Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2015, 10:15 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,255,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Telling someone not to use a disability as an excuse is a conservative thing. A perfect comparison between the way liberals see disabilities and conservatives see them, for example:

An individual that is paralyzed from the waist down:

Conservative:

It will not stop me from being successful. I will not accept people treating me different than my fellows. It will not stop me from contributing to society. It will not stop me from being happy. I will perform in jobs that fit my situation and perform at my best. I will be self supporting.

Liberal:

I cannot do anything. Because of my situation the government should take care of me, they owe me that because I am different. I should have someone to take care of me. Someone that is sympathetic to my cause. I will rail against a broke and unjust system that does not treat me special. I will tell anyone who will listen about the grave injustice laid upon me by my fellows. I will wallo in self pity all the days of my life.

That is the clear difference. It's not the disability, or anything else in life, it's how we react and how we deal with it,
The individual that Trump tried to embarrass gets up every morning and goes to work, and he is good enough at his job that he worked for the NY Daily News and now the NYT. Quite an accomplishment, from where I'm standing.

Trump would be working a fry basket somewhere if it hadn't been for his daddy's money. His net worth, BTW, is disputed by Forbes. They say he is only worth @ $200 million - just about what he inherited. Better than W's track record with daddy's money, but still nothing to write home about.

If you react to it by insulting a disabled person, you have gone about as low as a human can go.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:16 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,379,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsnow View Post
VERY desperate & VERY scared of Trump. NOTHING will stop Trump & that makes the left seethe w/ anger & desperately cling to retarded stories like these that mean absolutely nothing.
I see what you did there.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:23 AM

26,579 posts, read 14,476,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Title of thread should be "New York Times reporter confirms Trump wasn't lying about New Jersey Muslims celebrating.....
the NYT article didn't confirm trumps claim and contradicts his statement that "thousands and thousands" of muslims were televised celebrating in new jersey.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:25 AM

73,081 posts, read 62,717,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
And O'Reilly is the one who looks stupid each time he does. Like Trump should follow advice to be more like the candidates at 5% in the polls. Now THAT would be stupid.

O'Reilly needs to tend to his own lapses into stupidity. Because they keep recurring....and I keep turning off his show.
How does he look stupid calling Trump out on a lie that Trump told?

And the polls don't tell the whole story.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:27 AM

4,513 posts, read 5,064,557 times
It's OK for the A--holes on SNL to make fun of anyone but when Trump does something, it's wrong. PC's double standard.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:28 AM

I do not get what is admirable about behaving buffoonish, and making petulant, and in some cases, fallacious comments. I do not get the appeal of spouting out whatever comes to mind and not thinking things through.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:30 AM

26,579 posts, read 14,476,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Compare the Trump video clip to this comment by a true, I don't think that word will pass the profanity filter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E-EdGul8nI

Trump Denies Mocking New York Times Reporter With Physical Disability | KTLA
here was obama's response:

Obama Apologizes for Calling His Bad Bowling 'Like the Special Olympics' - ABC News

and here is trump's response, continuing to insult serge kovalski:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Old 11-27-2015, 10:33 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,238,014 times
So Obama apologizes for saying what he says about the special Olympics, but doesn't apologize for lying about the ACA, which has a profoundly more devastating effect? LOL okay! Priorities.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:34 AM

47,000 posts, read 26,056,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Telling someone not to use a disability as an excuse is a conservative thing. A perfect comparison between the way liberals see disabilities and conservatives see them, for example:

An individual that is paralyzed from the waist down:

Conservative:

It will not stop me from being successful. I will not accept people treating me different than my fellows. It will not stop me from contributing to society. It will not stop me from being happy. I will perform in jobs that fit my situation and perform at my best. I will be self supporting.

Liberal:

I cannot do anything. Because of my situation the government should take care of me, they owe me that because I am different. I should have someone to take care of me. Someone that is sympathetic to my cause. I will rail against a broke and unjust system that does not treat me special. I will tell anyone who will listen about the grave injustice laid upon me by my fellows. I will wallo in self pity all the days of my life.

That is the clear difference. It's not the disability, or anything else in life, it's how we react and how we deal with it,
Not sure what your contribution is intended to convey, but for the record, Kovaleski has a disability. He also has a Pulitzer. And the person bringing up the disability wasn't him.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Not sure what your contribution is intended to convey, but for the record, Kovaleski has a disability. He also has a Pulitzer. And the person bringing up the disability wasn't him.
And the person who brought up his disability wasn't a liberal either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.