Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 12:36 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,251,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Except that Rove is not actually helping Carson against Trump.

Anyway, Ben Carson should have answered on this issue the same way Ted Cruz did - which was totally an excellent response, as usual:

Reporter: Its been reported the suspect mentioned baby parts.
TedCruz: It's also been reported he's a "transgendered leftist activist."
Bravo Ted Cruz, I would shake his hand for that response.

I don't know if Rove realizes how toxic he is to the candidates, and if any candidate is affiliated with him, voters will leave that candidate in droves. My prediction is Carson will lose his evangelical base support to Cruz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 03:08 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,857,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Bravo Ted Cruz, I would shake his hand for that response.

I don't know if Rove realizes how toxic he is to the candidates, and if any candidate is affiliated with him, voters will leave that candidate in droves. My prediction is Carson will lose his evangelical base support to Cruz.
Rove probably does understand that, but remember when Jeb Bush sought advice on how to win without the Conservative vote? That's Rove, and that's the GOPe. I actually don't count Jeb out as yet. The GOPe will give us another Mitt Romney in Marco. He isn't going to win against Hillary. She will make him look like a child. The only person who will stand up to her as a statesman, without looking as though he is sexist, is Sen. Ted Cruz. He is brilliant and would play her like a fiddle.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:18 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,970,719 times
That's perhaps the first correct thing the man's said in this campaign. The frightening thing is that admitting that hateful rhetoric can lead to tragic outcomes is unpopular to the Republican base.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:09 PM

26,120 posts, read 22,310,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Someone got ahold of Ben Carson and he's moving to the middle. I knew in my heart he might be influenced or a compromiser. Not because he's corrupt, but because he's mild mannered and might even be a little overwhelmed enough to be taken advantage of by political wolves.

I'm pro-life and the abortion law is despicable to me and people should speak out against it. It's also despicable what this latest shooter did at this abortion clinic and he needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

However, at the same time I value free speech. Hateful rhetoric is subjective, look at the colleges and their ridiculous safe rooms because they can't handle differing opinions. People are passionate against abortion and that's okay. However, a line is drawn between what is said and what is done and most of us see that line enough not to cross it; unlike the guy who shot up the clinic (which a lot of facts are still opaque at this point). Ben Carson is wrong and I think this will impact the support from his core evangelical group.
Agree. I do know some that when they hear and see this, the ones that are "unbalanced", they border on or just lose it. The media causes a lot of this. How many times did we see "baby parts"? Many. We got it and make some calls, write some letters, etc. not go out and start shooting. The media sensationalizing it drives some over the edge and gives others "ideas".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I agree 100% with what he says though I think he was speaking in a broad sense and not just limiting it to one issue.

He talked about looking at the comment sections of an internet article and how appalled he was at the hate/name calling and lack of civility on both sides.

I DO agree that we can hardly have a reasonable conversation these days because everyone is so entrenched in their position.
Media again. You get the same information again and again and half the time you get incorrect information. And you have liberal media and conservative media and they are in some contest to bring discontent to the world.

We just have too many nutty people these days, a lot on psychiatric medications that have side effects that cause violence. These medications are passed out like they are candy.

The media seem to want a civil war in the US. The less news there is to report, the worse they become in order to get ratings. Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections