Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 02:42 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,732,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Exactly. Trump's is literally the most feeble public speaker I've ever seen make a run for public office. Arnold Schwarzenegger was easier to understand, a lot easier.
Yet here you are day after day spending time and energy talking about things that Trump has said. Yet you never say who is a good speaker in your opinion. Your actions don't match your words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 03:06 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,443,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yet here you are day after day spending time and energy talking about things that Trump has said. Yet you never say who is a good speaker in your opinion. Your actions don't match your words.
Laughable accusation coming from you--isnt it time you posted one of your hourly "King Hillary" threads? You're slipping.

For the record, I prefer Sanders, but would gladly choose Clinton over any of the GOP candidates, ESPECIALLY Trump:
Quote:
Right. We're going to build the wall; we're going to create a border. We're going to let people in, but they're going to come in legally. They are going to come in legally. And it's something that can be done. They built The Great Wall of China. That's 13,000 miles. Here, we actually need 1,000, because we have natural barriers. We can do a wall. We're going to have a big, fat beautiful door right in the middle of the wall. We are going to have people come in, but they are coming in legally. And Mexico is going to pay for the wall, because Mexico--I love the Mexican people, I respect the Mexican leaders, but the leaders are much sharper, smarter and more cunning than our leaders. And people say, "Oh, how are you going to get Mexico to pay?" A politician cannot get them to pay. I can.
Terrible ideas, terribly articulated.

Old 01-03-2016, 03:11 PM

15,609 posts, read 15,747,926 times
This is the problem with using weak, vague words like "awful."

Despite my despising Trump, I don't think he's an "awful" speaker at all. He's energetic, and with his informal, colloquial speech, he's delighting people who feel that he's "real" and unrehearsed. So he's a terrific speaker in that respect.

Of course, he's an ignorant inflammatory bully, but that's another thing.

Old 01-03-2016, 03:19 PM

OK so you always vote for the Democrat no matter who runs. i.e. Your remarks here are only partisan since you never intend to vote for a Republican.

In regards to my King Hillary topics, I don't deny it. But I've also started as many or more topics on Trump and others. I'm not caught up in pointless partisanship.

However given that standard, which you seem to acknowldege, where are your topics on Bernie or Hillary?

Old 01-03-2016, 03:19 PM

11,899 posts, read 5,875,870 times
As I've said before the rhetoric from the left is because they know their candidate will not be the nominee for the DNC - whereas - it's quite possible an outsider will be the candidate for the RNC. We've lived with Obama for 8 yrs as he's destroyed out reputation, divided the races and acted like a petulant child with his almighty pen - time to sit back and tolerate at least 4 or 8 yrs of someone who will actually improve this country.

Old 01-03-2016, 03:21 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,855,133 times
Quote:
I saw that interview. There was nothing childish about it. Furthermore I didn't get the impression that he was criticizing Ted Cruz's religion at all. Trump is absolutely correct that there are not very many Evangelicals in Cuba. It's a Catholic nation.
He asks this question in Iowa - "How many evangelicals come out of Cuba?"

What does this have to do with anything other than implying Cruz is pandering to evangelicals. His father is a Baptist minister.

LOL! Should we ask how many evangelicals live in Trump Tower?

If he thinks that Cruz supporters will come to his side, he can dream.

Old 01-03-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
He asks this question in Iowa - "How many evangelicals come out of Cuba?"

And he answered the question during the the interview being referenced. Did you completely ignore it, or decide that you won't believe any answer that he gives?

Old 01-03-2016, 03:31 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,855,133 times
Quote:
And he answered the question during the the interview being referenced. Did you completely ignore it, or decide that you won't believe any answer that he gives?
I think he is a childish person who I have heard make many statements and then deny he said them. For instance, at one of the debates, he denied that he said, "Mark Zuckerberg’s personal Senator is Marco Rubio." He denied he said it, but it was on his website.

I should make a list. Donald acts like this ALL the time. I don't trust him one bit.

He also has made a lot of promises, and I am not supporting petulant Rand Paul, but he was right in the last debate when he said that we need to seriously question the promises that Trump is making, because there are laws that Trump would have to change to get them done. Trump's supporters are not paying attention to this. Trump is just playing off the anger in the electorate, but he will hit a roadblock on his promises and legislation to get them done.

Old 01-03-2016, 03:35 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,714,624 times
Quote:
I've made my point. It's up to you to prove otherwise if you don't believe it.
There a videos all over the interwebs of politicians walking onto the stage, glad handing the folks in the front rows... years and years and years worth of them. Doesn't prove that the audience didn't get bat-shet bored within 30 minutes.
Edited to add: or that the politician was able to talk coherently once they got to the podium. Sarah Palin comes to mind.

Old 01-03-2016, 03:38 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,974,582 times
Whether you like it or not, the Trump message is resonating with some of the American people. They have had it with the lies of this administration, our politicians--both Democrats and Republicans, and, right or wrong, they are looking at Trump as the anti-politician. He is appealing to veterans, he is beginning to appeal to blacks.

I'm shocked he has made it this far, but it is because he is tapping into the frustration of American citizens. You can thrash around about how awful you think he is, how boring you think he is, trash his supporters, trash his family, whatever. For now, his message is succeeding. And woe to the GOP if they pull some kind of stunt to shut him out if he is the legitimate nominee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections