Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2016, 03:33 PM

33,588 posts, read 18,199,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
But Cruz WON, so they HAVE to gin this into a big deal, because getting rid of Trump and Cruz, clears the way for the establishment candidate. If Trump had won, there would not be a blip on the radar about this issue.
Cruz lost.. his lies will not make him a better candidate. I don't believe any means to an end. That is the Obama's creed.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:37 PM

33,588 posts, read 18,199,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
"Trump Tweets - Ted Cruz didn't win Iowa, he stole it."

This is what Trump is good for though and why I like him around. Aside from the Cruz dirty trick email, now folks who don't pay much attention to Iowa's political scene will learn what a total mess it is. And, hopefully Iowa will finally do something about it. It's 2016, not 1916.
Trump is saying what he believes ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI2OZuEn9YY

Old 02-03-2016, 03:38 PM

571 posts, read 1,319,665 times
One news source raised the notion that something like 250,000 people attended Trump rallies in Iowa but he got less than 50,000 votes. I have to admit, thst seems fishy. I have attended Trump (and other candidates) rallies in New Hampshire and those who attended were adamant in their support, not just curious folk.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:39 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,673,295 times
Had to search...but found the tweet per "felony"

#TedCruz just committed a felony with his fraudulent mail-out.
themarshallreport.wordpress.com/2016/01/31/did…

Old 02-03-2016, 03:41 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,917,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Blatantly lying to voters at a caucus is a felony. This is voter fraud and is illegal. I want a true count of every person voting. Not manipulation with lies to get them to vote for a certain candidate and not for the one they wanted to vote for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_fraud
The problem is you can't get a true count of every person voting.

Even if you could contact every person that signed in at the caucuses to ask whom they voted for (which is problematic on its face, since people are entitled to tell you it's none of your business), you have no way of determining if what they tell you is true or false.

More than that, you are making sweeping assumptions that the people attending the caucuses actually paid attention to Cruz's people, and changed their vote. Dr Carson actually did much better than any of the polls predicted, which suggests that people simply ignored the rumor, and did, indeed, vote for the person they wanted.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:42 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,536,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yinduffy View Post
One news source raised the notion that something like 250,000 people attended Trump rallies in Iowa but he got less than 50,000 votes. I have to admit, thst seems fishy. I have attended Trump (and other candidates) rallies in New Hampshire and those who attended were adamant in their support, not just curious folk.
Maybe it was mostly the same people attending the rallies again and again, like Grateful Dead groupies.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:47 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,957,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Use news sites... to confirm......... what............. you..................... hear

make it stop.... make it stop!

Let's all agree on using MSNBC to decide for us

God Save The Queen
Um, out of all the TV channels I've watched, Trump has appeared on MSNBC the most. In fact, Chuck Todd has interviewed him many times on "Meet The Press." Do you watch MSNBC or are you only making a negative comment based on what you've heard? "Morning Joe" is hosted by a former GOP Congressman who was very supportive of Trump when he boycotted the last debate. I was watching the show when he said "I don't think he had any choice." Here's a video from MSNBC saying "Trump won the night."

[url]http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/why-donald-trump-won-the-night-611389507731[/url]

I do agree that most news sites cannot be trusted since they are biased, and I often do not agree with the MSNBC hosts and commentators, but pointing your finger at one network shows you have your own prejudices and ideas about what is fair and balanced.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:48 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,094,953 times
[quote=MTQ3000;42878407]Mr. Trump will be fully utilizing all the tools in his arsenal, i.e., Twitter and lawsuits, to win Iowa!

Quote:
Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump on Wednesday said he would likely file a formal complaint over the results of the Iowa caucuses, accusing primary rival Ted Cruz of “voter fraud.”

“I probably will,” Trump said on Boston Herald Radio when asked if he would bring the matter to court, as first reported by BuzzFeed News."

Trump says he 'probably will' sue over results of Iowa caucuses | TheHill

Mick
Well, gee, who didn't see this coming? A narcissist who refuses to believe that everyone in the world doesn't love him as much as he loves himself.

And we can probably expect this same reaction every time he doesn't win a primary going forward.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:49 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,847,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
So, what should happen with this complaint by Donald Trump? I Agree with Trump. I have witnessed much abuse by Ted Cruz and his Staff/ Team.

@realDonaldJTrump
"Based on the fraud committed by Senator Ted Cruz during the Iowa Caucus, either a new election should take place or Cruz results nullified."

I am sure that the State GOP, and county GOP members will definitely be talking about this and determine whether the complaint by Carson warrants any specific action. There are PCOs and LD chairs that will definitely take this serious and will determine whether anything illegal or untoward was committed. They will be the first ones to get complaints from caucus attendees in their individual Legislative Districts.

This is not a National GOP party issue at this point. The local grassroots members of the GOP are the best place to start for making complaints and having those complaints investigated for validity.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:50 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,133,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yinduffy View Post
Apples and oranges, especially a caucus.

Not necessarily fishy, it speaks to the type of supporters he has perhaps?

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.