Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2016, 12:53 PM

33,610 posts, read 18,286,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Wait a minute... are you the same guy who has been making fun of Fox, saying they are biased, horrible reporters... and you are using Rove & Fox to defend your position? Flip Flop much?
Depends on who you watch.. yesterday, Bret Baier said half truths throughout his program, never mentioning the lies and Carson.. just ragged on Trump showing Cruz with insults.. Cruz is so dirty. Very Dirty. Glad I found out.

Of Course Trump challenged Fox News so they are ragging on Trump.. expected.. O'Reilly had on Rove who stated the facts I already knew about.. finally the truth..and it stands as the truth.

Old 02-04-2016, 12:53 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,017,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
The information came from Politistick:

[url=http://politistick.com/uh-oh-was-marco-rubio-guilty-in-the-ben-carson-dropout-rumor/]Uh Oh, Was Marco Rubio Guilty in the Ben Carson Dropout Rumor?[/url]
Well, the more I read, the more I blame Carson, nobody else. His actions throughout this entire campaign have been strange, but it was up to him to make things clear before he left Iowa. Whether or not Cruz stole the ball and ran with it isn't the issue, ethical or not. Anyone who has worked in a competitive field understands exactly what I mean.

"Contrary to false media reports, Dr. Ben Carson is not suspending his presidential campaign," Carson’s communications director Larry Ross said in a statement. After spending 18 consecutive days on the campaign trail, Dr. Carson needs to go home and get a fresh set of clothes."

What a lame excuse.

Old 02-04-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
If you were on your way to the polls to vote and someone told you "I heard candidate X was killed in a car accident earlier today" wouldn't you verify it before voting? Do you honestly believe that's why Cruz won?

The fact is that polls cannot be trusted because they question random people who aren't vetted and cannot be tracked. To this day I remember the look of shock on Ann Romney's face on election night in Nov 2012. So many people in my neighborhood in FL told me "Obama doesn't have a chance" because of all the Romney-Ryan signs on the lawns. Anyway, Karl Rove either lied or was really wrong (probably a little of both) yet you continue to rely on his judgment. It's as if people suddenly have amnesia when it's convenient.

I do agree that Cruz was probably unethical after what I've learned, but so what? Do you think that's the first time in politics a candidate or his campaign workers tried to sway people with prevarification and deception?
Facts are in.. it isn't Karl Roves judgement.. facts are facts.. he just put the facts out there.. can't handle the truth?
Many were first time voters..come on Nancy , you can do better than that.. blame the voters.. give me a break.. Ted Cruz says he is a Christian first.. do not bare false witness is one of the ten commandments.. Jesus commanded his followers to tell the truth! Cruz did not tell the truth and stole the votes from Ben Carson..pushing his poll numbers up..

You calling Ben Carson a liar?

Old 02-04-2016, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Well, the more I read, the more I blame Carson, nobody else. His actions throughout this entire campaign have been strange, but it was up to him to make things clear before he left Iowa. Whether or not Cruz stole the ball and ran with it isn't the issue, ethical or not. Anyone who has worked in a competitive field understands exactly what I mean.

"Contrary to false media reports, Dr. Ben Carson is not suspending his presidential campaign," Carson’s communications director Larry Ross said in a statement. After spending 18 consecutive days on the campaign trail, Dr. Carson needs to go home and get a fresh set of clothes."

What a lame excuse.
strange conclusion of blaming the guy who had his votes stolen... weird. So getting a fresh set of clothes means he is suspending his campaign even when his campaign communications director said he is not suspending his campaign... talk about a joke .. reading comprehension is needed by many.

Old 02-04-2016, 01:12 PM

4,301 posts, read 4,429,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Facts are in.. it isn't Karl Roves judgement.. facts are facts.. he just put the facts out there.. can't handle the truth?
Many were first time voters..come on Nancy , you can do better than that.. blame the voters.. give me a break.. Ted Cruz says he is a Christian first.. do not bare false witness is one of the ten commandments.. Jesus commanded his followers to tell the truth! Cruz did not tell the truth and stole the votes from Ben Carson..pushing his poll numbers up..

Carson is a liar. His story about him stabbing his friend is as made up as a politicians "faith".

Old 02-04-2016, 02:17 PM

62 posts, read 37,948 times
Finally, we have politicians who are willing to stand up to the puppet-like grip that the big PACs have on the presidential bid. These are the issues that leftists call "petulant" but isn't it good if someone sticks up for the quiet man?

Since when did people support cheaters??
Is this what our country has turned into?

It's time to let a political outsider have the White House, so we can let them have a shot.
Best one to do it....Trump!!

Old 02-04-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Carson is a liar. His story about him stabbing his friend is as made up as a politicians "faith".
oh. were you there?

Old 02-04-2016, 02:27 PM

42,732 posts, read 30,009,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodom28 View Post
Finally, we have politicians who are willing to stand up to the puppet-like grip that the big PACs have on the presidential bid. These are the issues that leftists call "petulant" but isn't it good if someone sticks up for the quiet man?

Since when did people support cheaters??
Is this what our country has turned into?

It's time to let a political outsider have the White House, so we can let them have a shot.
Best one to do it....Trump!!
Actually, Barack Obama was an outsider. Even though he'd been a Senator, he hadn't been one long enough to foster any deep relationships in the Senate, or in the federal government as a whole. And his political agenda wasn't shared by his fellow Democrats or by Republicans.

Trump has been busily alienating the people in our government who he would be depending upon to help him keep his promises to his supporters, he's been alienating our allies who he would be depending upon to help him achieve his foreign affair goals (you know, like defeating ISIS), he's been insulting Americans left and right (isn't one of the oft-repeated criticisms of Obama that he is divisive?--can't get much more divisive than Trump has been).

Old 02-04-2016, 02:37 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,017,340 times
Quote:

I am not blaming anyone or calling someone a liar. However, politics is a very dirty business. I'm sure you can find many quotes about politics that go back hundreds of years. Change that to thousands of years. Remember this famous line from Shakespeare? "Et tu, Brute?" Julius Caesar was assassinated in 44 BC

Anyway, in this case, the appropriate quote might be:

"Politics is the art of controlling your environment." - Hunter S. Thompson

Old 02-04-2016, 02:37 PM

4,301 posts, read 4,429,054 times
Quote:
oh. were you there?
That's the problem . . . no one was there because it never happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections