Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 09:01 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I think we may be seeing the end of a certain type of feminism with Hillary in the running. Young women do NOT feel obligated for vote for her simply because she's a woman. And every time someone like Gloria Steinem suggests they do, she (or he) exposes feminism for what it really is: reverse sexism.
It is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 03:59 AM

316 posts, read 214,753 times
Some of these comments are as laughable as the female millennials telling everyone to vote for Bernie. Yea saying one will go to torment by not voting for a woman is bad but so is voting for Bernie to keep you from looking like a feminist.
I would like to see a woman President, but every time one runs it turns into anti-feminist/ feminist woman-have no common sense- thing from both sides much like Obama and vote for a minority thing.I don' t go by gender or race. It didn't help Palin or Hillary in 2008 nor will it help now. You also have to consider, though no candidates are hardly spring chickens, Bernie will be near 80 at the end of the first term.
And I certainly don't need a millennial, feminist, or anyone telling me who to vote for. So please stop thinking I have no sense to make my own choices.

Old 02-17-2016, 09:33 AM

350 posts, read 416,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Between Whitewater, the Vince Foster "suicide," Janet Reno and other insane appointments, Travelgate, the Starr investigation, the secret removal of Foster's files the night of his death, and more, all involving Hillary Clinton, then having to be forced to return tens of thousands of dollars worth of items that belonged to the White House after she and Bill Clinton left, I did not like the direction the party was going and I switched my party to Republican. I considered voting for her in 2008, but quickly got my head straight again. Now there's Benghazi, the emails. . .

Gloria Steinem can say what she wants, Madeline Albright can say I am going to hell because I am not going to "help" Hillary Clinton, corruption has surrounded Hillary Clinton during her entire political career, and will continue if she is elected President. I cannot imagine how anyone would even remotely consider voting for her.

Couldn't agree more with what you stated above!

Old 02-17-2016, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddma View Post
Some of these comments are as laughable as the female millennials telling everyone to vote for Bernie. Yea saying one will go to torment by not voting for a woman is bad but so is voting for Bernie to keep you from looking like a feminist.
I would like to see a woman President, but every time one runs it turns into anti-feminist/ feminist woman-have no common sense- thing from both sides much like Obama and vote for a minority thing.I don' t go by gender or race. It didn't help Palin or Hillary in 2008 nor will it help now. You also have to consider, though no candidates are hardly spring chickens, Bernie will be near 80 at the end of the first term.
And I certainly don't need a millennial, feminist, or anyone telling me who to vote for. So please stop thinking I have no sense to make my own choices.

But he has so much more energy than most even at his current age! He is also passionate about the issues.

Old 02-17-2016, 11:34 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo99 View Post
But he has so much more energy than most even at his current age! He is also passionate about the issues.
Talk to me about pragmatic execution as opposed to passion. Passion is fleeting.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Talk to me about pragmatic execution as opposed to passion. Passion is fleeting.
He has been focused on the same agenda for over 30 years. I don't think his passion on the issues is fleeting.

Most politicians have their proverbial finger in the wind to determine what their policies will be to get elected and get on the money trail of speaking engagements.

Old 02-18-2016, 05:10 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
He has been focused on the same agenda for over 30 years. I don't think his passion on the issues is fleeting.

Most politicians have their proverbial finger in the wind to determine what their policies will be to get elected and get on the money trail of speaking engagements.
He is a dreamer; a talker. Hillary is a doer. That is the difference.

Old 02-18-2016, 05:14 PM

27,159 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roddma
And I certainly don't need a millennial, feminist, or anyone telling me who to vote for. So please stop thinking I have no sense to make my own choices

Quote:

That's because he rested his butt for so many years when he was young.

Old 02-18-2016, 05:15 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,400,743 times
Hillary a "doer"? That is a laugh. She never accomplished one damn thing politically in her entire political career.

Old 02-18-2016, 05:17 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
He is a dreamer; a talker. Hillary is a doer. That is the difference.
What has Hillary herself ever "done" that you consider worthy of note? Other than run for office or fill positions based largely on her husband's accomplishments.

While she was in those positions, what did she do that was worthy of note?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections