Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 06:12 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,205,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I don't care if he apologizes or not. I will say that it would be the right thing to do, but I won't vote for him either way. I wasn't planning on voting for him even before he said this ridiculous lie that he refuses to back down from. It just boggles my mind that some of his supporters defend him so much that they will claim the difference between "thousands" and a few dozen is "not a big deal." Of course it's a big deal.
The fact that Muslims celebrated in sizes that found its way into news articles and police reports is far more consequential that quibbling about numbers. I am sure if he had said tens or hundreds you would now question the veracity of the whole thing. You are very uncomfortable that we now know any Muslim celebrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 06:22 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,939,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
The fact that Muslims celebrated in sizes that found its way into news articles and police reports is far more consequential that quibbling about numbers. I am sure if he had said tens or hundreds you would now question the veracity of the whole thing. You are very uncomfortable that we now know any Muslim celebrated.
I'm not uncomfortable about anything. If he said a more accurate number, I wouldn't care at all because it's true. I remember scattered reports at the time. None of this makes me uncomfortable.

Again, the numbers do matter. I can't see how people don't see a big deal in a difference between thousands and thousands and maybe 50. Maybe 100 tops. It's an unbelievable discrepancy. He's lying to fit an agenda. He wants people to think the majority of Muslims here are dangerous when that's not the case.

Old 12-22-2015, 06:30 PM

33,865 posts, read 16,906,563 times
Quote:
The fact that Muslims celebrated in sizes that found its way into news articles and police reports is far more consequential that quibbling about numbers. .

Amen. Previously immigrants we graciously allowed in did not plot against us. They reciprocated by becoming valuable US citizens who were as patriotic as they could be.

Old 12-22-2015, 07:15 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,690,180 times
Quote:
Always did know that. Never been uncomfortable about it because I know there's a noticeable difference between a few nuts and a serious national threat.

Old 12-22-2015, 07:19 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,690,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Amen. Previously immigrants we graciously allowed in did not plot against us. They reciprocated by becoming valuable US citizens who were as patriotic as they could be.
Please provide evidence that most muslim immigrants are plotting against the US.

Also, if you think there were no anti-american plotters in previous waves of immigrants, you are deficient in history.

The same thing applies now as then - the actions of a few extremists are not enough to indict a whole group of people. As you note, the US has survived previous such threats just fine. There is no reason to expect anything will be different about today's immigrants.

Old 12-22-2015, 07:21 PM

Allowing anyone in is a privilege , not a right, so any nations will radicals should have their "citizens" barred from entering our terrific nation.

Old 12-22-2015, 07:25 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,205,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Can you even imagine American Hispanics of today flying B52s on bombing runs over Mexico City?

Old 12-22-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Can you even imagine American Hispanics of today flying B52s on bombing runs over Mexico City?

Not for a second.

And in WWII, we had German and Italian Americans fighting against the land of their ancestors..proudly. As should be expected of any immigrant.

Old 12-22-2015, 07:33 PM

6,808 posts, read 6,920,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
How many Muslims or Middle Easterners live in Jersey City anyway? Not many as far as I know. Parts of Brooklyn have sizable Middle Eastern populations such as Bay Ridge and along Atlantic Ave. Were there any celebrations in these areas? Not that I have heard of. Frankly Trump is full of crap on this one and lying through his teeth.
Patterson, NJ has one of the largest concentrations of Muslims in the Northeast.

So Trump is lying through his teeth? I suppose the retired police chief is lying, as well as all the police officers who acknowledge the celebrations but are afraid to speak publicly about it? Seems the retired police have no trouble, nor do the many eye witnesses reporting what they saw.

Old 12-22-2015, 08:12 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,066,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Patterson, NJ has one of the largest concentrations of Muslims in the Northeast.

So Trump is lying through his teeth? I suppose the retired police chief is lying, as well as all the police officers who acknowledge the celebrations but are afraid to speak publicly about it? Seems the retired police have no trouble, nor do the many eye witnesses reporting what they saw.
I'm not doubting the police captain. But there's a huge difference between what he saw and what Trump claims to have seen. And if Trump is not lying through his teeth then he's the biggest bullsh*tter on the planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections