Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2016, 12:12 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times

Advertisements

Got this email today:

Carson America, Inc.

Katz,

For weeks, both the media and the political class have tried to ignore me. This is not a surprise.

Since the beginning of this campaign, I was written off. To many, I wasn't even supposed to run.

And last night, shameless tactics and dirty political plays defined the Iowa caucuses. There is no place for this kind of unethical behavior in our American political culture, and it only intensifies my desire to work extremely hard to break down the ugliness in this system.

So Katz, make no mistake -- I am committed to this fight for “We the People," I am committed to you, and I am committed to this campaign until the very end. Next we move on to New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada and I need you in my corner.

Will you please stand with me by making a secure donation of just $2 right now?

Just take a moment to step back and think about what we accomplished over the last year, and last night in Iowa in particular:

We've built a movement of millions. In 2015, we raised more money from more people than any other candidate in the race. Not from billionaires, but from people like you giving $10, $25 and $50. After all the mudslinging and lies, we've remained in the very top tier of candidates. And last night in Iowa, we finished comfortably ahead, in most cases by 3 to 4 times, of well-established Governors and Senators. These are incredible accomplishments that we must remember as we look forward to the next early-voting states.

All across this country I've been blessed to meet great people who have found hope for the future in this campaign. I will continue to fight for them, and for every citizen of this great nation.

Please stand with me, shoulder to shoulder, as I move forward. Please donate $2 now.

Thank you for your dedication to this campaign, and to a safer, more hopeful America.

Sincerely,

Ben Carson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 12:24 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Of course he isn't dropping out. That was a lie spread by Cruz's unethical group, just like with those in Islam, it is OK for them to lie or cheat if it promotes making their government and religion one.

Carson accuses Cruz camp of spreading false rumors on campaign suspension | Fox News

Cruz is lower than a snake's belly. All of us who knew that there was something that we couldn't put our finger on, know now. He's the slime off the snake's belly.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:09 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
If the well isn't dry yet, why stop pumping?

Old 02-03-2016, 08:15 AM

1,320 posts, read 1,535,379 times
They got their information from CNN.

Old 02-03-2016, 09:32 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Dr. Carson needs money to buy more suits . . . that's why.

Mick

Old 02-03-2016, 09:35 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,990,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Of course he isn't dropping out.
Of course not. Like Sarah Palin, if there are donations to be made, he's there to receive them. And like Palin, I expect him to start floating the idea of the "possibility" of another run sometime in 2019 to get another shot of cash.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:23 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Of course not. Like Sarah Palin, if there are donations to be made, he's there to receive them. And like Palin, I expect him to start floating the idea of the "possibility" of another run sometime in 2019 to get another shot of cash.
Out of over dozen other candidates running, many of which dont have a chance, but still running around raising money, you choose "Palin" to try to make a relevant comparison..

pretty sad..

Old 02-03-2016, 10:26 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Out of over dozen other candidates running, many of which dont have a chance, but still running around raising money, you choose "Palin" to try to make a relevant comparison..

pretty sad..
I'd say it's pretty apt. Love her or loathe her, she has shown herself as the nation's leading expert at extracting money by mostly failing at politics.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:31 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,990,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Because Palin is the current archetype of a Republican grifter, and will (I predict) continue to be so throughout our lifetimes. I can't think of anyone else who milks their supporters so ruthlessly, or who is so utterly incompetent.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:32 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I'd say it's pretty apt. Love her or loathe her, she has shown herself as the nation's leading expert at extracting money by mostly failing at politics.
So exactly how much has she "extracted" ? She ran for VP, not even President.

You guys dont have any problems though with people like Al Gore...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections