Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 07:30 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,671,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
This is about voter turnout for the general election.

"No matter what party affiliation you consider, Trump brings them out. Republicans, Democrats and independents are all most likely to show up if Trump is on the ballot. (In our analysis, we assumed a constant variable: the Democrats nominating Hillary Clinton.) Not only do they show up to vote, but they vote for Trump. He's got the highest percentage of voters — across both parties and independents. The other candidates cause more of a snooze response from the public. Among the Republicans surveyed, Kasich caused the lowest voter turnout. But Ben Carson, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, and Carly Fiorina all saw lower voter turnouts compared with Trump."

Voters would show up if Trump is on 2016 ballot

Survey done Nov. 18, 2,026 adult Americans, +/- 3.5% margin of error conducted by Fluent.

There is a graph. I do not know why Ted Cruz is not included.

There is a suggestion in the article by Fluent, who conducted the survey, about what the candidates should do. The exact same article on the CNBC website is on the Fluent website, verbatim.
When there is actually a choice other than Progressive, the silent majority has someone not to be silent about anymore.

The lesser of 2 evils, has always kept voting numbers lower than those registered to vote.
No one with a conscious, will vote for Evil. No matter what letter they have by their name.
They become the Silent Majority.

Looks like this time around, the 3 front runners in the Republican nomination, have what it takes to get the silent majority to the polls. They are not the Progressive Establishment chosen one(Jeb Bush and now turning to Marco Rubio, since Jeb is all but burried)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 07:38 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
I'd like to ask whether you think Hillary will have a turnout problem with the groups that supported Obama. Earlier this year I said that if the general election was Hillary versus Bush it would be the Battle of Low Voter Turnout, that is, the least amount of people voting ever and just a matter of who has the smaller amount of turnout. Well, pretty sure no Bush but I don't see her inspiring people to get up off the sofa to vote for her and it's not that the people don't like her, it's just voter apathy about voting.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:41 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
To vote against him.
I don't believe that. Lazy people don't bother to vote but mad people will vote.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:57 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,830,564 times
Quote:
I'd like to ask whether you think Hillary will have a turnout problem with the groups that supported Obama. Earlier this year I said that if the general election was Hillary versus Bush it would be the Battle of Low Voter Turnout, that is, the least amount of people voting ever and just a matter of who has the smaller amount of turnout. Well, pretty sure no Bush but I don't see her inspiring people to get up off the sofa to vote for her and it's not that the people don't like her, it's just voter apathy about voting.
I have been saying for 6 months that Hillary will have turnout problems. She will not see the same turn out in the black and under 35 segments of the population that turned out for Obama.

Obama got the vote out better than any president in recent history. Hillary is not anywhere close to the type of inspirational leader Obama was. Why some think voters will turn out for someone being criminaly investigated by the FBI is beyond me.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:00 AM

1,676 posts, read 946,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
To vote against him.
That, and to vote for him. He's a unique candidate in that way.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:03 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,952,501 times
Quote:
I don't believe that. Lazy people don't bother to vote but mad people will vote.
True and Trump makes people on both sides mad as heck with his BS, yes he is a unifier in his own "special" way.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:04 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,952,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
That, and to vote for him. He's a unique candidate in that way.
You will be disappoint in the percentage of those voting for the Donald.

Old 11-25-2015, 12:07 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,113,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
I agree with the poll. Trump will bring out voters in droves.
Oh yeah, they will show up in droves to vote against Trump.

Seriously, why are so many supposed conservatives so intent on handing Hillary Clinton the keys to the White House on a silver platter?

Old 11-25-2015, 12:09 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,830,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvap21 View Post
Agreed, but I don't see anyone really going out to vote for anyone the GOP is putting up, outside of Trump, and many of those votes will go to Clinton.
The GOP generally goes out and votes no matter the candidate.

Regular voting moderates will also still vote and away towards the GOP.

Old 11-25-2015, 12:31 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,843,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The GOP generally goes out and votes no matter the candidate.

Regular voting moderates will also still vote and away towards the GOP.

Not really, the last two election cycles have seen a drop in GOP voters. Mostly in protest to the establishment candidates. Party people could be pushed into voting against Obama instead of for the last two candidates, but I don't believe that the threat of Hilary or Bernie will have the same impact. If the nominee is Bush or Huckabee or possibly Trump, you will not see a solid showing for republicans. IMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections