Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 08:53 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
People have added up the "small groups" in the comments and it is easily over 1000. That's also considering that the source of the article is left of ralph nader and still supports Trump's claim.
I saw that comment, too. There's no mention of the numbers that guy is spouting anywhere in the article. In other words, he made them up. The article itself estimates the number to be in the dozens, not thousands.

Big time fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 08:57 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
How many Muslims or Middle Easterners live in Jersey City anyway? Not many as far as I know. Parts of Brooklyn have sizable Middle Eastern populations such as Bay Ridge and along Atlantic Ave. Were there any celebrations in these areas? Not that I have heard of. Frankly Trump is full of crap on this one and lying through his teeth.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:04 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I saw that comment, too. There's no mention of the numbers that guy is spouting anywhere in the article. In other words, he made them up. The article itself estimates the number to be in the dozens, not thousands.

Big time fail.
Multiple groups of "modest" (word used by ultra-liberal site) celebrations all over the place in the city plus all the reports from witnesses and 911 callers, plus there are many first hand accounts in comments to stories like this.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:12 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Multiple groups of "modest" (word used by ultra-liberal site) celebrations all over the place in the city plus all the reports from witnesses and 911 callers, plus there are many first hand accounts in comments to stories like this.
Yes, modest, as in the 15 to 20, for instance, spotted on the JFK--which that guy in the comment section inflated to 300.

Sorry, Jersey, but no matter how hard you try to stretch it, several dozen cannot equal "thousands and thousands." I'd say nice try, but it really isn't. It's just really bad math or really big wishful thinking.

Either way, it's not thousands and thousands. It's not even hundreds and hundreds. It's a few dozen.

Big time fail.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:25 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
There were obviously American Muslims celebrating 9-11. You can find mosques inside America that to this day openly praise 9-11. Just like you can find French Muslims joking about the Paris attack.

The left falsely pretends the amount of radical Muslims is much smaller than it truly is.

Trump said thousands and thousands celebrated in New Jersey out in public...that is on the other end of the error.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:34 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,034,491 times
We know that there are Islamofascist terrorist sleeper cells in the United States and we know they celebrated after the World Trade Center towers were hit.

What else do you want to know?

Old 12-22-2015, 09:38 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
I've only heard of the "dancing Israeli's" that were supposedly filming 9/11 from Jersey City.

Both seem like made up stories from people with an agenda, but who knows in this crazy World.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:42 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Trump said he saw " thousands and thousands" celebrating in NJ on TV.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:43 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yes, modest, as in the 15 to 20, for instance, spotted on the JFK--which that guy in the comment section inflated to 300.

Sorry, Jersey, but no matter how hard you try to stretch it, several dozen cannot equal "thousands and thousands." I'd say nice try, but it really isn't. It's just really bad math or really big wishful thinking.

Either way, it's not thousands and thousands. It's not even hundreds and hundreds. It's a few dozen.

Big time fail.
Can you imagine people celebrating just outside of Pearl Harbor in 1941 when the Japanese attacked? I don't give a damn if its 10 slubs celebrating, I want their asses gone in a bad non-pc way. Trump's numbers may be high but it did happen, I remember the day it happened and I clearly remember the reports of people in NJ celebrating on rooftops when the towers fell on 9-11.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:45 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,975 times
This one is related to the Terrorist who killed Soldiers in FT. Hood, but Anderson Cooper also mentions American Muslims celebrating 9/11. Not thousands, but certainly not a very "nice" thing to do since "we" were hurting on that fateful day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5BtQgTGOI4

Northern New Jersey Draws Probers' Eyes
"In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners' plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river"

Last edited by TrafficCory; 12-22-2015 at 10:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections