Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 06:35 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,578,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
once again, i refer anyone who is interested in the facts to watch the unedited panning shot of the entire arena during trump's speech to see for themselves ( available on the OP link ). the arena is clearly half empty.

You also seem to fail in not posting that other News Reports are questioning the Photos that Tabloid provided. They said the photos where taken before the event started as the people where filtering in, and while they waited for Trump, who was 2 hours late to appear. The people that operate the place said it was a record crowd even though a head count was not taken, nor was it important.

Its amazing how much some folks are desperate enough to just look for anything to clutch to, even if it doesn't amount to a hill of beans. Who cares how many folks appear to see some one. No one is handing out voting tickets. Some of you folks need to get a life. Trump is just taking over your lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2016, 06:41 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,578,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
More impressive will be Mr. Trump's success in winning the primaries, starting with New Hampshire tomorrow.

Everyone has to recognize the man is talented at drawing large crowds to hear him speak. The big question is: will they all vote for him.

I am expecting Mr. Trump to win in New Hampshire tomorrow. His crowd turnout is only of secondary importance. If Trump does win tomorrow, his campaign will be energized with new life and the other GOP candidates should be worried.

I think its amazing what he has done, as a non Politician, and with his own Money. He is still the top game in town. I don't know which group spends more time talking about him. Hid fans or his obsessed haters, who have Trump on their minds 24/7. Just can't wait to see what they come up with next.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:34 PM

26,579 posts, read 14,474,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How do you know it wasn't edited?
because it's one continuous shot.

for you to suggest it may be edited means either you didn't watch it or you don't know what editing is.

Quote:
You keep citing seated capacity as applying when most people are standing shoulder to shoulder.
a venue's max capacity is the same whether people are sitting or standing. there are people standing shoulder to shoulder near the stage but dissipate as you get further back on the floor and there are large chunks of the arena seating clearly empty. this is all easily seen in the video.

Quote:
Trump's crowds are not shrinking as the OP claims.
great, good for him. but they are not the size he claims they are.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
You also seem to fail in not posting that other News Reports are questioning the Photos that Tabloid provided.
did you see the video?

Quote:
They said the photos where taken before the event started as the people where filtering in,....
the video was taken during the speech. it pans 360 degrees getting the entire arena. trump can be heard the entire time giving his speech and seen as the camera pans past the stage.

Quote:
Who cares how many folks appear to see some one.
obviously donald trump does.

he's the one that has consistently felt the need to lie and boost the numbers.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:30 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,650,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Once again, Trump appears to have only filled about half of his rally venue. This time, it was in South Carolina:

Trump calls politicians stupid at Florence rally - SCNow: News
I've thought about this all along, and I think many people turned out to see him because of his "celebrity" factor; it's free admission, isn't it? Some people elevate those who have been on TV or in film to completely unrealistic heights due to the "magic medium" of the big screen. It's a way to get a photo to put on Facebook -- to be able to say you "met" DONALD TRUMP!! WOW!

Oh, God...

Old 02-09-2016, 04:20 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Quote:
because it's one continuous shot.
So you don't know if it was edited or not.

Max Capacity for events where people are not seated is determined by the fire marshal & building manager. They already stated there were more than 11,000 there.

Since you don't believe anything that Trump says anyway, I won't argue that point with you. I completely support your right to hold whatever opinion you might have on the matter.

As for the premise of the OP, Trumps crowds are not shrinking and he isn't trying to hide anything.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:58 AM

Quote:
So you don't know if it was edited or not.
wrong. editing requires multiple shots to be cut together. one continuous shot does not equal multiple.

Quote:
Max Capacity for events where people are not seated is determined by the fire marshal & building manager.
venue capacity is set by the fire marshall following building codes, not the building manager.

Quote:
They already stated there were more than 11,000 there.
that wasn't the fire marshall, trump lied or was misinformed about that.

Quote:
Since you don't believe anything that Trump says anyway, ....
if it can be supported by facts i'll believe it. if not then no, i do not believe something dependent completely on trump's word. he's shown a long history saying easily disproved BS.

Quote:
I completely support your right to hold whatever opinion you might have on the matter.
we're not arguing opinion we're arguing the facts of a half-empty arena. my evidence is a complete unedited video of the arena and the posted venue capacity for the venue. what's your evidence?

Quote:
As for the premise of the OP, Trumps crowds are not shrinking and he isn't trying to hide anything.
that's actually something we could check. start looking into the attendance numbers, both trump claimed and 3rd party, and see if the numbers are going up, down or staying consistent.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
... it's free admission, isn't it?
yes.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:19 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Quote:
wrong. editing requires multiple shots to be cut together. one continuous shot does not equal multiple.

venue capacity is set by the fire marshall following building codes, not the building manager.

that wasn't the fire marshall, trump lied or was misinformed about that.

if it can be supported by facts i'll believe it. if not then no, i do not believe something dependent completely on trump's word. he's shown a long history saying easily disproved BS.

we're not arguing opinion we're arguing the facts of a half-empty arena. my evidence is a complete unedited video of the arena and the posted venue capacity for the venue. what's your evidence?

that's actually something we could check. start looking into the attendance numbers, both trump claimed and 3rd party, and see if the numbers are going up, down or staying consistent.
Lets see

1. Opinion
  2. So what is the capacity for people standing?
  3. Why would the building manager violate the fire code?
  4. Irrelevant
  5. You have provided opinion that it was 1/2 empty. That has been disproved.
  6. Please do.
We all get that you hold bad opinion of Trump. But you haven't proven that Trump to hide is crowd size, nor have you proven that his crowds are shrinking.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Opinion
that's not an opinion! unless you are blind you can see it is a solid continuous uncut/unedited piece of video panning the arena 360 degrees.

Quote:
So what is the capacity for people standing?
you tell me. you're the one claiming there is a secret secondary maximum capacity for standing people.

Quote:
Why would the building manager violate the fire code?
he didn't, the arena is clearly half-empty.

Quote:
You have provided opinion that it was 1/2 empty.
video evidence is not opinion! published maximum capacity numbers is not opinion!

Quote:
That has been disproved.
wrong.

Quote:
Please do.
working on it but would love some help. i'm looking for a list of trump rallies ( open to the public ), either a derict head-count from a venue official or estimated attendance from a third party and finally trump's claim for attendance for each event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections