Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 05:38 PM

34,299 posts, read 15,720,952 times

Advertisements

Looking at the thread. Bush, Kasich, Kruz, Rubio, all stay in and split the establishment vote while Trump continues winning first and second.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 05:57 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,690,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If Hillary continues to lie and cheat her way to the nomination, Kasich is the only one I would consider voting for to defeat her.
That's because he is like voting for another Democrat. I think you can take him off your list. He won't make it in a normal state primary. NH is a very liberal state.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:00 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Looking at the thread. Bush, Kasich, Kruz, Rubio, all stay in and split the establishment vote while Trump continues winning first and second.
Bush and Rubio are illegal lovers.
Cruz was born in Canada so loyal Americans will not vote for him.
Kasich sounds like a Democrat.
Trump understands the main issue is getting rid of the illegals.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:10 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,317,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Kasich needs to drop out. In a GOP field of beef steak and rib racks he's the lonely Graham cracker at the kiddy table.
Why? He had a good showing in NH. You think Iowa and NH speak for the country? Think again.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:11 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,366,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
That's because he is like voting for another Democrat. I think you can take him off your list. He won't make it in a normal state primary. NH is a very liberal state.
O.K. I'll listen. How so?

Old 02-10-2016, 06:13 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,716,455 times
Regarding Kasich, although I don't agree with some of his policies, I do believe he has a pretty good chance of going all the way to the nomination.

Let me explain why... when my son was little, we watched a lot of PBS tv shows. He would watch Sesame Street, then Electric company, and finally Mr. Rogers. By the time Mr. Rogers came on, he was hyper as heck... all that bam bam bam... 15 second assaults on the senses stuff he got in those first two shows (actually, I really believe that is where all this ADHD stuff started with kids - they never learned how to lengthen their attention span, but that is another story). Then Mr. Rogers, gentle voice, quieting the nerves. The kid was all settled down and ready for a nap when Mr. Rogers was over.

The point of that little fairy tale... Kasich is like Mr. Rogers, calm, quiet, explains things in a reassuring manner. Also, not negative or mean spirited. I don't think he will ever run a negative ad (ok, he might, after all, he is a politician). He is so very different from the others in the Republican side of the race that a lot of people might be starting to look at him as the best alternative.

Another way he is like Mr. Rogers - the whole 'won't you be my neighbor' thing... wouldn't it be great if we all just stopped being so nasty to each other? I know I'm guilty of it and I know y'all are, too. It should make us all ashamed of ourselves. I'm trying real hard to be ashamed of myself. Oh gawd... it is sooooo difficult! Which is why I have to admit, he isn't all that likely to get the nomination.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:14 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
O.K. I'll listen. How so?
Sorry, after listening to what he had done in Ohio in the first debate, I stopped listening to him. He sounded like the problem instead of the solution. He also bragged about how he had worked with Clinton to balance the US budget. Look back to that and see what really happened. It sounded balanced but they robbed the SS. That is not balancing the budget; that's stealing and it caused the problem SS has today. Bunch of crooks. No Thanks!

That is also when the banks started being run by the government that is also causing most of the problems with the housing bubble. People who are not responsible enough to pay off a loan do not need to be getting the loan. Government needs to keep out of private business.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:19 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,554,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Regarding Kasich, although I don't agree with some of his policies, I do believe he has a pretty good chance of going all the way to the nomination.

Let me explain why... when my son was little, we watched a lot of PBS tv shows. He would watch Sesame Street, then Electric company, and finally Mr. Rogers. By the time Mr. Rogers came on, he was hyper as heck... all that bam bam bam... 15 second assaults on the senses stuff he got in those first two shows (actually, I really believe that is where all this ADHD stuff started with kids - they never learned how to lengthen their attention span, but that is another story). Then Mr. Rogers, gentle voice, quieting the nerves. The kid was all settled down and ready for a nap when Mr. Rogers was over.

The point of that little fairy tale... Kasich is like Mr. Rogers, calm, quiet, explains things in a reassuring manner. Also, not negative or mean spirited. I don't think he will ever run a negative ad (ok, he might, after all, he is a politician). He is so very different from the others in the Republican side of the race that a lot of people might be starting to look at him as the best alternative.

Another way he is like Mr. Rogers - the whole 'won't you be my neighbor' thing... wouldn't it be great if we all just stopped being so nasty to each other? I know I'm guilty of it and I know y'all are, too. It should make us all ashamed of ourselves. I'm trying real hard to be ashamed of myself. Oh gawd... it is sooooo difficult! Which is why I have to admit, he isn't all that likely to get the nomination.
I like to listen to Michael Medved talk radio host - he's one of the National Review writers who trashed Trump......he seemed to endorse Kasich today. I'm afraid though that he wouldn't compete vs Dems. I like the idea of voting for a less radical candidate who can bring Americans together.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:22 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,853,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Christie going home and will make a decision. He won't be a factor in the next state primary.

The establishment can't produce agreement on who will represent them. Kasich one and done. Had a good ground game, maybe the best, but he doesn't have that in S. C. or anywhere else. Cruz one and done. Maybe and maybe not, depends on S.C. If we see another establishment candidate first or second in S.C. then the establishment will be on life support. They are being damaged by indecision and Trump is beneficiary of that.

I'm predicting Cruz or Bush second in S.C.
Why did you not include Trump to your list. He has won just as many caucus/primaries as Cruz??

Old 02-10-2016, 06:24 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,853,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I like to listen to Michael Medved talk radio host - he's one of the National Review writers who trashed Trump......he seemed to endorse Kasich today. I'm afraid though that he wouldn't compete vs Dems. I like the idea of voting for a less radical candidate who can bring Americans together.
Medved is all about electability and not about conservative principles. His slobbering support for McCain turned me off of him for political discussions. Plus, I have attended several events with him and I find him quite unfriendly and brusk in person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections