Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 05:56 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,774,183 times

Advertisements

[Yawn].

Another thread on this? We get the picture: the OP wants everyone else to vote for Hillary, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 05:57 PM

3,484 posts, read 3,184,111 times
SSI and Medicare are NOT entitlement programs. You pay into it with every single paycheck you get for like 35 years - entitlements are freebies - like food stamps, for example.

BTW "Ted Bear" - Trump and ONLY Trump supporter here; 10 years of college; four degrees, all in sciences, all earned before dumbed down science and no computers. I'm dumb?

Old 12-23-2015, 05:59 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,774,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Statistically, the dumber you are, the more likely you are to be a Trump supporter.

Fits with the need to be on some sort of social welfare program to make it. Of course Trump is not going to whizz on that parade. He panders to that group with his immigration, sexist, militaristic, race bating...and now welfare comments.

Lolol. Who knew all those people in the welfare lines were so smart? And self-sufficient.

The things you learn on these boards!

Old 12-23-2015, 06:00 PM

22,356 posts, read 11,886,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
SSI and Medicare are NOT entitlement programs. After you pay into it with every single paycheck you get for like 35 years, then come back and tell us they're "entitlements."

BTW "Ted Bear" - Trump and ONLY Trump supporter here; 10 years of college; four degrees, all in sciences, all earned before dumbed down science and no computers. I'm dumb?

I'm a college graduate, too---graduated in the mid 70s (no computers then). I support Trump.

Old 12-23-2015, 06:01 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,690,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
SSI isn't an entitlement program, people put in their entire lives and expect it back. Not the citizen's fault the government stole that money because of their reckless spending. It probably won't be there when I need it, so I'm not counting on it at all, but still.

Glad Trump won't cut that, he's for the American people. The Republicans want citizens working until one foot is in the grave before they are given what they earned over a lifetime, while they retire early with fat paychecks.
The definition of an entitlement program is that a person is entitled to it. In this case, a person who has paid into SS for the specified amount of time is entitled to receive benefits, regardless of need.

So yes, SS is a very good example of an entitlement program.

Entitlement program: A Glossary of Political Economy Terms - Dr. Paul M. Johnson

Old 12-23-2015, 06:02 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,360,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
How can he have liberal stripes if he is a racist anti-woman xenophobe?
Could it be because he is following the "Twitter-sphere"???..Of course he is..I is speaking right NOW to those completely dissatisfied with inactive Congress/lawmakers, who have done nothing to further the American people..only cater to "FUNDERS"!!

IF he get nomination to lead Republican's, forces regular voter's to decide IF they want such a loose cannon to represent them!! POTUS has to deal with a HUGE banquet table of issues ..and to have some sort of schoolboy tone, bully tactics kind of makes anyone wonder HOW could he ever deal with high powered multinational leader's..never mind in the place of "United Nations" ??

Dealing Internationally with those other's requires some way beyond Trump's ability ..He's use to dealing in a very narrow business agenda..NOT a Country's!

Any leader required to have someone who is able to communicate with Other Countries..Secretary of State rep...I actually wonder who he would chose or is on his list??????

Since Trump has No boundaries..WHO know's??

Old 12-23-2015, 06:03 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 hours ago)

27,543 posts, read 16,022,699 times
Quote:
quite the contradictory conundrum

Old 12-23-2015, 06:05 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,690,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Show us the polling that says otherwise.
Does Donald Trump have Democratic supporters? Not many. - CSMonitor.com

Old 12-23-2015, 06:08 PM

461 posts, read 332,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
'They're gonna cut Social Security. They're gonna cut Medicare. They're gonna cut Medicaid. I'm the one saying I'm not gonna do that."

"They're attacking Social Security — the Republicans — they're attacking Medicare and Medicaid."

Donald Trump's Liberal Stripes Are Starting To Show - Investors.com

Trump is a fiscal Liberal who supports strengthening entitlement programs. His supporters seem to think that he's some kind of Conservative crusader, but he's not Conservative outside of the issue of illegal immigration (where even his views are somewhat muddied by inconsistency).
That's part of the reason I like him.
Quote:
Considering that most of his supporters think he is the second coming of Ronald Reagan, they would be disappointed to learn pesky facts such as these.
No I don't actually. Reagan wasn't that great of a president IMO. I have no clue where you are getting your ASSumptions of Trump supporters but you are completely wrong.

Old 12-23-2015, 06:11 PM

25,791 posts, read 21,949,801 times
Quote:
'They're gonna cut Social Security. They're gonna cut Medicare. They're gonna cut Medicaid. I'm the one saying I'm not gonna do that."

"They're attacking Social Security — the Republicans — they're attacking Medicare and Medicaid."

Donald Trump's Liberal Stripes Are Starting To Show - Investors.com

Trump is a fiscal Liberal who supports strengthening entitlement programs. His supporters seem to think that he's some kind of Conservative crusader, but he's not Conservative outside of the issue of illegal immigration (where even his views are somewhat muddied by inconsistency).
Blah, blah, blah. Trump is the only ones that is talking about the issues that the majority of people care about. I can't see why people don't see this. But then, I have noticed that comprehension of the English language, both written and spoken word, by those that trash Trump has to be really low since it is said his speeches are geared at the 4th grade level. It must be hard if Trump trashers comprehension isn't up to the level of Trump's speeches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
SSI isn't an entitlement program, people put in their entire lives and expect it back. Not the citizen's fault the government stole that money because of their reckless spending. It probably won't be there when I need it, so I'm not counting on it at all, but still.

Glad Trump won't cut that, he's for the American people. The Republicans want citizens working until one foot is in the grave before they are given what they earned over a lifetime, while they retire early with fat paychecks.
You actually mean SS not SSI. SSI is for the disabled and people below the poverty level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Statistically, the dumber you are, the more likely you are to be a Trump supporter.

Fits with the need to be on some sort of social welfare program to make it. Of course Trump is not going to whizz on that parade. He panders to that group with his immigration, sexist, militaristic, race bating...and now welfare comments.
So, do you support Trump? Actually, those on social welfare are generally Democrats, you know, the party of "we'll trade free stuff for your vote". Immigration? Trump and his supporters support immigration through the provided laws for that program. Do you need a link on legal immigration and how it works? I can get that for you. Sexist? I'm a woman and what are you talking about? We need to build the military to protect the soldiers we have. Trump has not been engaged in "race baiting", you did mean "baiting" and not "bating"? I am sorry, it was very difficult to follow your train of thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He should lie instead? He should do what the GOP has done for decades? Say they are going to do something and then do nothing?
Didn't you mean the Democrats? He should have spent more time with the "master" to learn the techniques of lying but I guess she is too busy running her campaign, "I'm like your abuela". That was a whopper!

Quote:
Considering that most of his supporters think he is the second coming of Ronald Reagan, they would be disappointed to learn pesky facts such as these.
It is about the issues. Some people get to wrapped up in personalities or jealous vendettas. I mean, so the man is a success...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nope. You simply make up something. You have no idea what most of his supporters think.
When it comes to what they say about Trump and his supporters, 99.9% of the stuff is made up. It is good to exercise one's mind though and engage in fantasy.

Quote:
Do they even think at all? Being easily swayed by meaningless rhetoric with no Conservative record to back it up does not reflect well on his supporters.
It's about the issues: Donald Trump on the Issues and if you'll tell me who your candidate is, I'll give you a link so you can compare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's been pointed out to you many times why Trump has so much support. What he says is meaningless. He can say whatever he wants and it makes no difference. People aren't supporting Trump, they are showing their displeasure with the lying GOP establishment.
Well, not entirely. There are so many disenchanted Democrats, people just plain jealous of Trump's success, people that are tired of social issues being used to drown out what is destroying our country and Trump stepped up and the rest is history.

Trump supporters stand firm with the issues and solutions that he is proposing. Get over it!

Quote:
I don't think that is very "pc" of you to put them on the spot like that! I am anxious for their answer though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections