Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 12:10 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Yeah? Thousands versus maybe 100 total ....
and even that is questionable. the only reports that have anything that can be confirmed is the possible 12 guys on the roof and the 5 isrealis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 12:18 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,194,501 times
Quote:
Yeah? Thousands versus maybe 100 total (pockets of 20-30 here and there as I've read) is "QUITE insignificant"?

Stop deflecting and bringing Hillary into this. No one is saying they would vote for Hillary over him. This thread is not about her. It's not a contest on who sucks more or who lies more. I for one despise Hillary Clinton. I'm a Republican. I don't like Trump's lie about my state. And yes it is a significant lie. Like others are saying, if I say I will give you $2000 but only send you $40, is this insignificant? That type of discrepancy is ok then?
My friend I was not deflecting but comparing while stating Trump shouldn't have said "thousands".

I'm in the same state as you (and to date lifetime resident of) and lived at the time not very far from where whatever amount of it happened.

Trump gets into Hillary threads and vice-versa regularly in here. But again I wasn't deflecting.

This election can get into peoples nerves so the debate quite spirited.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:21 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

No one is disputing that there were some isolated pockets of Muslims celebrating,
We are told Islam had nothing to do with 9/11. In fact, those who did it were not "real" Muslims. Regardless of the numbers, can you explain why only Muslims celebrated 9/11, however small? Jews and Christians saw it too. Why only Muslims?

Old 12-22-2015, 12:25 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
the "thousands and thousands" was trumps claim from the beginning. if you can point to anyone denying that there were small pockets of celebrators i'd like to see it.
surely I could but dont care to. Perhaps he "mispoke", and deserves one of those passes that so often get handed out on the left.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:30 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
My friend I was not deflecting but comparing while stating Trump shouldn't have said "thousands".

I'm in the same state as you (and to date lifetime resident of) and lived at the time not very far from where whatever amount of it happened.

Trump gets into Hillary threads and vice-versa regularly in here. But again I wasn't deflecting.

This election can get into peoples nerves so the debate quite spirited.
He absolutely shouldn't have said it. But he did, and he made a mistake, and that's okay, as long as he owns up to it IMO. He needs to say, "I got my numbers wrong" or "It wasn't thousands, I got mixed up, but there were some celebrating here and there throughout the region" or something. But he won't, because he's arrogant and he likes being right even if he isn't.

We could go on forever about the "well x candidate did and said this, so why is what y candidate did and said so much worse?" It's just petty childish nonsense. Yeah, all candidates make mistakes or do and say some pretty bad or poorly timed things. But it's not a contest, and trying to deflect onto another's actions on a thread about something and someone totally different just isn't necessary. I seriously despise Hillary. If I wanted to talk bad about her I would. But this thread isn't about her. It's about Trump. So let's not get off topic. I'm sure there are plenty of threads about Hillary's wrongdoings.

Point is, Trump said "thousands" and he's wrong. He's been proven wrong, and the discrepancy between thousands and a few dozen is astounding yet I wish I could say I'm shocked that people are still defending him and trying to make what he said okay even given that discrepancy.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:32 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
surely I could but dont care to.
it would support your claim.

Quote:
Perhaps he "mispoke", ....
he stands by his claim.

Trump stands by claim American Muslims celebrated 9/11 | Fox News

Old 12-22-2015, 12:33 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
He absolutely shouldn't have said it. But he did, and he made a mistake, and that's okay, as long as he owns up to it IMO. He needs to say, "I got my numbers wrong" or "It wasn't thousands, I got mixed up, but there were some celebrating here and there throughout the region" or something. But he won't, because he's arrogant and he likes being right even if he isn't.
Trump is never wrong. He's just misquoted or misunderstood. He and Carson both seem to suffer from this malady.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:33 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,694,961 times
It is impossible for a Muslim immigrant intent on terrorism to exist without multiple members of the Muslim community knowing of their intentions.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:39 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
There were obviously American Muslims celebrating 9-11. You can find mosques inside America that to this day openly praise 9-11. Just like you can find French Muslims joking about the Paris attack.
I've never questioned that. In fact, I'm quite certain that if you looked hard enough, you would find that there were a few christians who welcomed 9/11 as the harbinger of the imminent second coming. And a few radical leftists as the beginning of the end of american hegemony. Regardless, the point is that a few nuts does not translate into a sizable anti-american force within america.

Quote:
The left falsely pretends the amount of radical Muslims is much smaller than it truly is.
There are way too many violent muslims in the world. The question at hand is whether most american muslims are violent or not. I think the evidence is that they are not.

Quote:
Trump said thousands and thousands celebrated in New Jersey out in public...that is on the other end of the error.
Happy to see that we agree on this.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:48 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Okay so he shouldn't have said "thousands" and in the overall scheme of things really QUITE insignificant imho.
No, it is quite significant. A president who truly believes that many american muslims are traitorous is going to have a much different attitude about domestic policing and foreign policy than is a president who truly believes that most american muslims are good american citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections