Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 11:02 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,993,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Nothing Cruz' campaign did was fraudulent or underhanded.
Wrong as usual.

Ted Cruz

Quote:
After seeing the mailers, Iowa’s secretary of state, Paul Pate, issued a statement condemning Cruz’s tactic:
“Today I was shown a piece of literature from the Cruz for President campaign that misrepresents the role of my office, and worse, misrepresents Iowa election law. Accusing citizens of Iowa of a “voting violation” based on Iowa Caucus participation, or lack thereof, is false representation of an official act. There is no such thing as an election violation related to frequency of voting. Any insinuation or statement to the contrary is wrong and I believe it is not in keeping in the spirit of the Iowa Caucuses.
Additionally, the Iowa Secretary of State’s Office never “grades” voters. Nor does the Secretary of State maintain records related to Iowa Caucus participation. Caucuses are organized and directed by the state political parties, not the Secretary of State, nor local elections officials. Also, the Iowa Secretary of State does not “distribute” voter records. They are available for purchase for political purposes only, under Iowa Code.”
Quote:
After looking at several mailers posted online, I was more curious about how the Cruz campaign came up with its scores. On all the mailers I saw, every voter listed had only one of three possible scores: fifty-five per cent, sixty-five per cent, or seventy-five per cent, which translate to F, D, and C grades, respectively. Iowans take voting pretty seriously. Why was it that nobody had a higher grade?

In Iowa, although voter-registration information is free and available to the public, voter history is not. That information is maintained by the secretary of state, who licenses it to campaigns, super PACs, polling firms, and any other entity that might want it. So was the Cruz campaign accurately portraying the voter histories of Iowans? Or did it simply make up the numbers?

It seems to have made them up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2016, 11:04 AM

6,619 posts, read 5,017,874 times
Carson and Cruz pull the same evangelical vote, most of those Carson votes would have gone directly to Cruz, I doubt there is a chance in hell that the votes get retallied but it does open a crack on Cruz's character or his narrative of being above the fray of politics, it shows that he is not above politics as usual trickery, that notion can hurt him over time.
A funny theory I heard is that because the caucus is not a secret vote some people were embarrassed to vote for Trump or didn't want that to define them in view of their neighbors.

Old 02-03-2016, 11:11 AM

20,127 posts, read 16,179,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Carson and Cruz pull the same evangelical vote, most of those Carson votes would have gone directly to Cruz, I doubt there is a chance in hell that the votes get retallied but it does open a crack on Cruz's character or his narrative of being above the fray of politics, it shows that he is not above politics as usual trickery, that notion can hurt him over time.
A funny theory I heard is that because the caucus is not a secret vote some people were embarrassed to vote for Trump or didn't want that to define them in view of their neighbors.
Why would anyone vote for a person if they felt it would be embarrassing if their friend and/neighbors found out about it? That is a clear indication you shouldn't be voting for that person, if there ever was one. Sheesh.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:04 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,540,212 times
Reality show clown, running for president. Idiocracy has arrived, 480 years ahead of schedule.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:18 PM

22,196 posts, read 19,481,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Wrong as usual.

Ted Cruz
The S.O.S from what I have read has slammed it, but stopped short of calling it fraud or illegal. Underhanded absolutely, but its less clear if it was fraud or anything illegal.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:19 PM

25,974 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I could never figure out how anyone could honestly draw that Carson was leaving the campaign, of course, it has been established that Cruz isn't honest and now that he would have no problem with his employees acting in an unprofessional manner. Anyone in their right mind and anyone following Christian values would have verified a story before spreading it. All Cruz spreads in the first place is horse manure.

From this, you can tell that Carson quitting the race was a HUGE stretch: Trevor Loudon's New Zeal Blog » CNN, NOT Cruz staff, responsible for Ben Carson campaign suspension ‘rumor’
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections