Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 10:23 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,853,715 times

Advertisements

Hillary, really?

WOW! How out of touch can one be, or is it just blatant lies, because "The Bern"

Bullying, Insulting and Telling women what to do, as intimidation to those that like "The Bern"?
Albright? Really! That was rich, from the rich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2016, 10:26 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,652,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Oh, I think the Clinton's will do anything for a few hundred more million.

If I was her, I would speak more about all she and her husband did to earn that $150 million in speaking fees. I'm sure they earned it all. Want it Bill who repealed Glass-Steagall? Nice one for Wall Street. Led directly to the last two financial crashes. Dear Bill. Always looking out for the little guy - himself.

My wallet did just fine with Bill as President, thank you very much as well as many, many other people. One of the most popular presidents ever.

IF it's your opinion that there ARE no "Bernie Bros' and it's all just the Clinton's busy online pretending to be Bernie fans (what's one more conspiracy) ~ then just come on out and SAY it.

Though I think your are getting your Hillary hating threads mixed up.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:28 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,659,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
What really bothers me about this is neither Gloria Steinem nor Madeline Albright encouraged women to exercise their independent power of thought to make a choice in this election. Nope, just follow the herd, you're not bright enough to make a good decision group-think.

Overall, I thought the feminist movement was about having your individual freedom of choice. I think a true feminist would encourage women to think for themselves, choose the candidate that reflects their personal belief system and encourage women to exercise the hard won right to vote. I thought that was the most important thing. What happened to that?

The new message thoroughly disappoints.
I fought for the Equal Rights amendment and while it just missed passing, it did change our country and our world.

But that has nothing to do with supporting the corrupt politics that the Clintons engender. Bernie is authentic and had always fought for working families, even while Clinton is giving $250,000 speeches to Bankers.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:29 AM

29,253 posts, read 22,560,368 times
They are both old women in their 80s.
Their fights were fought in the past, in a different time, that defined them both for the rest of their lives. I'm sure that if Bella Abzug was still alive, she would be saying the same things.

This is a different century, a vastly different society, and our nation now has a much different racial and social makeup than things were 50 years ago. Old people, by and large, are not as flexible in their thinking as they once were, and I think this is especially true among the early feminists.

A lot of what they wanted the most a half century ago came to pass, but not in the way they envisioned. That's the way it always is with a revolution; the revolutionaries who were the first to lead the movement are always left disappointed in the end because the outcome is never as pure and perfectas the cause that started the revolution.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:30 AM

1,185 posts, read 809,642 times
She knew long time ago that she wanted to run for office, so she stuck to Bill just to have the Clinton name and that is what she is using now. She cares about showing how women should respect themselves, she stuck to Bill even though he cheated many times.

She has her own political agenda. Nevermind the FBI investigation going on right now. Didn't they shun General Petreaus( spelling) for less severe offense?

But she is innocent until proven guilty. Maybe that's why they are getting Biden Ready just in case.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
My wallet did just fine with Bill as President, thank you very much as well as many, many other people. One of the most popular presidents ever.

IF it's your opinion that there ARE no "Bernie Bros' and it's all just the Clinton's busy online pretending to be Bernie fans (what's one more conspiracy) ~ then just come on out and SAY it.

Though I think your are getting your Hillary hating threads mixed up.
My oh my. The Clinton's are way above dirty tricks. Glad you made money under Clinton. Explains everything. So did others and they paid them off nicely. $150 million isn't chump change. Bankers know their friends. As Bernie said, the business model of Wall Street is fraud.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:31 AM

37,849 posts, read 41,215,210 times
Hillary Clinton: "Fighting for Us." That's on her signs.

Can anyone name a fight she's won? That would be her accomplishment.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Hillary Clinton: "Fighting for Us." That's on her signs.

Can anyone name a fight she's won? That would be her accomplishment.
They fought to have Glass Steagall repealed which was the biggest gift to Wall Street in our history. Wall Street doesn't give $150 million in speaking fees unless it was well earned.

"In 1999 Congress passed the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act to repeal them, with nearly all Republicans and a majority of Democrats in favor. Eight days later, President Bill Clinton signed it into law."

A little known accomplishment of the Clintons.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:43 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,291,535 times
I would never vote for a candidate based solely on their race, gender or political party.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:55 AM

1,542 posts, read 1,132,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Clinton's campaign has turned pathetic. Now she has her husband going around accusing Sanders of Sexism. Now that's chutzbah.

The fact that Sanders won't smear Hillarys emails back at her or use her name directly in his ads about wall street shows he is weak and we need someone strong....Sanders even backed off to 2 black lives women who took control of his microphone at a rally!!!! weak, Weak, WEAK....The weak need not apply for POTUS...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections