Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 10:45 AM

350 posts, read 416,101 times

Advertisements

I really don't want to help Hillary accomplish items on her bucket list. FLOTUS of Arkansas - Check. FLOTUS of the U.S. - Check. U.S. Senator - Check. Secretary of State - Check. President of the United States - ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 10:48 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Sure Bernie is old but Clinton and Trump aren't far behind and Clinton appears to be in very poor health lately. They've been covering it up with applause but she has that nasty cough come back. I wonder about her blood clot issues.

I hope she doesn't ruin herself doing this, as I don't wish ill will on people, but that cough sounds painful!

Old 02-19-2016, 12:17 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
What has Hillary herself ever "done" that you consider worthy of note? Other than run for office or fill positions based largely on her husband's accomplishments.

While she was in those positions, what did she do that was worthy of note?

IF you don't know what Clinton has been doing basically since she graduated from college; then you don't want to know because it's all out there.

Google it yourself; I have a real job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Sure Bernie is old but Clinton and Trump aren't far behind and Clinton appears to be in very poor health lately. They've been covering it up with applause but she has that nasty cough come back. I wonder about her blood clot issues.

I hope she doesn't ruin herself doing this, as I don't wish ill will on people, but that cough sounds painful!
No offense, but this post is just pathetic.

Why can't Bernie stand up straight? He looks like a hunchback? Is he shrinking a bit in his old age?

There. Now I posted something just as pathetic.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:40 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
This idea that he is ineffective is a spin and myth the Hillary campaign think will stick because he didnt have the national profile of Hillary before he launched his campaign.

Bernie Gets It Done: Sanders' Record of Pushing Through Major Reforms Will Surprise You | Alternet

Quote:
Not only has Sanders gotten a lot more things done than Clinton did in her own short legislative career, he's actually one of the most effective members of Congress, passing bills, both big and small, that have reshaped American policy on key issues like poverty, the environment and health care.

Despite the fact that the most right-wing Republicans in a generation controlled the House of Representatives between 1994 and 2006, the member who passed the most amendments during that time was not a right-winger like Bob Barr or John Boehner. The amendment king was, instead, Bernie Sanders.

Sanders did something particularly original, which was that he passed amendments that were exclusively progressive, advancing goals such as reducing poverty and helping the environment, and he was able to get bipartisan coalitions of Republicans who wanted to shrink government or hold it accountable and progressives who wanted to use it to empower Americans.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
IF you don't know what Clinton has been doing basically since she graduated from college; then you don't want to know because it's all out there.

Google it yourself; I have a real job.

No offense, but this post is just pathetic.

Why can't Bernie stand up straight? He looks like a hunchback? Is he shrinking a bit in his old age?

There. Now I posted something just as pathetic.
Why are you taking personal offense? It's valid like yours is. He's old she's old she seems to be having some health problems, were questioning if he'll survive his first term, my response is would Trump or Hillary? They seem to be in poor health. Thus, your blatant offense taking is pathetic.

Maybe you're too invested in this.

Old 02-19-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Why are you taking personal offense? It's valid like yours is. He's old she's old she seems to be having some health problems, were questioning if he'll survive his first term, my response is would Trump or Hillary? They seem to be in poor health. Thus, your blatant offense taking is pathetic.

Maybe you're too invested in this.
Who says I'm taking personal offense?

You're going to have to develop a bit thicker skin if you want to hang out on the internet.

I simply suggested that your post trying to paint Hillary as frail and 'in poor health' was pathetic considering that you are supporting a 74 year old man. By the way, I've never suggested he would too old to run; too ill to run, etc etc.

Thus, your offense at my perceived offense - is just silly.

Old 02-19-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Who says I'm taking personal offense?

You're going to have to develop a bit thicker skin if you want to hang out on the internet.

I simply suggested that your post trying to paint Hillary as frail and 'in poor health' was pathetic considering that you are supporting a 74 year old man. By the way, I've never suggested he would too old to run; too ill to run, etc etc.

Thus, your offense at my perceived offense - is just silly.
That's because nobody was talking to you until you inserted your outrage over St. Hillary. I wasn't even responding to you but you took it a little too personally to question Hillarys health.

I don't even support Bernie, but I'd be okay with him winning over Hillary. He's a genuine guy, I know too much to support Clinton.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:17 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,975,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roddma View Post
Some of these comments are as laughable as the female millennials telling everyone to vote for Bernie. Yea saying one will go to torment by not voting for a woman is bad but so is voting for Bernie to keep you from looking like a feminist.
I would like to see a woman President, but every time one runs it turns into anti-feminist/ feminist woman-have no common sense- thing from both sides much like Obama and vote for a minority thing.I don' t go by gender or race. It didn't help Palin or Hillary in 2008 nor will it help now. You also have to consider, though no candidates are hardly spring chickens, Bernie will be near 80 at the end of the first term.
And I certainly don't need a millennial, feminist, or anyone telling me who to vote for. So please stop thinking I have no sense to make my own choices.
But Steinem was right after all!
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/berni...190049966.html

Old 02-20-2016, 06:05 AM

350 posts, read 416,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roddma
Some of these comments are as laughable as the female millennials telling everyone to vote for Bernie. Yea saying one will go to torment by not voting for a woman is bad but so is voting for Bernie to keep you from looking like a feminist.
I would like to see a woman President, but every time one runs it turns into anti-feminist/ feminist woman-have no common sense- thing from both sides much like Obama and vote for a minority thing.I don' t go by gender or race. It didn't help Palin or Hillary in 2008 nor will it help now. You also have to consider, though no candidates are hardly spring chickens, Bernie will be near 80 at the end of the first term.
And I certainly don't need a millennial, feminist, or anyone telling me who to vote for. So please stop thinking I have no sense to make my own choices

That's because he rested his butt for so many years when he was young.
Funny comment, but is it factual?

Old 02-20-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
That's because nobody was talking to you until you inserted your outrage over St. Hillary. I wasn't even responding to you but you took it a little too personally to question Hillarys health.

I don't even support Bernie, but I'd be okay with him winning over Hillary. He's a genuine guy, I know too much to support Clinton.
Your outrage is duly noted. FYI, it's an internet chat forum, no one is 'talking to' anyone and we all post regardless. See how that works?

IF anytime anyone responds to one of your posts that is not in complete agreement - you will call it outrage.

Whatever.

You sure sound like a Bernie supporter to me; but perhaps Trump is your guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections