Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 10:47 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,859,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You are leaving out the fact that Carson informed everyone he was not getting out of the race, Dirty Trick Ted stole the votes that should have went to Carson .Carson should know what the truth is.
And you keep leaving out the facts that show that "Carson informed EVERYONE" Why do you keep perpetuating that lie? Because you KNOW Cruz did nothing wrong, so you have to manufacture false actions that NEVER happened. Why are you not holding Rubio to the same standard? You and Rove keep ignoring Rubio's same actions. Why?

Old 02-05-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Take your Hi IQ and go read the e-mails sent out.
Tell that to Trump, that was HIS tweet. That is HIS statement about HIS IQ

Old 02-05-2016, 10:55 AM

Quote:
There is no proof that he didn't steal any votes either, yet the actual "Cheat" suggests that he did steal votes. Remember, you don't need explicit evidence or claims, as long as you have the right way of "Looking at It" according to your own "way of looking" at things, that you keep using.

Like I said before. Lame excuses dude.
So in your world people are guilty until proven innocent and required to prove that they didn't do what they have been accused of? Are you in Iran or North Korea??

Old 02-05-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:
There is this thing called "Math." For every vote stolen from Carson, would be "DEDUCTED" from Cruz. Carson gets more Votes, Cruz would have less votes. Get it?

Cruz gets Less votes, he ranks less.
If this was true, where are all the Carson voter who are claiming that Cruz STOLE their votes???

crickets

Old 02-05-2016, 11:11 AM

89,673 posts, read 45,306,733 times
Quote:
That's a pretty Lame excuse. How much time did you spend making up that crap? Evidently it wasn't enough. You could do better than that.

Although you never explicitly say you admire "Cheaters," your post is "suggestive" that you do.
Yep. Maybe now they'll get it.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:19 AM

89,673 posts, read 45,306,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I don't think he has any standing for a lawsuit. He must assume that Carson would have gotten a lot more votes, which is doubtful. From what I have learned, Cruz's tweet didn't go out till just hours before the caucus. How many people got the tweet?
His precinct captains got the tweet from Cruz's campaign, then promptly announced it to their precinct voters at caucus to try to convince them to vote for Cruz instead of Carson.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:07 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,350,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I understand that, but the problem, for me, is that Carson doesn't appear to have lost any votes. He out-performed all the predictions. What Trump seems to be saying is that he lost by proxy, and without any evidence that Carson lost any votes, Trumps complaints ring hollow, and each time he repeats his complaints, it lacks integrity.
I agree 100%. I was just trying to explain it from Trump logic, which most/many people know is faulty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
His precinct captains got the tweet from Cruz's campaign, then promptly announced it to their precinct voters at caucus to try to convince them to vote for Cruz instead of Carson.
Does anyone have a time line on when this happen? At the beginning, middle or end of the caucus?

Old 02-05-2016, 12:31 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,856,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
He's really beginning to look like an idiot.

Here's what one writer had to say, and I really tend to agree with this: Articles: The Tweet Heard ?Round the World
Great screed, thanks!

Although I will say Trump has looked like an idiot to me for years. His campaign is just reinforcing that opinion.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:35 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,245,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Dr Carson's campaign is who released the information that rather than heading to New Hampshire he was going home to Florida. While this didn't explicitly say that he was quitting the race, it was suggestive, and in the context of the campaigns, which closely track each other's numbers and funding, the fact is that Dr Carson's polling numbers have been fading, his donations have been falling, he's been spending more than he's taking in, so his war chest is dwindling, and these are all signs of a faltering campaign. In that context, a candidate not heading to the next battleground, but heading home, is very suggestive.

Dr Carson only realized after releasing his itinerary that it could be misunderstood as him suspending his campaign, and he tried to correct this misapprehension, but when you release ambiguous information just prior to the caucuses opening, trying to clarify what you meant while people are actually in the process of caucusing is extremely difficult.

The thing is, Dr Carson out-performed his polling numbers in the Iowa caucuses. There is no evidence that anyone changed their vote away from Carson to another candidate. No evidence of that happening at all.

Trump used this to damage Cruz quite effectively. But this is not an ethical victory for Trump. Trump is keenly aware that Carson got more votes than he was projected to. So it wasn't Carson's supporters that went to Cruz. It was just Trump's supposed supporters who went to Cruz. Trump's implication otherwise is just as unethical as Cruz's actions.
You can figure this out, I can, but his supporters never will. They can't seem to understand there is no way of knowing if Trump would have won or if Dr Carson was hurt in any way. Of course Cruz should have acted quicker, I certainly have little respect for him, but to claim he cost Trump Iowa is sour grapes.

It is interesting to see, both conservatives and liberals here see Trump probably lost nothing, but his supporters will always think only liberals are picking on Trump.

Last edited by nmnita; 02-05-2016 at 12:44 PM..

Old 02-05-2016, 04:27 PM

13,560 posts, read 10,422,506 times
What a sore loser. Trump's response it seems is to just double down on things and never back off.

What ever happened to picking one's battles?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections