Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2015, 12:30 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,099,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
If what you say were true which it isn't why do so many lottery winners go broke ?

In fact many people's lives became notably worse after they got super rich, and they managed to lose it all in no time.

Lottery Winners Who Blew It All - Business Insider
And many don't. Again, there's no way to extrapolate from that that Trump would have been able to make it to the success he has achieved if he started with nothing, like the majority of us do. Not only was he handed great wealth, but all of the connections that come with it. It makes it much easier to be successful when you have those two things to start off with.

Old 11-27-2015, 12:31 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,526,293 times
I think what we're seeing from the lefties and rinos is what's called 'grasping at straws'. It makes them feel better by putting down Trump but it's not going to make any difference whatsoever. Remember, these were the people who brought us obambo and now want Cankles. Their opinion about Trump matters to no one but themselves. Considering they're already in the tank for one of the most vile politicians to ever make it to national prominence - Cankles Clinkton, what they say simply doesn't matter. If Trump gets the nomination, he wins in a landslide not seen since Reagan.

Old 11-27-2015, 12:38 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,127,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfire600 View Post
telling someone not to use a disability as an excuse is a conservative thing. A perfect comparison between the way liberals see disabilities and conservatives see them, for example:

An individual that is paralyzed from the waist down:

Conservative:

It will not stop me from being successful. I will not accept people treating me different than my fellows. It will not stop me from contributing to society. It will not stop me from being happy. I will perform in jobs that fit my situation and perform at my best. I will be self supporting.

Liberal:

I cannot do anything. Because of my situation the government should take care of me, they owe me that because i am different. I should have someone to take care of me. Someone that is sympathetic to my cause. I will rail against a broke and unjust system that does not treat me special. I will tell anyone who will listen about the grave injustice laid upon me by my fellows. I will wallo in self pity all the days of my life.

That is the clear difference. It's not the disability, or anything else in life, it's how we react and how we deal with it,

excellent analogy!!!

Old 11-27-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
I love that Trump makes the left and rinos crazy. I love the poutrage in this thread. I love that Trump will likely be our next president and will make you all crazy even more.

Most of you get it, a few of you are so wound up you may stroke out long before next November.
So True!!! We had to put up with 8 years of Obama, you libs will just have to put up with 4 possibly 8 years of Trump....Maybe you will learn something about how the country SHOULD be run...

Old 11-27-2015, 12:48 PM

73,103 posts, read 62,755,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
So True!!! We had to put up with 8 years of Obama, you libs will just have to put up with 4 possibly 8 years of Trump....Maybe you will learn something about how the country SHOULD be run...
And how do you know Trump will do that? If leading by example is a factor, Trump would do a horrible job. Anyone who would tweet a lie will do dishonest things in office.

BTW, we survived Bush for 8 years.

Old 11-27-2015, 12:54 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,557,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
We have no way of knowing the bold is true, because Trump didn't have to start from scratch, with no inherited wealth and all of the doors that opens. His "success" was built upon a platform that someone else assembled and handed to him.

He is the classic example of someone who started on third base and truly believes he hit a triple to get there. If he had been an unknown with no money and no connections to begin with, would he be the multimillionaire he is today? Who knows.
Absolutely spot on.

Old 11-27-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
We have no way of knowing the bold is true, because Trump didn't have to start from scratch, with no inherited wealth and all of the doors that opens. His "success" was built upon a platform that someone else assembled and handed to him.

He is the classic example of someone who started on third base and truly believes he hit a triple to get there. If he had been an unknown with no money and no connections to begin with, would he be the multimillionaire he is today? Who knows.
And then on top of that, he filed for bankruptcy several times. He was given the business and nearly blew it several times. Anyone who would handle things like that, I don't trust said person to run this country.

Old 11-27-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And how do you know Trump will do that? If leading by example is a factor, Trump would do a horrible job. Anyone who would tweet a lie will do dishonest things in office.

BTW, we survived Bush for 8 years.

And Clinton for 8 years so it is OUR turn!!!

Old 11-27-2015, 01:04 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,928,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
But he is not Jerry Lewis, today one has to be careful not to offend minorities of any kind. That is just the way it is, and someone trying to get elected should be aware of that.
Decades ago people did and said a lot of things that one would not get away with anymore these days.
Anglo white males ARE a "minority", too.

Old 11-27-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
And Clinton for 8 years so it is OUR turn!!!
Reagan/Bush for 12 years.

Now lets just go with this. Trump has shown how petulant he can be. He showed this by his insults towards POW's. He showed this with his bigoted tweet that was later proof to be a fallacious statement derived from a Nazi site. He showed his true colors by bullying people he encounters. What does it tell me. It tells me that if he's in office, he might come up with policies that would be discriminatory. Anyone who would openly say stupid things would do stupid things in office. I have no reason to trust Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections