Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 08:25 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Carson has watched Cruz assimilate most of his support over the last couple of months. That has to be really disappointing and exasperating, especially after such a strong start.

If Ben Carson wants to somehow get back into this race, the path for him to do that is to get those former supporters back from Cruz. They already know what Carson believes and thinks on the issues, and they decided to change candidates anyway, so more of that is not going to get it done. All that is left is for Carson is to go negative as hard as he can, or to get out of the race.

Unfortunately for Ben, this little kerfuffle is not the stuff from which these sort of epic campaign turnarounds are made. He should certainly stay in as long as he wants, but the writing is on the wall. We all know how this is going to finish for him in the end.
That is partially because of Ben's stance on ISIS/ISLS which was rather weak and immature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2016, 08:26 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,234,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Jimmy Carter had a lot of character and we saw what kind of President he was.

Character is important. That's why as a Democrat, I am not super comfortable with Hillary. However, evangelicals really need to stop treating the POTUS election like they are electing a church pastor. The President of the United States is not that, and needs certain experience and qualifications for the job. They need to stop jumping behind candidates just because they are "good people and love Jesus." That may be so, but that doesn't qualify them to be President of the United States.

Agree.

Old 02-03-2016, 08:29 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,408,541 times
In Colorado there has been no mention of Carson in weeks.
It is like he didnt exist until he left to get some clothes in Florida.

Old 02-03-2016, 08:31 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,408,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Jimmy Carter had a lot of character and we saw what kind of President he was.

Character is important. That's why as a Democrat, I am not super comfortable with Hillary. However, evangelicals really need to stop treating the POTUS election like they are electing a church pastor. The President of the United States is not that, and needs certain experience and qualifications for the job. They need to stop jumping behind candidates just because they are "good people and love Jesus." That may be so, but that doesn't qualify them to be President of the United States.
You're smart... with a brain.
You could be my drinkin' buddy.
I like you.

Old 02-03-2016, 08:35 PM

15,537 posts, read 10,518,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The fact is, Carson doesn't stand a chance of being the candidate and never has, for many assorted reasons.
So. What the heck difference does that make. He's giving people a heads up as to what has been going on inside this race. The more we know the better.

Old 02-03-2016, 08:54 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,847,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
He has lied about a number of things.
Carson's worst lie is blaming Ted Cruz for his turnout in Iowa. At a Presser today, he admits the news of him leaving the campaign came from his own people. And I haven't seen him apologize to Ted Cruz - yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_uFMktlV3k

Old 02-03-2016, 09:11 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,738,003 times
I personally don't understand why Iowa is such a big deal. It has a lousy record of picking up winners who turned out to be big losers.

Let the Cruz supporters bask in the euphoria for a week longer, will you?

Old 02-03-2016, 09:41 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,847,656 times
Ben Carson's N.H. super PAC staffers quit to volunteer for Ted Cruz: report - Washington Times

Old 02-03-2016, 09:48 PM

782 posts, read 1,088,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
I personally don't understand why Iowa is such a big deal. It has a lousy record of picking up winners who turned out to be big losers.

Let the Cruz supporters bask in the euphoria for a week longer, will you?
I guess we can be graceful for a few days.

Old 02-04-2016, 04:18 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,738,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
I guess we can be graceful for a few days.
Yep. NH will teach Cruz a lesson or two, just wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections