Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2016, 03:07 PM

33,582 posts, read 18,193,881 times

Advertisements

Cruz will reap what he sows.. corruption to corruption. lies to lies. Cruz lost my respect. It is atrocious to gain votes by lying. Cruz was informed from the Carson camp he was not dropping out. Cruz continued the lie and got many stolen votes by fraud and lies. I respected Cruz when he won. Was glad he won. Today I am losing faith in Cruz for being a blatant liar just to win. It wasn't worth it Cruz.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
You know we are arguing over the difference of one delegate?
It is more than that. It is a big blatant lie by Cruz to gain votes. We already have a liar in the White House. I don't want another.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:10 PM

524 posts, read 575,563 times
Trump should just put on his big boy pants. He got beat, because Cruz was better organized. Learn from it and move on.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:11 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,672,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Cruz will reap what he sows.. corruption to corruption. lies to lies. Cruz lost my respect. It is atrocious to gain votes by lying. Cruz was informed from the Carson camp he was not dropping out. Cruz continued the lie and got many stolen votes by fraud and lies. I respected Cruz when he won. Was glad he won. Today I am losing faith in Cruz for being a blatant liar just to win. It wasn't worth it Cruz.
Tremendous, accurate statement. My exact feelings regarding Cruz, and gang of many on his corrupt team.

SEE Bob Vander Plaats. A total Liar, IMO.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:12 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,878,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
It's the Above attitude that has gotten this Nation into the convoluted, Corrupt ditch WeThePeople find Now, in a DisHonest, Rotten Govenment situation.

Soon, your type attitude will Reap the loss of a former great nation your type have sown.

Yeah, right, it's no big deal, the lies, abusive behavior, etc. from the "Go along to get along, Corrupt politicians who Rule America. Yeah, right.
oh please. it doesnt matter what level of politics you are at, they are corrupt. show me one politician that isnt corrupt, or that is incorruptible. the problem is that you CANT. in fact lets get away from politics entirely, show me someone in ANY job, or career who claims to be incorruptible, and i will show you a liar. human beings are imperfect, and we will ALL take advantage of the rules of the game, be it politics, banking, hospitality, or what ever.

what you have to do is learn to see through the lies, and do the best one can to get the right people into office. but even then those people are going to be a compromise at best, especially since no one thinks the same way.

so stop bitching about trump losing, and get over it, and move on.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:15 PM

30,085 posts, read 18,694,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
So, what should happen with this complaint by Donald Trump? I Agree with Trump. I have witnessed much abuse by Ted Cruz and his Staff/ Team.

@realDonaldJTrump
"Based on the fraud committed by Senator Ted Cruz during the Iowa Caucus, either a new election should take place or Cruz results nullified."

1. Did Cruz order it?
2. Who propagated the rumor and to whom?
3. Is this a violation of the rules of the caucuses?

I think it is dirty and there should be some penalty. However, it depends on the rules of the party and the caucus.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I think you are making a leap here.

People saying that politics are dirty, and that Cruz's actions weren't illegal, are not approving of his behavior. People don't think that what he did was okay. And Cruz wouldn't have apologized and fired people if he thought it was okay.

While certainly there will be people who will vote for Cruz despite what happened, that doesn't mean that people approve of it.

People vote for the candidates that best represent their interests and priorities. People don't expect the candidates to be saints or angels. Because there are no saints or angels running for office.
Blatantly lying to voters at a caucus is a felony. This is voter fraud and is illegal. I want a true count of every person voting. Not manipulation with lies to get them to vote for a certain candidate and not for the one they wanted to vote for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_fraud

Old 02-03-2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
So? We all have free will and, when it comes down to casting your vote, you are the only person who can make that decision. Using this as an excuse is whiny, because everything we hear and see influences our vote. Even in a General Election, if I heard my candidate lost, I would still cast my vote.

I know this is a little off-topic, but it's a story I remember that makes me chuckle. In one of the Florida elections, the smoking ban was on the ballot. Over 70% of FL voters chose "yes" which was a wonderful surprise. Anyway, I was in line waiting to vote and the man in front of me said to his wife "Vote no on Question X" He ordered her to vote that way and even handed her one of those sample ballots and said "just follow what I checked."

The reason I mentioned this is many decades ago I remember when my Dad used to tell my mother exactly how to vote. She once whispered to me, "It's easier to smile and agree, but he doesn't need to know what goes on behind the curtain."
No ethics even at the caucus.. right .. we already have one liar in the white house.. I don't want another.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:26 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,672,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Blatantly lying to voters at a caucus is a felony. This is voter fraud and is illegal. I want a true count of every person voting. Not manipulation with lies to get them to vote for a certain candidate and not for the one they wanted to vote for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_fraud

Someone mentioned to me on Twitter that, Yes, it was a felony. Check the Bob Vander Plaats lying comments from Sunday.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,210,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I saw Trumps recent Twitter complaints referred to as a Trumpertantrum. I'm co-opting it, I'm sharing it and I am using it from now on. I am certain I will get MANY more opportunities!
Careful there. You could wear out the "T" on your keyboard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.