Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2016, 03:51 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,177,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Maybe it was mostly the same people attending the rallies again and again, like Grateful Dead groupies.
I vomited a little in my mouth when I thought what those groupies must look like now. The Grateful Dead groupies, that is.

Mick

Old 02-03-2016, 03:53 PM

1,166 posts, read 760,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Ted Cruz absolutely made false statements about Ben Carson the day of Iowa caucus and then later came out and publicly apologized. Will he be held accountable beyond that???

as for Donald Trump's comment? not sure what he's speaking about directly.

Hopefully Ted Cruz doesn't do well in the other states and will soon be eliminated.

I hope these lies and attempts to manipulate voters have exposed Cruz for the scumbag that he is. Somehow I doubt it though, the teavangelicals that vote for nutjobs like Cruz always find a way to ignore this kind of stuff and get back to the business of hating gays and wishing for a Christian based theocracy in the US.

100,259 posts, read 4,520,792 times
Trump would be wise to put Iowa in the rearview mirror and focus on winning in NH and beyond. Why keep voters' attention on Iowa which reminds them that you lost?

3,074 posts, read 4,742,310 times
Cruz will get all the money he needs to defend against Trump's lawsuit from Monsanto.

5,381 posts, read 2,860,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Since caucuses are strictly party events, I believe that the political parties pay for them, at least most of the time, rather than the state, and therefore taxpayers.

You are correct. Each County pays for their party's caucuses including renting the locations, making signage, hosting the event, set up and clean up that day, etc.

It is a HUGE undertaking and there will be no do-overs, even if Trump wants to pay for it.

14,268 posts, read 19,017,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No ethics even at the caucus.. right .. we already have one liar in the white house.. I don't want another.

Oh, then we definitely need someone honest like Donald Trump or Ted Cruz!

Old 02-03-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Ted Cruz absolutely made false statements about Ben Carson the day of Iowa caucus and then later came out and publicly apologized. Will he be held accountable beyond that???

as for Donald Trump's comment? not sure what he's speaking about directly.

Hopefully Ted Cruz doesn't do well in the other states and will soon be eliminated.

Ted Cruz did no such thing. You are absolutely making false statement about Ted Cruz.

Cruz' campaign tweeted out to their supporters a STORY FROM CNN, which stated that Carson was not going to NH or SC to campaign after Iowa. That is what was tweeted to the caucus goers supporting Cruz. In that tweet, the Cruz camp suggested that supporters pass along the CNN story and discuss with others at the caucus that they should consider supporting Cruz because he was in this election all the way!

Hey, the decision NOT to caucus for Carson is on the voter, not the messenger. I still caucused for a candidate that never had a single delegate in the 2008 election because I believed in the candidate and wanted him to win. You would not have been able to convince me otherwise.

Nothing that was done by the caucus attendees who support Cruz did anything wrong, other than taking a CNN report and using it to persuade some caucus goers to consider Cruz.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:58 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,678,653 times
Quote:
Blatantly lying to voters at a caucus is a felony. This is voter fraud and is illegal. I want a true count of every person voting. Not manipulation with lies to get them to vote for a certain candidate and not for the one they wanted to vote for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_fraud

Check out this link per Felony.

https://themarshallreport.wordpress....it-a-felony-2/

Old 02-03-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
That would work for the Republicans, but the Democrats don't use ballots so there's nothing to recount.

Maybe they should just flip a coin for each precinct. Seems Hilary is super lucky when there is a coin toss in the offing.

Old 02-03-2016, 04:05 PM

Quote:
It is more than that. It is a big blatant lie by Cruz to gain votes. We already have a liar in the White House. I don't want another.
So you are accusing CNN of colluding with the Cruz campaign? Because CNN made the report. The Cruz camp just tweeted what CNN reported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections