Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 11:45 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,672,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Or you didnt read them
On the Republican side, Trump leads with 34 percent, 2 percentage points down from Monday’s poll. Trailing Trump are Florida Sen. Marco Rubio (15 percent), Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (14 percent), Ohio Gov. John Kasich and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (8 percent) and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (5 percent).

Read more: New Hampshire tracking poll: Rivals gain on Trump, Sanders - POLITICO
Don't try to pull a "fast one" pal. I didn't post National polling. I posted latest poll on the New Hampshire GOP candidates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I think Trump may have cold feet and might just be trying to sabotage his own campaign.

I promise you, my friends and I were thinking exactly that, last night, while discussing the blatantly Stupid moves, stuff Trump is saying and doing, which looks suspicious, and Damning to his candidacy.

Not staying in NH, mouthing the F word, I mean, it is Sad, and appears he doesn't want the nomination, Now.

Old 02-06-2016, 12:33 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,544,446 times
Quote:
I think Trump may have cold feet and might just be trying to sabotage his own campaign.
I think he entered the race mostly as a lark. Then along the way he got addicted to the headiness of the media attention and the adulation of the rally crowds, began to think he could easily walk away the big winner.
Iowa and reality happened and now he's over it. Self-awareness isn't his strong suit so he can't think clearly enough to make a solid decision about where to go from here on out.
Yes, he's trying to sabotage the whole thing but right now it's still an unconscious process.

Old 02-06-2016, 12:46 PM

39,246 posts, read 27,645,276 times
He acknowledged Tuesday that may have backfired. "I think some people were disappointed that I didn't go into the debate," Trump said in New Hampshire.

I personally believe Trump made a mistake by skipping the debate. This and Palin endorsement would be the last straw for me. This being said, I am still undecided.

If it is Hillary vs Trump, that would be an easy choice for me. I would go with Mr. Trump.

Old 02-06-2016, 01:04 PM

5,069 posts, read 8,606,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Trump has a lot riding on the debate tonight. If he reins in his nasty-boy self he will turn off some of his fans and if he double downs on his nasty-boy self then he'll turn off people who haven't been paying attention until now. Either way, he's slipping. He doesn't have the temperament to run for president, much less be one.
The rest of the world hopes you're right.

Old 02-06-2016, 01:30 PM

25,978 posts, read 22,164,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
So funny you say that, lady. If Anyone is repeating themself and saying the same thing over and over...and over Again, tis you, ma'am

Thanks for the Laugher.
That is actually called "consistency" rather than one day I wake up and hate Trump and the next day wake up and love him. I am just not fickled. I pick a winner and stick with them!

Quote:
As I said, Trump losing ground in NH. New CNN Poll just out - Trump's lead drops.

Trump 28%

Rubio 17%.

Cruz 14%
I'm guessing by this point, you realize not many here are concerned about this.

Quote:
I don't think Rubio can beat Clinton.
Rubio couldn't beat his way out of a paper bag unless he had a puppet master there directing him on what moves to make!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueyedCat View Post
No; he can't. I agree. That's why the "establishment" is pulling so hard for him. He's a puppet all the way around.
"HUGE" puppet. I don't think the man has ever had a thought of his own not to mention a traitor to Bush. I bet he will regret that in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I completely disagree. He may be the one GOP candidate that can seriously beat Hillary.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Rubio vs. Clinton
Given the choice between Rubio and Clinton, I vote Clinton. A bitter pill to swallow but the better of the two.

Quote:
I promise you, my friends and I were thinking exactly that, last night, while discussing the blatantly Stupid moves, stuff Trump is saying and doing, which looks suspicious, and Damning to his candidacy.

Not staying in NH, mouthing the F word, I mean, it is Sad, and appears he doesn't want the nomination, Now.
All I can say is

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
He acknowledged Tuesday that may have backfired. "I think some people were disappointed that I didn't go into the debate," Trump said in New Hampshire.

I personally believe Trump made a mistake by skipping the debate. This and Palin endorsement would be the last straw for me. This being said, I am still undecided.

If it is Hillary vs Trump, that would be an easy choice for me. I would go with Mr. Trump.
Agree on Hillary vs Trump, definitely Trump gets my vote. I have a definite path, 1st choice is Trump and would be Carson if he were doing better, next would be Sanders if he would get the nomination. Hillary against Rubio or Cruz and Hillary gets my vote.

Old 02-06-2016, 01:49 PM

6,233 posts, read 3,615,881 times
This is absurd. Can anyone else remember a presidential election where a candidate was written off for coming in second in the very first state to vote? Based on the demographics, Trump was never expected to win Iowa. It was only a couple of days before the caucus that the media started blaring these polls of him up a few points. Everyone was surprised by that, so it gave Trump supporters hope, but no one ever said Iowa was a lock for him and even if it was, that is no precedent for becoming the nominee.

Old 02-06-2016, 02:38 PM

11,848 posts, read 5,823,197 times
Kapha - the Trump haters do not see the logic of a first time candidate coming in 2nd in front of established career politicians as nothing to sneeze at. They're so wrapped up in the hate Trump fest that they don't think. Don't try to talk sense to them because it's hidden behind anger directed at a guy who never did anything to them.

Best to ignore the extremists, of which there are many, and have a good discussion with the few who although they dislike Trump can discuss without acting like a child.

Old 02-06-2016, 03:31 PM

33,582 posts, read 18,193,881 times
Quote:

The media is portraying Trump In a bad light. They could have praised Trump for going after Cruz because Cruz cheated to get more votes. But the media wants to take Trump down since the beginning.

Trump will be ground down by the negative slant and if WE THE PEOPLE IGNORE it and realize they want Bush, or puppet boy Rubio we will win.. They will try every day to keep the wheels of corruption going and pick there winners and losers. The corruption is deep and Trump knows it and they are afraid of him.

Old 02-06-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The media is portraying Trump In a bad light. They could have praised Trump for going after Cruz because Cruz cheated to get more votes. But the media wants to take Trump down since the beginning.

Trump will be ground down by the negative slant and if WE THE PEOPLE IGNORE it and realize they want Bush, or puppet boy Rubio we will win.. They will try every day to keep the wheels of corruption going and pick there winners and losers. The corruption is deep and Trump knows it and they are afraid of him.

What does Any of that...have to do with my point, that Trump is not acting like an aggressive candidate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections