Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2016, 10:22 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Again....no solution.
I'm not the one touting that the solution is to add another tax onto the backs of American workers and retirees. Bernie and YOU are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 10:23 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,609,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
No it won't. Just go after the wealthy with taxes until they've paid back about $20 trillion.

If they don't like it they can move to China, and leave America for real Americans who are willing to contribute their fair share to the country's operations.
They will, at least they will move the jobs there like they've been doing. Americans will still be paying for the product. It won't work that way, and hasn't worked that way.

Trump - yes, they can move on but they won't be able to sell their crap here. There is a big difference in the two scenarios.

Our trade policies have to change before we tell business to f off and move to another country for production. They'd have to take Target and Walmart with them in order for us to gain from that.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:23 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,966,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
No it won't. Just go after the wealthy with taxes until they've paid back about $20 trillion.

If they don't like it they can move to China, and leave America for real Americans who are willing to contribute their fair share to the country's operations.
Far right wingers are so afraid and worried for the well being of billionaires that they would rather turn America into a full blown feudal state so they would have to leave America themselves.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:24 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Examples would be nice. Most of who voted for Obama thought he had those principle things.
The first time. It was obvious he didn't soon after he was elected. No excuses after that.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:24 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
HaHa.......I don't think you will fit in to that crowd as you are unable to stick to your principles like Bernie.
I'm switchin' sides, Blondy! Gimme!

Old 02-09-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm not the one touting that the solution is to add another tax onto the backs of American workers and retirees. Bernie and YOU are.
As I said, this is how I know when I'm on the right track. Those who argue otherwise have no alternatives.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:26 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,966,079 times
Quote:
They will, at least they will move the jobs there like they've been doing. Americans will still be paying for the product. It won't work that way, and hasn't worked that way.

Trump - yes, they can move on but they won't be able to sell their crap here. There is a big difference in the two scenarios.

Our trade policies have to change before we tell business to f off and move to another country for production.
These corporations and their lackeys in media and think tanks are nothing but paper tigers. It's easy to call their bluff when they begin with their "threatening behavior".

5,559 posts, read 4,631,471 times
Quote:
Examples would be nice. Most of who voted for Obama thought he had those principle things.
The most obvious would be his vote against v the Haliburton War (sometimes referred to as the Iraq War). At that time it took real True Grit and principles to stand up to the waves of lies about WMDs that was streaming out of the White House. I was against the war because I saw it for v what it was, a gravy train for the neo-cons. I got a lot of heat and I can't imagine the heat that Bernie was taking. At the end, principles win out. He didn't cave in. Clinton was more than happy to go along as did almost all of the Republican party. Paul was the exception. Another politician with principles.

Quote:

Our trade policies have to change before we tell business to f off and move to another country for production. They'd have to take Target and Walmart with them in order for us to gain from that.
Our trade policies do need to change. Maybe something like Germany's?

Old 02-09-2016, 10:28 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,582,206 times
I won't say Bernie is a bad guy but he is definitely not the economic growth candidate and after all that Wall Street hate speech you could expect any win by him to be correlated with a significant stock market drop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections