U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 10:51 AM

12,899 posts, read 12,331,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
This is hilarious. Trump's detractors don't realize that when they quibble over the details while conceding his general point, they are just proving him right. Frankly anyone who's supporting Hillary Clinton, who just may be the most corrupt and dishonest politician in our country today(which is saying a lot) doesn't have much cause to be trying to make a big deal out of the specific details.
There is a huge difference between "thousands" and "some pockets of 20-30 here and there." If Trump's supporters can't see that, they have an issue. His "general point" is very different given that discrepancy. Yes there were supporters, which is so sick, but don't greatly exaggerate it, making a city and even state look bad.

I don't like Hillary. I also don't particularly like Trump though I do like some of what he has to say. Just not this. He is lying when he says he saw thousands. It's an outright lie, and if people can't see that I can't help you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 10:55 AM

8,459 posts, read 4,059,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
if you don't think there is a significant difference then i offer to send you $12 and in exchange you can send me $4,000 ( thousands + thousands ).

deal?

Send me $12 and find out.

Old 12-22-2015, 10:56 AM

41,486 posts, read 21,098,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
This is hilarious. Trump's detractors don't realize that when they quibble over the details...
What's a couple of orders of magnitude? Details!

Old 12-22-2015, 10:57 AM

17,773 posts, read 7,412,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Is any crowd size "modest" when celebrating horrible death of 3000 of your neighbors? You seem to think so. Besides, how many people were in the videos showing Palestinians passing candies in the streets? Couldn't have been more than couple of dozens and yet nobody is discounting them.
Moooooooove those goalposts, Happy. First insinuate that anyone who questions Trump's outrageous statements does so because they support demonstrations on 9/11, and then change the focus to what Palestinians halfway across the world--as in, nowhere near New Jersey--did on that day.

No one is disputing that there were some isolated pockets of Muslims celebrating, but there's a vast difference between a few dozen, who can be considered outliers in the whole of the American Muslim population, and thousands and thousands, which implies that there were many, many American Muslims who were happy about 9/11. Which simply is not true.

Nice try, but big fail.

Last edited by JAMS14; 12-22-2015 at 11:17 AM..

Old 12-22-2015, 10:58 AM

12,859 posts, read 6,965,832 times
It would be premature at this point for Donald Trump to apologize to the people of the Middle Eastern countries that America invaded.

I am sure that there are many in this country who lost friends and relatives to the Bush Doctrines.

Old 12-22-2015, 11:15 AM

13,779 posts, read 8,854,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Multiple groups of "modest" (word used by ultra-liberal site) celebrations all over the place in the city plus all the reports from witnesses and 911 callers, plus there are many first hand accounts in comments to stories like this.
sorta like all those witnesses who claim the Holocaust never happened?

Old 12-22-2015, 11:20 AM

22,992 posts, read 11,992,475 times
"It didn't happen" yes, here's proof... "It wasn't thousands, total fail" smh... the left hates righty more than the devil himself.

Old 12-22-2015, 11:30 AM

7,685 posts, read 5,426,121 times
Okay so he shouldn't have said "thousands" and in the overall scheme of things really QUITE insignificant imho.

So to many of you Trump is unelectable because of this but would rather support Hillary instead who's the potentially the worst corrupt person and politician of them all and as POTUS will (blank) you without conscience as long as it profits her any chance she gets.

Old 12-22-2015, 11:51 AM

12,899 posts, read 12,331,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Okay so he shouldn't have said "thousands" and in the overall scheme of things really QUITE insignificant imho.

So to many of you Trump is unelectable because of this but would rather support Hillary instead who's the potentially the worst corrupt person and politician of them all and as POTUS will (blank) you without conscience as long as it profits her any chance she gets.
Yeah? Thousands versus maybe 100 total (pockets of 20-30 here and there as I've read) is "QUITE insignificant"?

Stop deflecting and bringing Hillary into this. No one is saying they would vote for Hillary over him. This thread is not about her. It's not a contest on who sucks more or who lies more. I for one despise Hillary Clinton. I'm a Republican. I don't like Trump's lie about my state. And yes it is a significant lie. Like others are saying, if I say I will give you $2000 but only send you $40, is this insignificant? That type of discrepancy is ok then?

Old 12-22-2015, 12:06 PM

24,849 posts, read 12,330,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
"It didn't happen" yes, here's proof... "It wasn't thousands, total fail"....
the "thousands and thousands" was trumps claim from the beginning. if you can point to anyone denying that there were small pockets of celebrators i'd like to see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections