Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 11:34 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,652,309 times

Advertisements

Well, the gracious and mature Trump in his concession speech didn't last long.

Now the perpetual victim cries on twitter.

That didn't take long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 11:36 AM

42,732 posts, read 30,014,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
He's the least evangelical and he just picked up electoral votes in the most evangelical state.

Wait until Cruz tries Bible-thumping his way thru other states, among mainline Protestants.
Iowa is not the most evangelical state.

State by State Percentage of Evangelicals, Catholics, and Black Protestants - Beliefnet.com

Old 02-02-2016, 11:45 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,704,107 times
Funny that Trump blames the Media. Trump's entire campaign has been with the Media. They cover his every move. They cover his every tweet or utterance. They cover events where he's not even there with the headline "Where's Trump". They cover unrelated events with, "What would Trump Say/Do? He has no ground game or canvassers in place, in any states. There aren't even Trump headquarters in most states. His whole campaign is focused on large media events where he puts the Media in predetermined cages and ejects them if they don't sit still. Every other candidate has spent millions tring to get a fraction of Media attention that Trump gets and when he loses, he blames the media.
Without the Media, Trump would have no campaign.

Sheesh!

Old 02-02-2016, 11:55 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,136,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Funny that Trump blames the Media. Trump's entire campaign has been with the Media. They cover his every move. They cover his every tweet or utterance. They cover events where he's not even there with the headline "Where's Trump". They cover unrelated events with, "What would Trump Say/Do? He has no ground game or canvassers in place, in any states. There aren't even Trump headquarters in most states. His whole campaign is focused on large media events where he puts the Media in predetermined cages and ejects them if they don't sit still. Every other candidate has spent millions tring to get a fraction of Media attention that Trump gets and when he loses, he blames the media.
Without the Media, Trump would have no campaign.

Sheesh!
Couldn't rep you, but truer words were never spoken. Trump's entire campaign has been based on free and never ending media exposure. The problem with that much media exposure is that people eventually get to see who you actually are. In Trump's case that works against him in the long run.

Old 02-02-2016, 12:09 PM

34,297 posts, read 15,750,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I sense frustration in his tweet. You might even say he doesn't think this whole endeavor is worth it. Even as a supporter I am somewhat deflated. I can imagine how he must feel like. To abandon what he was doing and become a "statesman" is an overreaction. Reading from telepromptors, prepared speeches, and everything else we hate about politicians will make him another politician. At the same time, he must be doubting himself now. Can't boast about large crowds and high poll numbers, at least not until he wins NH. His old lines of attack are also questionable. May be they don't work or may be they just didn't work in Iowa.
Maybe i'm superstitious but given the history of finishing first in Iowa I welcome the second place finish. Of course the best outcome would have been to run the table. That didn't happen. I'm over it. Winners don't worry about losses they learn from it and move forward with what they learned. He has a week to earn a strong showing in N.H.
We may have a different view of what a it means to be a statesman. I don't in any way equate that with canned speeches and teleprompters. If you take a date to the dance you have to dance with her. But you don't have to play the same song every dance.

One think I noticed in the Cruz speech after winning Iowa was he has adopted much of the Trump position on immigration and trade trying to appeal to Trump supporters. He will never get my vote. I'm putting him in with all the others will to say anything to win. And I think we see that with the reports about what he did with misinformation about Carson.

Old 02-02-2016, 12:19 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,358,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
He's the least evangelical and he just picked up electoral votes in the most evangelical state.

Wait until Cruz tries Bible-thumping his way thru other states, among mainline Protestants.
New to politics? This is what they do, they play to their audience at that time. Thats why there are like 5 different versions of Hillary. Thats why you had Trump holding a bible talking about God and how religious he is (LOL). Once they get into less religious states, that will all subside.

Old 02-02-2016, 12:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,350,471 times
Well the gracious in defeat didn't last long. The "self-funding" candidate is unhappy. Lol.....maybe he'll just start paying people to vote for him.

Old 02-02-2016, 12:42 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,846,052 times
Well it's Trump so we knew the blame game was coming, it was just a matter of who the target was.

Blaming the media is the safe way to go here.

Old 02-02-2016, 12:43 PM

15,822 posts, read 12,523,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Well the gracious in defeat didn't last long. The "self-funding" candidate is unhappy. Lol.....maybe he'll just start paying people to vote for him.
Trump tried that, didn't work. Maybe that's why he tweeted "not worth it".

"I don't believe I have been given any credit by the voters for self-funding my campaign, the only one. I will keep doing, but not worth it!"

All Donald Trump does is win – until he doesn't. Now what happens?

Trump...repeatedly telling audiences “you have to have a heart” as he handed out huge donations to local charities, the recipients walking on stage like the winners of a gameshow.

“How often do you see a presidential candidate giving money away instead of taking it?” Falwell Jr asked supporters in a school gymnasium in Council Bluffs on Sunday.

“With a hundred thousand you can do a lot, right?” Trump said. As the recipient walked off stage, he added: “Use it well.”

Old 02-02-2016, 12:45 PM

15,822 posts, read 12,523,324 times
Trump is now re-tweeting:

"Iowa is meaningless...keep pushing forward, run the table in NH SC NV and Super Tuesday. America needs you!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections