Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 01:37 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,691,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
that's all good but he needs to at least give some specifics in what he wants to do. We are not talking about cesspool here ,we are talking much much bigger as in what affects the whole country.
Watch him on Sunday mornings on the various punditry TV shows. He has given far more detail than any of the other candidates IMO.

But in order to listen to him, one first has to get beyond counting chairs in arenas in attempt to show that he doesn't have support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2016, 01:56 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,888,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Watch him on Sunday mornings on the various punditry TV shows. He has given far more detail than any of the other candidates IMO.

But in order to listen to him, one first has to get beyond counting chairs in arenas in attempt to show that he doesn't have support.
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you watched others being interviewed? I have to admit, I don't see all the morning shows as we are usually in church. Some we tape, but when we get home we watch the later ones. He has given almost no details on anything except to let us know he is friends with everybody including Nancy P and has worked with her and how everyone is really very nice, just not as bright as he is!!!!!

Old 02-08-2016, 02:01 PM

26,577 posts, read 14,480,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You really ask how a cesspool guy is going to "repair" a cesspool?
yes. ( if i had a cesspool ).

same way i discuss auto repairs with my mechanic before he begins. you don't?

Quote:
You are not addressing process on the food. What you're getting in a restaurant is on the menu along with the price.
correct, i can see exactly what i'm getting and it's cost. what trump is currently offering is the equivalent of opening the menu and only seeing the word "food".

Quote:
Why do you think a wall would be harder to build than a skyscraper just because it's longer?
terrain, material transportation, workforce, private property/public domain lawsuits, utilities ( it would require electrical if you want lighting and/or sensors ) , effective design are all concerns i can think of off the top of my head.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:50 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,432,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
It's called a stump speech. It gets updated with new material as events happen. How many full event speeches have you listened to for all of the other candidates? You only know about Trump's because his are the ones where you can listen to the whole thing and all of them are on video.

Let me ask you some more questions. When your cesspool overflows, do you ask the cesspool guy for a blow by blow description of how he's going to fix it? How about the accountant who does your taxes, do you ask him before he does your taxes for his process? How about the guy/woman who dry cleans your clothes? Do they explain to you how the job will be done or do you just know the outcome to expect? When you order a meal in a nice restaurant, do you ask the chef to come out and tell you the details of how the food prep was done?

Donald Trump is a businessman. He builds things, he's in real estate. He tells you what the end product will be. He does not tell people the blow by blow description of how he will accomplish it. People's expectations are based not on process but on his reputation and his visible accomplishments. All of this "tell me how you are going to do it?" is foreign to him as it would be to most business people.

For example, after seeing his buildings do you really think building a wall is a big challenge? Does he really have to talk bricks, steel, property rights and finance with the voting public?
Horrible analogy.

The American people are not Trump's potential clients, they're his potential EMPLOYERS.

You think employers don't ask detailed questions during the interview process? What do you think these debates are all about?

Old 02-08-2016, 03:12 PM

27,219 posts, read 46,804,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Horrible analogy.

The American people are not Trump's potential clients, they're his potential EMPLOYERS.

You think employers don't ask detailed questions during the interview process? What do you think these debates are all about?
I agree the people are not his employees but I DON'T AGREE WITH THE EMPLOYER either.

If we are Obama's employer than we would be able to fire him!

Laura C is right. It is not about every step of the process but the end result and to get there with the best and easiest way without giving up too much.

Negotiating the best deal often means that both sides have to give in a little bit as long as when it comes to the US and a foreign Country the US is getting the best part of the deal. Right now Trump is right we are always on the losing end of the deal and Obama's government is making the worst deals!

Old 02-08-2016, 03:21 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,432,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I agree the people are not his employees but I DON'T AGREE WITH THE EMPLOYER either.

If we are Obama's employer than we would be able to fire him!

Laura C is right. It is not about every step of the process but the end result and to get there with the best and easiest way without giving up too much.

Negotiating the best deal often means that both sides have to give in a little bit as long as when it comes to the US and a foreign Country the US is getting the best part of the deal. Right now Trump is right we are always on the losing end of the deal and Obama's government is making the worst deals!

You had your chance to fire him, in 2012. Sorry, but city-data right-wingers aren't the only "employers" who get a say in deciding who our President will be.

Trump Apologists have no shortage of excuses, don't they? Can you imagine any other candidate getting away with the vague gibberish Trump passes off as policy? Not a chance.

Last edited by RaymondChandlerLives; 02-08-2016 at 03:30 PM..

Old 02-08-2016, 03:46 PM

26,577 posts, read 14,480,473 times
Quote:
Other videos show it way way more than 1/2 full.
once again, i refer anyone who is interested in the facts to watch the unedited panning shot of the entire arena during trump's speech to see for themselves ( available on the OP link ). the arena is clearly half empty.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:22 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,691,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
once again, i refer anyone who is interested in the facts to watch the unedited panning shot of the entire arena during trump's speech to see for themselves ( available on the OP link ). the arena is clearly half empty.
How do you know it wasn't edited? You keep citing seated capacity as applying when most people are standing shoulder to shoulder.

Trump's crowds are not shrinking as the OP claims. And there is no other candidate these days that holds an event with even a 10th of many of these crowds.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:43 PM

14,506 posts, read 20,708,558 times
Quote:
How do you know it wasn't edited? You keep citing seated capacity as applying when most people are standing shoulder to shoulder.

Trump's crowds are not shrinking as the OP claims. And there is no other candidate these days that holds an event with even a 10th of many of these crowds.
Trump thinks if he has 4 events in a state and each crowd is 15,000 it means he'll get 60,000 votes and that is all he needs to do in that state. Not true. He needs to be touring the state in a bus and stopping at small businesses to shake hands and talk to people. His speeches at events are the same everywhere he goes.

Old 02-08-2016, 06:02 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,964,593 times
More impressive will be Mr. Trump's success in winning the primaries, starting with New Hampshire tomorrow.

Everyone has to recognize the man is talented at drawing large crowds to hear him speak. The big question is: will they all vote for him.

I am expecting Mr. Trump to win in New Hampshire tomorrow. His crowd turnout is only of secondary importance. If Trump does win tomorrow, his campaign will be energized with new life and the other GOP candidates should be worried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections