Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 11:58 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The King has been at this much longer than she is willing to admit.

Why anyone would support who is as beholding to the 1% as this woman is beyond me.

Hillary met with hundreds of high powered CEO's while she was Secretary of State and used her office to 'marry her political interests with the needs of America's most powerful' ahead of her 2016 presidential run

In order words, she did what EVERYONE in DC do when they plan to run for office.

Okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 12:21 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
In order words, she did what EVERYONE in DC do when they plan to run for office.

Okay.
Half the politicians in DC don't campaign on dismantling wall st.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:38 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Ya, this election cycle is tough. Do I support a woman who is purportedly beholden to the 1% or a guy who IS the 1%?

Mick

Haven't you noticed how heavy Clinton's purse has gotten over the years?

Old 11-30-2015, 03:43 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I read it the other way. IRRC I read it here.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:29 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

Okay.
And you support a government bought and paid for by Wall Street? I don't.

One of the biggest reasons that huge numbers of people are headed to Trump. They are sick & tired of it.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:48 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Wow--she's gone from being 'King Hillary' to Hillary Clinton. She's definitely doing better.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
So what?

If someone is willing to give her money and if it doesn't violate campaign laws, she has every right to take it. We still live in a free country right?

Old 11-30-2015, 11:59 PM

Quote:
And you support a government bought and paid for by Wall Street? I don't.

One of the biggest reasons that huge numbers of people are headed to Trump. They are sick & tired of it.

Here's the difference between you and Democrats - we Dems don't automatically group all CEOs into the "bad" camp. Apparently you do, but that's ok, you do what you do.

From the article, the donors include Warren Buffet and the Teacher's Union Chief. Those guys are certainly in the liberal's wheel house.

In addition, you seem to have missed this sentence:

It makes perfect sense that the head of global companies like GE, Pepsi, Morgan Stanley, etc would meet with the Secretary of State. If you research it, you'd see that similar CEOs also met with Powell, Rice, and Albright. It's not really a revelation at all.

If some of the same CEOs are now backing Hillary (and I don't know if they are backing her solely or not), perhaps it's because they worked with her and are impressed.

Quote:
The irony is that Trump is one of Wall Street's good ol' boys. Even though he wasn't in hedge fund or private equity, Trump has always had close contact with this group of guys from his neighborhood.

Old 12-01-2015, 05:34 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
The King has been at this much longer than she is willing to admit.

Why anyone would support who is as beholding to the 1% as this woman is beyond me.

Hillary met with hundreds of high powered CEO's while she was Secretary of State and used her office to 'marry her political interests with the needs of America's most powerful' ahead of her 2016 presidential run
And she continues to get away with whatever she wants to do. I just don't understand. There could never be a more dishonest person running for the top job in our country and actually getting supporters..!!!!

Old 12-01-2015, 05:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Unfortunately, only a small segment of our non-crazy electorates read such reliable, established online sources such as Breibart, Daily Caller, Right Wing News, Hot Air, and so on. Don't believe me? Go ask regular people with education and good job if they've heard of those blogs.

Mick
Heck I am convinced only a small % read anything, anymore. We were doing our 3 times a week water walking yesterday and discussing the newspaper as well as other form of the media. Those with us are mostly older, retired or semi and educated. There were only about 3 or us who took the paper daily or paid attention to what was on TV. a few more did watch CNN or FOX> Our own family fall into the same group. Our oldest daughter and hubby depend on news channels not the paper or anything else like that for their news: our younger daughter stopped taking the Orlando paper cause it got to liberal for she and hubby and our son depends on what he sees in the USA today. I wouldn't consider any of them educated voters and they are all bright, successful people with college background, some advanced degrees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections