Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 01:56 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,545,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Ok point out some Moderate opinions they posted, meaning show a view point that does not always point in the same direction, do that I might reconsider my POV. Every Moderate I know holds both Liberal and Conservative ideals on different issues and most are neither a Dem or a Repub especially these days. There are very FEW of them on this site and I can only go by ones opinion on the topics they post on.
I'm not visiting her posts (you couldn't pay me to do that). I'm just stating that being a Liberal and being a Democrat is two different things, and I take offense being called a Liberal if I vote Democrat. There are a lot of Democrats who get physically sick (like me) with some of the liberal policies being established by our gov't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 02:07 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,740,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I do not believe you were a registered Dem,.
Your beliefs about me are irrelevant. Furthermore calling me a liar is an attempt to substitute insult for argument. It only means you can't discuss topic with logic or fact.

My recommendation. Stop attempting to label everything as moderate, liberal, conservative, whatever, etc, because life is much more complex than such simplistic binary choices. You have used them all in your posts in this topic, yet only against those you disagree with and not once to address the topic. This speaks for itself.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:44 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,881,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The King has been at this much longer than she is willing to admit.

Why anyone would support who is as beholding to the 1% as this woman is beyond me.

Hillary met with hundreds of high powered CEO's while she was Secretary of State and used her office to 'marry her political interests with the needs of America's most powerful' ahead of her 2016 presidential run

That's because she admits nothing. Yet her sycophants don't care.

William Safire called her a congenital liar, and that was decades ago. Some things never change.

Old 12-04-2015, 11:10 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,263,560 times
Quote:
Actually I was a registered Democrat until about 90 days ago when I changed my affiliation to non-affiliated. Also known as Independent.

So like everything else where you post assumption and opinion as fact, your implied characterization is wrong here too. People who self identify as "democrat" are a shrinking breed.

If you were a Democrat then it's alarming that you have absolutely no clue how Democrat thinks, but somehow it is in perfect alignment with the conservatives. You can call yourself whatever you want, but if you lean right then that's what you are.

Quote:
In regards to what you state. ANY CEO who gives a politican money in return for special favor is a bad CEO. This is called crony capitalism and it works like a disease against our society. I can't imagine why you make excuse for it unless you are one of those "democrats" so blinded by party dogma, that you will say almost anything for bad politicians.

I agree. Our system is utterly corrupted.... and designed to be. Now, if you want to start a thread about what's wrong with our system and how to fix it, be my guess. But you are criticizing Clinton for playing by the same corrupt rules that everybody else plays by and post everyday occurrence for a Secretary of State as if it has some secret nefarious plan behind it, that's the problem. Again, you missed the point entirely, I never once defended the system. What I attacked is the spin you posted.

Old 12-04-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
If you were a Democrat then it's alarming that you have absolutely no clue how Democrat thinks, but somehow it is in perfect alignment with the conservatives. You can call yourself whatever you want, but if you lean right then that's what you are.

I agree. Our system is utterly corrupted.... and designed to be. Now, if you want to start a thread about what's wrong with our system and how to fix it, be my guess. But you are criticizing Clinton for playing by the same corrupt rules that everybody else plays by and post everyday occurrence for a Secretary of State as if it has some secret nefarious plan behind it, that's the problem. Again, you missed the point entirely, I never once defended the system. What I attacked is the spin you posted.
Responses
  • Telling me that I don't know how to think is nothing but insult. It's not an argument.
  • Interesting that you think Hillary is corrupt but it's OK because everyone else is corrupt.
How to fix it is simple. Don't vote for politicians you know to be corrupt like the one you just mentioned. Period.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:53 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,084,023 times
Corrupt at the core. From Arkansas to now. People want this corrupt woman to represent women as the first Woman President? Some standards there girls. You can do better, if you only would.

Old 12-04-2015, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Responses
  • Telling me that I don't know how to think is nothing but insult. It's not an argument.
  • Interesting that you think Hillary is corrupt but it's OK because everyone else is corrupt.
How to fix it is simple. Don't vote for politicians you know to be corrupt like the one you just mentioned. Period.
Where did I say you don't know how to think?? You may have just exposed yourself as someone who don't know how to read but I've never said you don't know how to think.

I never said Hillary is corrupt either. See last sentence above.

How to fix the system is to have better laws.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Where did I say you don't know how to think?? You may have just exposed yourself as someone who don't know how to read but I've never said you don't know how to think.

I never said Hillary is corrupt either. See last sentence above.

How to fix the system is to have better laws.
Responses
  • You said I don't think like a Democrat. Realty - You want to call me a liar.
  • You said that Clinton plays by corrupt rules - Hence she is corrupt.
  • Clinton is being investigated by FBI for breaking laws. We don't need better laws we need better politicians.
Your two failures here is first you tried to make topic about me. You second failure is you gave weasel worked excuse for Clinton and tripped up on your own shoelaces. Always a problem with complicated answers.

It's apparent that you support Clinton without question no matter what she has done. And that sort of thing is why we have corrupt politicians in Washington.

Old 12-05-2015, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Responses
  • You said I don't think like a Democrat. Realty - You want to call me a liar.
  • You said that Clinton plays by corrupt rules - Hence she is corrupt.
  • Clinton is being investigated by FBI for breaking laws. We don't need better laws we need better politicians.

Make up your mind - did I say you don't think or did I say you are a liar? You can't even keep your accusation straight.

It's not corrupt if someone is playing by the rules. If the rules are bad then the rules are corrupt, not the person.

You are confusing government official rules with campaign finance laws. Also, Hillary did not break any law - the manual for agency employees is not a law, it is a guideline.

Quote:
Your two failures here is first you tried to make topic about me. You second failure is you gave weasel worked excuse for Clinton and tripped up on your own shoelaces. Always a problem with complicated answers.

It's apparent that you support Clinton without question no matter what she has done. And that sort of thing is why we have corrupt politicians in Washington.
I didn't make this topic about you. YOU make this topic about you. Why would I care enough to make any topic about you?

The fact that anti-Hillary people like you have to resort to using lies and innuendos to defame her, shows how solid of a candidate she is, because people like you can't find anything bad about her so have to resort to this. Everything you've posted about Hillary, and I mean EVERYTHING, is all spin and no substance. This thread is an example - it consists of baseless and often times silly accusation that can easily be debunked.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
The fact that anti-Hillary people like you have to resort to using lies and innuendos to defame her, shows how solid of a candidate she is, because people like you can't find anything bad about her so have to resort to this. Everything you've posted about Hillary, and I mean EVERYTHING, is all spin and no substance. This thread is an example - it consists of baseless and often times silly accusation that can easily be debunked.

He's a tip for you. If you consider me a liar then simply put me on ignore. If that's too hard for you then don't click on topics that I start. That way you won't be vexed by things you are unable to address with logic or fact as you have consistently shown in this topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections