Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Sanders in the national election?
Yes, absolutely! 81 73.64%
Not a chance! 17 15.45%
I'd write in my vote for someone else/ Make a protest vote 6 5.45%
Not sure. 6 5.45%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 09:55 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,967,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Nope

I like him a lot, as a person. And he is a decent politician. But this country is not healthy financially and economically, his economic plan will be a total disaster. So no.

I chose : Not a chance. Guess I am the only one.
Tthis country is not healthy financially and economically exactly because we have policies are contrary to Sanders' views. We have the richest taking more and more of national income.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 09:58 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,963,752 times
Quote:
Nope

I like him a lot, as a person. And he is a decent politician. But this country is not healthy financially and economically, his economic plan will be a total disaster. So no.

And continuing what we've been doing for the past 36 years is going to make it better?

Old 02-04-2016, 10:02 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,148,098 times
The real question is whether Sander's supporters will support Hillary if she gets the nomination. They are very loudly and proudly anti-Hillary at this point. Will they actually eat crow if necessary? That shucking and jiving will be fun to watch!

Old 02-04-2016, 10:02 AM

39,246 posts, read 27,650,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
And continuing what we've been doing for the past 36 years is going to make it better?
huh? Not voting for sanders is saying continuing what we've been doing for the past 36 years is going to make it better? Who knew?

I've never voted anybody in democratic or repubican party. But then again, I once voted once after I became legal age. Third party.

I answered a simple question op asked. Not interested in a debate.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:03 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,148,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Tthis country is not healthy financially and economically exactly because we have policies are contrary to Sanders' views. We have the richest taking more and more of national income.
Wait a second. After literally years of you bragging, stumping, and slobbering over Barack Obama's alleged economic success, you turn tail and run from that position with this post? After years of intellectually dishonest and fundamentally disingenuous charts, diagrams, economic articles, and downright lies and distortions, you magically find solace in Bernie Sanders economic policies? After years of literally lobbying for All Things Barack Hussein Obama™ you slither out from your rock and imply that you were just kidding?

Yep, liberalism is a mental disease. Someone should take your guns. And fully discredit anything you say from this point forward.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:03 AM

677 posts, read 654,176 times
Would I vote for him? He is the only candidate on either side who deserves to be president and whom I would trust as president. The question is would I vote for Hillary if she is our candidate? And the answer there, is I wouldn't like but yes I would, as she is VASTLY superior to any republican option. [MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-04-2016 at 04:15 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 02-04-2016, 10:04 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,952,341 times
Quote:
Nope

Yeah, obviously we need to give even more TRILLIONS in made up money to less than 1% of the population via bailouts and quantitative easing. The "too big to fail" banks need to control even more of our economy.

It doesn't matter that the incomes for 90% of the American population are in stagnation or decline. It doesn't matter that consumer spending constitutes 70% of our GDP and economy. We need to keep funneling TRILLIONs to a fraction of the population, who generally hoards, and keep the financial power structure in place.

More bailouts!
More corruption!
More collusion!

Don't stop until the US is just another "banana republic"!

Building the largest middle class in the history of the World was just a glitch in American history.

Bernie is the ONLY major candidate not funded and supported by Goldman Sachs. We should realize that, and not disagree with Goldman-who has funded/supported every elected President in recent memory. Goldman likes Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz the most-those choices should be good enough.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:06 AM

39,246 posts, read 27,650,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Yeah, obviously we need to give even more TRILLIONS in made up money to less than 1% of the population via bailouts and quantitative easing. The "too big to fail" banks need to control even more of our economy.

It doesn't matter that the incomes for 90% of the American population are in stagnation or decline. It doesn't matter that consumer spending constitutes 70% of our GDP and economy. We need to keep funneling TRILLIONs to a fraction of the population, who generally hoards, and keep the financial power structure in place.

More bailouts!
More corruption!
More collusion!
see my post number 14

my biggest mistake: didn't read this part

To democrats

Old 02-04-2016, 10:07 AM

50,906 posts, read 24,413,204 times
I would reluctantly vote for Sanders.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:08 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,585,626 times
I am an independent that currently leans conservative, so I didn't vote.
I've watched Sanders, and respect his commitment and integrity, but have real concerns about him.
Besides all the free stuff, he seems so light on many policies. For example at the town hall last night victim of the Boston bombing asked him about protecting Americans from terrorism here, and he said he was for bringing in refugees from terrorist countries, but would make sure they were scrutinized really well.

But our officials have said repeatedly there is no way we can vet these refugees adequately. No follow up from Anderson.
Had same generic safe-type answer on how to stop police profiling of blacks.
They just let Sanders get away with these lightweight answers. No details or specificity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections