Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 01:56 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,528,417 times

Advertisements

We've made up our minds about people like you folks too. I think your description of Trump sounds much more fitting for your boy, obambo.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:56 PM

5,350 posts, read 4,453,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
I don't and, as a moderator of this site, you comparing Trump and his supporters to Hitler and the Nazi party is more than disturbing.
Moderators are free to have opinions and post them if they wish. Just because you may not agree with another member's views there is no reason to deny them the same right that you have. They are, after all, members of City Data too.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:57 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,271,439 times
Quote:
I don't and, as a moderator of this site, you comparing Trump and his supporters to Hitler and the Nazi party is more than disturbing.

HATERS ARE GOING TO HATE! No matter the logic in their faces.

Old 11-30-2015, 02:07 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,271,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I like both Colonel Thomas Moe and John Kasich.

I think Colonel Thomas Moe cares about American POWS More than any politicians, John Kasich is a classy man who is also a decent politician. He is able to take the state of Ohio from an $8 billion hole … to a $2 billion surplus. Let's face it, that is very impressive.

This being said, I don't think Donald Trump wanted to roundup all Mexican immigrants, it is the illegals he would like to deport, and we all know that illegals are not just limited to Mexicans.

I am not sure if I would vote for Donald eventually, but I don't really mind that he can get a little bit obnoxious at times. It is not like he is boyfriend material. Doesn't have to be charming, sexy, or even nice.

Plus, I have learned from very young age that nobody is going to really "help" you out and you really have to rely on yourself. People are getting paranoid, talking about fear. No one is going to the internment camp, it is year 2015 for crying out loud.

Like it or not, admit it or not, The U.S. is the world leader and likely to remain there for decades. It has the greatest soft power in the world by far. The United States still receives far more immigrants each year (1 million) than any other country in the world. The United States leads the world in high technology, (well, at least the top 3) finance and business (Wall Street), the movies (Hollywood) and higher education. The United States has a First World trade profile (massive exports of consumer and technology goods and imports of natural resources).

As the old political saying goes, you can’t beat someone with no one. And, right now, there is no one on the horizon that will overtake or even seriously challenge the United States, however ailing, for at least the next decade or two.

In another word, America is still the prime example of Democracy. The world is still watching. America is still powerful. If we put Muslims in internment camp again, what would the world see us? If we roundup all Mexican immigrants, what would the world see us?

He (trump) will not do any of the above. So I don't worry about it.

He will secure the border (and this is really not that hard to do) He most likely won't be bought by special interest groups. (This is always a plus) He is not my top guy, but no one is. All these career well spoken politicians have run the show for a long time, and this country is not heading the right direction. Maybe it is time to take some risks. What is the big deal stuck with Trump for four years?

I've read that Donald Trump Perfectly Mirrors Hitler's Rise To Power, I don't think I can really agree. A Totalitarian state is one in which the leader, in this case Adolf Hitler, has total control of the Government and the people. In practice the term is often is used to describe a political situation where a small group of people, or one organisation, has total authority over a nation.

In Hitler's Germany there were many characteristics of a Totalitarian state. The Government ran and censored the media. All forms of communication were liable to interference from above and could, and were, heavily censored. This removes freedom of speech, therefore enabling the government to influence popular opinion via propaganda and false news messages.

I highly doubt a Totalitarian state can really exist in modern society. Even the red communist china is not necessarily a 100% totalitarian state. After all, we do live in a global world. Donald Trump is not that powerful to form a totalitarian state.

Yes this is 2015. So many in Germany thought the same thing before the war.

No one is going to the internment camp, it is year 2015 for crying out loud.

This is one of the reasons i think the "Jewish people say never again"!

Old 11-30-2015, 04:11 PM

39,340 posts, read 27,726,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Yes this is 2015. So many in Germany thought the same thing before the war.

No one is going to the internment camp, it is year 2015 for crying out loud.

This is one of the reasons i think the "Jewish people say never again"!
and trump wiill not put anybody in internment camp relax.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:12 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,454,368 times
I don't see gas chambers and crematoriums on the horizon if Trump gets elected. I don't see America invading and occupying 20 other countries if Trump gets elected. I don't see Gestapo torture chambers happening if Trump gets elected.

To put Trump in perspective, he says things that were acceptable to say in the 1940s and 1950s when he grew up. They are not acceptable now, but Trump either has no filter, or sees his outrageous statements as a plus because a) they get him publicity and b) people are sick and tired of political correctness.

The common-sense thing to do is to judge Trump on his positions. That's where he wins my vote.

No more coddling of illegal immigrants. No more off-shoring of jobs. Less or no legal immigration until we have full employment of American citizens. No more putting other countries and causes ahead of the welfare of Americans. No more pretending that Islam is a "religion of peace" when it is not and never has been. No more letting in Muslims when we can't vet them.

These issues have been crying out to be dealt with for decades, and our special-interest-bought politicians in both parties have refused to deal with them. They don't even pretend to want to address them.

Old 12-01-2015, 05:33 AM

37,282 posts, read 19,292,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Watching videos of Trump and his followers is eerily like seeing the old films of Hitler campaigning, in multiple ways. I've always wondered how he managed to worm his way in; I am starting to get it, and it feels like like history rewinding before my eyes. I belong to multiple of the listed demographics already denigrated or demonize by him, you better believe I am worried about his poll numbers. More people should be.

There may be a reason for that. The interview Ivana Trump did with Vanity Fair makes for an interesting read. From the interview:

"Last April, perhaps in a surge of Czech nationalism, Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler’s collected speeches, My New Order, which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed. Kennedy now guards a copy of My New Order in a closet at his office, as if it were a grenade. Hitler’s speeches, from his earliest days up through the Phony War of 1939, reveal his extraordinary ability as a master propagandist."

Donald and Ivana Trump's Divorce: The Full Story | Vanity Fair

Old 12-02-2015, 12:16 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,454,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
There may be a reason for that. The interview Ivana Trump did with Vanity Fair makes for an interesting read. From the interview:

"Last April, perhaps in a surge of Czech nationalism, Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler’s collected speeches, My New Order, which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed. Kennedy now guards a copy of My New Order in a closet at his office, as if it were a grenade. Hitler’s speeches, from his earliest days up through the Phony War of 1939, reveal his extraordinary ability as a master propagandist."

Donald and Ivana Trump's Divorce: The Full Story | Vanity Fair
Any aspiring politician could learn something from reading Hitler's speeches.

That doesn't mean they support Hitler.

The New York Review of Books is constantly talking about the Fuhrer.

Does that make the New York Review of Books a Nazi publication?

Old 12-02-2015, 12:19 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,528,417 times
Leave it to lefties to want to ban books and education. Reading about Hitler teaches you how megalomaniacs and crazed leftists think. They don't want that.

Old 12-02-2015, 11:48 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,259,029 times
Quote:
Leave it to lefties to want to ban books and education. Reading about Hitler teaches you how megalomaniacs and crazed leftists think. They don't want that.

Well done! Divert attention from any Trump/Nazi connection, justify his choice of reading material and make a groundless assertion about the lefties.

The cult leader Trump would be proud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections