Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 05:39 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,460,446 times

Advertisements

He says Ben Carson's not The One.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ied-presidency
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 06:48 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,873,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Too bad he did not feel confident enough in any of the others to endorse one, gotta keep the door open eh

Old 11-23-2015, 06:59 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,041,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Too bad he did not feel confident enough in any of the others to endorse one, gotta keep the door open eh
Well Limbaugh doesn't want to offend any of the GOP candidates that he will have to be giving lapdances to in the near future.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:13 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,159,561 times
If you listened to him for any length of time you would know Trump is his man. He has been waiting for someone to stand up to the media for a long time. I knew he would not pass up the chance to support Trump.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
If you listened to him for any length of time you would know Trump is his man. He has been waiting for someone to stand up to the media for a long time. I knew he would not pass up the chance to support Trump.
Rush is part of the media, you know that, right?

Old 11-23-2015, 11:10 PM

20,103 posts, read 16,053,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Are you kidding me? His show is now practically one big Donald Trump ad.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Are you kidding me? His show is now practically one big Donald Trump ad.
My bad. I used to listen to him regularly but got tired of the same old rehashed nonsense. The guy is an entertainer, just like so many other talking heads out there, and the reality is they have zero impact on anyone's POV because the vast majority that waste time listening or watching any of them are already Big Fans and only listen to hear their own POV reaffirmed because they believe falsely that it make it valid.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:43 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,750,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
He says Ben Carson's not The One.
Like a stopped clock, Limbaugh is occasionally right.

But most of the time he serves up the likes of this:

Everything -- Except the Polls -- Points to a Romney Landslide - The Rush Limbaugh Show

It's an entertaining read. Somehow, on the eve of the 2012 election he concluded that everything but the polls points to a Romney landslide. Then he determined that the polls - which, aggregated, showed a narrow Obama popular vote win but a more certain Electoral College win - were biased in favor of the President.

In the real world, of course, the polls were biased in favor of Romney - Obama's final margin of victory was about 3% higher than what the aggregated polls suggested. And - also in the real world - most of the indicators pointed to an Obama victory (not a Romney landslide), which is why the non-partisan modelers and the betting markets predicted an Obama win. More than a few of them, such as 538 and the Princeton consortium, even nailed the 332-206 Electoral College margin exactly.

In a way, it'll be sad when Limbaugh is gone. The way his perpetually wrong spoutings set up the usual suspects to smacked upside the head by reality on a regular basis is highly entertaining!

[He's right about Carson, of course. Like I said, broken clocks are sometimes not wrong.]

Old 11-24-2015, 06:57 AM

39,008 posts, read 27,392,311 times
well, you might say Jon Stewart is more a news polemicist and Rush Limbaugh a comedian, they are both *talk show hosts* who artfully skip from one role to the other. They are both very good at what they do, as evidenced by their massive audiences.

I listen to Rush occasionally for entertainment purpose only. I even called in once and he has been nice. lol
I don't think his opinion really matters in term of changing minds because his audiences (most of them) agree with him anyway.

Do I think Carson is the one? No, I don't. So I agree with Rush on this one. Do I think Rush's opinion really matters? no.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:59 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,436,821 times
Fascinating those who listen to Rush Limbaugh.

I always say, it's not a person's words, is their actions that speak about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections