Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2016, 06:52 AM

19,792 posts, read 14,000,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
He's a classic example of a two-faced politician - to think I might have voted for him if he got far enough.
Which one? Christie, for endorsing Trump after telling the world Trump is unqualified? Or Trump, for wanting the endorsement of a guy who he said ran NJ down to number 50 in the nation?

In the end, they are both two-faced and will say anything to get votes -- and change positions on a dime if it is politically expedient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 06:56 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,786,439 times
Quote:
For months Christy slammed Trump. And now he's saying Trump is the leader America needs.......just shows you how two-faced these politicians are.......
What will you say if Bush endorses Rubio?

Old 02-27-2016, 07:03 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,597,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Which one? Christie, for endorsing Trump after telling the world Trump is unqualified? Or Trump, for wanting the endorsement of a guy who he said ran NJ down to number 50 in the nation?

In the end, they are both two-faced and will say anything to get votes -- and change positions on a dime if it is politically expedient.
Considered Christie Kreme - thought our country needs someone with Executive/Governor skill set.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:08 AM

8,069 posts, read 7,008,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You blue guys are either VERY young or you are very old and can't remember Clinton vs Obama 2008 before he asked her to be his Secretary of State and Bill Clinton to campaign for him. Here's a few:

"Former President Bill Clinton tried to get former senator Ted Kennedy to endorse Hillary Clinton for president in the 2008 election by describing Barack Obama this way: 'A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.'"

Bill Clinton on Obama: 'A Few Years Ago, This Guy Would Have Been Carrying Our Bags' | The Weekly Standard
-
Young? Look at you are posting for Christ 's sake.

The whole "this guy would be carrying out bags" Comment is hearsay from Ryan Lizza, some unprofessional reporter from the New Yorker:
Quote:
Take a look at this from Ryan Lizza:

Tim Russert told me that, according to his sources, Bill Clinton, in an effort to secure an endorsement for Hillary from Ted Kennedy, said to Kennedy, “A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...ets-be-friends

I don't think so. I don't even like Bill Clinton but that's a very serious accusation I don't take lightly

Why would you post something like that LauraC? That's such a disgusting accusation. Either you are just posting stuff without reading it and pretending you remember the 2008 election when you don't or you are knowingly trying to deceive us.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:09 AM

37,832 posts, read 41,175,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
This makes sense.

They're both northeasterners, they're both loud bullies, and neither of them really wants anything to do with small-government conservatism.

And even thought the Trump Express is probably headed off a cliff, Christie's got nothing to lose by hitching his star to that train. Trump is the likely nominee, and on the off chance he gets elected (not likely, but stranger things have happened, I'm sorry to say) the king of the grifters would undoubtedly reward Christie with something. Even short of election, there's a lot of hay to be made by being the running mate on a losing ticket (just ask Caribou Barbie about that). Christie is probably on that short-list now. And since his career has pretty much hit a dead-end at this point, like I said, he won't lose anything when Trump ultimately crashes and burns.

It's a calculated risk.
Christie was a US Attorney appointed by Bush before he was the governor of NJ. In addition to making a good pick for Attorney General (my opinion) or some other cabinet position he is going to be a fantastic Trump surrogate in Winner Takes All Florida since so many people from NY/NJ retire there.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:25 AM

18,522 posts, read 15,356,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You blue guys are either VERY young or you are very old and can't remember Clinton vs Obama 2008 before he asked her to be his Secretary of State and Bill Clinton to campaign for him. Here's a few:

Obama is the biggest fairytale. - Bill Clinton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLDx4NZr2u4

Obama: Change you can Xerox - Hillary Clinton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHkcyxIqpvk

"Former President Bill Clinton tried to get former senator Ted Kennedy to endorse Hillary Clinton for president in the 2008 election by describing Barack Obama this way: 'A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.'"

Bill Clinton on Obama: 'A Few Years Ago, This Guy Would Have Been Carrying Our Bags' | The Weekly Standard

“I could stand up here and say: let’s just get everybody together, let’s get unified,†Clinton said, voice dripping with contempt long since discarded. “The sky will open, the light will come down, celestial choirs will be singing, and everyone will know that we should do the right thing, and the world would be perfect,†Clinton added. - Hillary Clinton

Clinton's '08 slaps still sting Obama - POLITICO

"I think you'll be able to imagine many things Senator McCain will be able to say," she said. "He's never been the president, but he will put forth his lifetime of experience. I will put forth my lifetime of experience. Senator Obama will put forth a speech he made in 2002." Clinton was referring to Obama's anti-war speech he delivered in Chicago before entering the United States Senate.

Clinton Says She and McCain Offer Experience, Obama Offers Speeches - CBS News

Point being, people say all kinds of sh** when they are running and then wind up working for their opponent. I could have researched stuff on George H W Bush who became Reagan's VP but it's easier to find Clinton/Obama stuff just because of when the Internet came into play leaving a record of these things. Heck, I could have done Biden/Obama when Biden was running in 2007.
This is a great response. And actually what I have been thinking the whole time reading this thread. Haven't any of these people lived through an election before?

What makes this different than what happens in...well...I don't know...EVERY OTHER ELECTION IN OUR HISTORY?

Reps for you!

Old 02-27-2016, 07:28 AM

3,781 posts, read 4,283,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Isn't that nice, one bully endorsing another. Wonder what promise Trump made? This seals it for the Republican Party, Christie, the loser, might as well declare himself a Democrat.
Then we would have three dems running, Hillary, Trump and Rubio. And who really cares what Christi does. He's a loser, just like Trump.
And Cruz made a great point, how embarrassing will it be when trump is being deposed in a courtroom? They guy took millions from innocent people, he paid ILLEGALS to build and now work in his businesses. And now all you people are believing in him.
If he gets elected, which I doubt, I'll be glad to come back in a year and say, "I told you so."

Old 02-27-2016, 07:35 AM

286 posts, read 151,352 times
All this is just another example of what a fraud Trump is.

All it ever takes is for Trump's ego to be stroked. When his ego isn't stroked is when he goes off. Putin will have a field day with this narcissist.

I hope when Trump goes off about his poll numbers and mocks others poll numbers, which he always does, they throw Christie right in his face.

And his cultists embracing Christie is hysterical.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:42 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,597,554 times
maybe someone can photoshop a picture of Christie hugging both Trumpster and BHO.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:51 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,631,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Young? Look at you are posting for Christ 's sake.

The whole "this guy would be carrying out bags" Comment is hearsay from Ryan Lizza, some unprofessional reporter from the New Yorker:

Let

I don't think so. I don't even like Bill Clinton but that's a very serious accusation I don't take lightly

Why would you post something like that LauraC? That's such a disgusting accusation. Either you are just posting stuff without reading it and pretending you remember the 2008 election when you don't or you are knowingly trying to deceive us.
Trumpsters demand that we recognize both Bill and Hillary as total racists.

Quote:
Chris Christie: A Vote For Trump Is A Vote For Hillary

Guess we know Christie is two-faced liar.

I actually had him in my top 3 or 3.
Christie just sold his soul for a job in Trump's whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm.

I'm willing to bet that anyone who willingly admits this, isn't going to be objective about Trump. After all, those who support Clinton without question isn't exactly weighing this using fact or logic.

But it does speak greatly that you talk more about the opponent, than the one you support.
Yes, the favorite refrain.

May I just point out that those who support Trump certainly aren't objective about Clinton AND keep very busy posting about her as 'an opponent'. Perhaps you should take your own advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections