Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2016, 08:15 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,639,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Taking 14 trillion from people and giving it to others would improve employment until the 14 trillion ran out and we where 35 trillion in debt with no way to pay it back. Tgis economist isn't to bright. Then again, here's a good example of Bernie supporters.

Sanders' last night turns into hippie music festival | Washington Examiner

We utterly failed the youth in this country.
The idea of taking from some people to help others has to end. It doesn't work. Which is why Bernie's theme is ending the privileged position of the Billionaire Class which uses government and industry (most especially the Fraud on Wall Street) to transfer wealth from the middle class to the Billionaire Class. Right now, wealth is more concentrated than in any time in our history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 08:19 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,623,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
I lived in Chicago and Illinois for 40 years. Obama is a product of the totally corrupt Illinois Democratic political machine. The guy is the biggest Quisling in our history. He sold out long ago.

One never knows what will happen once a person is in office. What drives me to Bernie is he has stuck to his principles for 40 years and at his age there is no reason to change and go back on his value system that he has embraced his whole life. He is from Brooklyn, and us Brooklynites have True Grit. We fight for what we believe in.
True enough and I agree about Obama, all talk and no ambition, but we don't have a social government, we have a capitalist government. How's Bernie going to navigate through that? They will stamp a NO on everything he attempts. Our healthcare is the only "for profit" mess in the world. I don't see the reality of untying that mess. So, I am on a teeter totter, reality vs dream. Trump vs Bernie.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:25 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,308,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
True enough and I agree about Obama, all talk and no ambition, but we don't have a social government, we have a capitalist government. How's Bernie going to navigate through that? They will stamp a NO on everything he attempts. Our healthcare is the only "for profit" mess in the world. I don't see the reality of untying that mess. So, I am on a teeter totter, reality vs dream. Trump vs Bernie.
Bernie doesn't need Congress to end the wars. The wars continue only as a way for the upper class to profit.

Bernie doesn't need Congress to prosecute the corrupt bankers.

The GOP is scared to death to not send a budget that a president will sign. The GOP will be happy to work with a president to reform health care. This was Obama's downfall. Sanders is big on the government actually working. Obama was big on petulance.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:30 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,460,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That doesn't explain how you expect it to be paid for.

That's not the topic of the thread. It wont be paid for if Bernie Sanders is elected. He will only add to it while taxing everyone at the same time.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Unfortunately, we no longer have a capitalist system. Out system had mutated into an Oligarchy, not unlike the systems in a Russia, China, and Germany, where a very few very powerful Billionaires control the shape of industry by controlling government. Government has become an appendage of the Oligarchy which allows the Oligarchy to control an unbelievable amount of economic and political power.

Bernie says that we need a political revolution to change this direction. So does Fiorina for that matter. Rand Paul also campaigns against this unholy relationship. The change has to start with people voting for a change in direction hence there two party insurgency. People have had it.

Bernie had principles and hopefully will be the beginning, just the beginning of this change.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
That's not the topic of the thread. It wont be paid for if Bernie Sanders is elected. He will only add to it while taxing everyone at the same time.
Right....another full of bluster with no answers outside of your politics.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Not if he stops the funneling of money from government to the Billionaire Class. But people have to change their votes for Congressman for this to happen. The heavy cost of government is due to all the money that is being skimmed of the top by Big Pharm, Big Oil, Big Money, and Big Defense. Government is being used as a conduit of money from the working families to the Billionaire Class. People want this to end.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Not if he stops the funneling of money from government to the Billionaire Class. But people have to change their votes for Congressman for this to happen. The heavy cost of government is due to all the money that is being skimmed of the top by Big Pharm, Big Oil, Big Money, and Big Defense. Government is being used as a conduit of money from the working families to the Billionaire Class. People want this to end.
Indeed, stop the massive debt creation to see to it that Wall Street thrives. End the wars creating trillions in new debt.

Right there is a huge chunk without a single tax being enacted.

All the same it seems those complaining have no answers to our 19 trillion debt. They prefer those who will continue to lie to them.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Indeed, stop the massive debt creation to see to it that Wall Street thrives. End the wars creating trillions in new debt.

Right there is a huge chunk without a single tax being enacted.

All the same it seems those complaining have no answers to our 19 trillion debt. They prefer those who will continue to lie to them.
Agreed. Rubio, Clinton, Bush, Christie .. all the same. More wealth for the super wealthy.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:50 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,460,721 times
Quote:
I lived in Chicago and Illinois for 40 years. Obama is a product of the totally corrupt Illinois Democratic political machine. The guy is the biggest Quisling in our history. He sold out long ago.

One never knows what will happen once a person is in office. What drives me to Bernie is he has stuck to his principles for 40 years and at his age there is no reason to change and go back on his value system that he has embraced his whole life. He is from Brooklyn, and us Brooklynites have True Grit. We fight for what we believe in.
But, he's had over 25 years in Congress to make some or all of these principles reality and has been unable to convince Congress to adopt them. What makes you think he will be any more successful as President?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections