asians. Shockingly, these figures are more or less the same as what Kerry and Gore got. Where is this alleged trend, again?

Mick
Mick, I understand that the single biggest block of voters for Obama in 2012 was Asian-Americans. They're a pretty affluent group.

Old 11-23-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
There is still no word on the inaccuracy from the Trump campaign.
Some say "Inaccuracy", some say "C&P from blatant Neo-nazi twitter account" - po-ta-to, po-tah-to, am I right?

Old 11-23-2015, 04:55 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,346,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jags247 View Post
that and the bureau san francisco doesn't even exist. Doesn't matter to Trump supporters though, they will make up some excuse for him.
This only serves to reinforce my belief that Trump cannot get elected. Realistically, a certain amount of people are willing to suspend belief in reality and swallow things that simply are not true because they love Trump (ironically, they are probably those calling others 'bots').

But it is becoming more and more evident that the guy makes things up, quotes nonexistent facts and over-exaggerates big time. There is simply no way he could get over 50% of the country to follow him down the lie-ridden path. Just goes to the old adage--you can fool some of the people all of the time...

I have faith that more Americans care about someone who is realistic and credible (not just tells the truth as he sees it). The only supporters he is gaining are the ones who drop off out of the Carson train (who at least admitted he saw the Palestinians cheering and not the Patersonians). He won't gain new supporters with additional lies designed to scare people.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
... There is simply no way he could get over 50% of the country to follow him down the lie-ridden path. Just goes to the old adage--you can fool some of the people all of the time...
He won't gain new supporters with additional lies designed to scare people.
I hope to God you're right, Because from where I'm sitting, the year 1932 is beginning to take on quite the significance.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:14 PM

15,698 posts, read 10,494,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I hope to God you're right, Because from where I'm sitting, the year 1932 is beginning to take on quite the significance.
More like Orwell's 1984, perhaps? I'm no Trump supporter, but there is a significant backlash against Obama's "fundamentally transforming the United States of America" whether some want to admit it or not.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:16 PM

42,836 posts, read 26,594,886 times
Default Trump tweets fake crime stats ripped from a neo-nazi tweet

It seems that the Donald has done it again, he tweeted some crime stats that he ripped from the tweet of a guy who goes by the name of "Non-dildod goyim"
whose bio contains the symbol of the neo-nazi "german faith movement"

Politifact got hold of it and promptly ripped it to shreds:

The tweet has an image with the following stats:
The image shows a masked, dark-skinned man with a handgun and a set of points, ostensibly about deaths in 2015 (odd since no crime stats have been released for 2015)
"Blacks killed by whites -- 2%"
"Blacks killed by police -- 1%"
"Whites killed by police -- 3%"
"Whites killed by whites -- 16%"
"Whites killed by blacks -- 81%"
"Blacks killed by blacks -- 97%’
The image cites the "Crime Statistics Bureau - San Francisco"

Here's the real data from the FBI for 2014
Interracial homicides

"Blacks killed by whites"---8%
"Blacks killed by blacks"---90%
"Whites killed by whites"--82%
"Whites killed by blacks"---5%.

(a discussion of deaths involving police is on the Politifact link)

oops
Original Tweet

Image from Trump's tweet

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections